Disney Memories

Matt and Kelly

Original Poster
I read a cool story the other day, in another thread, about a great Disney memory and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I figured I would start a separate one where we can discuss our favorite moments or memories at WDW.

For me, it was our last day in Disney and me, DW, and her two cousins went to Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning. We watched the opening show and immediately went to Space Mountain to start the day. The park wasn't overly busy so we were able to get on a lot of rides right off the bat.

We worked our way through Fantasyland and headed over to ride the other two mountains. On the way, I grabbed a coffee to try and wake up a little. We ended up getting to Big Thunder well before I was finished my coffee. My wife and her cousins went on Big Thunder while I stayed back to finish my coffee.

I found a nice place to sit and just watched the people around me and took in the sights and sounds. It was a great morning weather wise and it was so nice to just sit there and soak everything up.

As much fun as we had over the last 10 days, this was my favorite moment. I think back to that moment as much as I can and look forward to our next trip to re-live some of the great times.

OK, now its your turn...

Mr D Duck

This is a difficult one...
I suppose my ultimate disney memory has to be sitting on the ground at the hub waiting for the 11.00pm Spectromagic last July just reflecting on the happenings of the day and looking forward to the next day at DAK. This is what Disney is all about for me, the sense of magic day in, day out.

toystorymaniacs

There are so many memories over all of our trips, many of them like Matty's are just in the very simple moments of taking it all in and enjoy the little moments. Like the first time each of my boys saw Mickey, or our first MNSSHP knowing that we had never before had so much fun on our lives, or after a 10 day stay over July 4th carrying my oldest (who was 2 at the time ) out of MK as he was half asleep after a midnight showing of spectro and listening to him sing "wishes".

My ulitmate was in 2005 when we got to open MK. We got our own private ride through MK, alone time with the characters a train ride with Mickey and Minnie and then got to stand on the train station and throw pixie dust as the music played. To this day I can not hear the MK opening music without crying.

It would have to be my first trip ever to DW. We were at MK after closing at night and walking out with my wife under my arms. Looking around and seeing the castle with lights on it. MK is truly a magical place. I was hooked after that.

disneykw

A couple days ago, when I was at MK I laid down at the nice secluded bench area right at the entrance of Tomorrowland. I was dead tired by the end of the day, and while I didn't want to fall asleep as I was just waiting around for Wishes, I must have nodded out a bit here and there. It was so relaxing with the TLand BGM music and all.

Most special Disney memory? Gotta be all the times I saw Electrical Parade in my childhood. I'll never forget that. :)

foreverbelle

Would probably be a tradition that my husband and I started on our honeymoon and have continued.

We always try to hit up MK right before we leave :(. Its a sad night for us, knowing the next day we have to return to reality and life. To lessen the pain we have stayed late on MK hit up the ice cream joint on the corner of Main St (cant remember the name) and sit and watch Wishes as we enjoy. Being allergic to dairy I am not supposed to have it, but for that one night I allow myself a small dose. While we have done several things throughout the years and times we have gone to Disney, its sitting there eating the ice cream in the middle of the park with My Prince Charming that gets me every time!

DisneyMom4

I simply can't pick just one.....sitting here thinking about it brings back so many great memories.

There's MNSSHP from two years back when my children were playing with the CMs late in the evening. The CMs were trying to get all of their candy gone and had decided that my children needed more candy. There was candy in every crevice of our stroller, every pocket, every bag.....it was ridiculous the amount of candy we had at that point. But it was so much fun! I laughed so hard and the kids were having so much fun.

Then last year we were at AK for evening EMH. The park was clearing out and we started riding Everest. We got on 13 times in a row. At some point I just got that 'feeling' - you know the one where you realize at that very moment you have exactly everything you need in life and just could not ask for a single thing more. My kids and I were together, hanging out, having fun at Disney. Perfect.

My girls opened MK one morning (before it was a big show), my youngest daughters delight at eating with Cinderella at the Castle for her 5th birthday (walked up and got in - just the two of us), a surprise dance party in Toon Town late one July evening, the first time I took all 4 of my children together reveling in the fact that the youngest was alive (it wasn't a given for a good while during my pregnancy)

I just simply can't pick one and that, in and of itself, is a good thing!

disneyowf

Just soaking in Illuminations in 2003 with my wife and I while we were at Disney celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (without the kids :)). The entire setting and moment was perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom