News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomama

I wonder if they’ll be able to negotiate cheaper premiums as a company mandating vaccination. They probably will do another plus for the company
My hubby is in the industry. Disney is self-insured which means there is definitely a financial incentice to vaccinating their employees

Smiley/OCD

No… but from a union perspective it is about the time to go get it. (What about getting there during open times, and impacts on child care eyc…) And as they say time is money. If required it should (in a union state of mind) be paid work time.
Very simple answer...bring the vaccines to the CM's...Have CVS, Dept. of Health, etc. set up shop backstage at all 4 parks or other central locations, and pay all the CM's 2 hours to go and get the vaccine. As far as the union employees are concerned, ask any teacher...they will fight this tooth and nail. It's unfortunate...I have MS and I just found out that due to the medication I'm on, The vaccine doesn't take a good "foothold" in the body...I'm now waiting for the green light to get a third shot, the "booster". I'm all for personal liberty, BUT if we are EVER going to get back to some semblance of normalcy, just SHUT UP, roll up your sleeve and get the jab. If not, kindly stay the hell out of WDW (especially while I'm there) lol.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Very simple answer...bring the vaccines to the CM's...Have CVS, Dept. of Health, etc. set up shop backstage at all 4 parks or other central locations, and pay all the CM's 2 hours to go and get the vaccine. As far as the union employees are concerned, ask any teacher...they will fight this tooth and nail. It's unfortunate...I have MS and I just found out that due to the medication I'm on, The vaccine doesn't take a good "foothold" in the body...I'm now waiting for the green light to get a third shot, the "booster". I'm all for personal liberty, BUT if we are EVER going to get back to some semblance of normalcy, just SHUT UP, roll up your sleeve and get the jab. If not, kindly stay the hell out of WDW (especially while I'm there) lol.
They already have a very close relationship with AdventHealth, one of the large local hospital systems. This is the company that was doing the temperature checks when that was a thing. It seems likely they would bring them into cast facilities to administer the vaccines, at least for the Orlando locations. All the other large campus' around the country would likely make similar arrangements.

Smiley/OCD

They already have a very close relationship with AdventHealth, one of the large local hospital systems. This is the company that was doing the temperature checks when that was a thing. It seems likely that they would bring them into cast facilities to administer the vaccines.
PERFECT!! Hopefully, that was the second phone call they made after making the announcement.

celluloid

They already have a very close relationship with AdventHealth, one of the large local hospital systems. This is the company that was doing the temperature checks when that was a thing. It seems likely they would bring them into cast facilities to administer the vaccines, at least for the Orlando locations. All the other large campus' around the country would likely make similar arrangements.

And it is not like they are starting with zero. Probably close to half or so if not more are already vaccinated. New hires replacing ones that leave and CPs coming in will also be vaccinated as they arrive. It is not starting with a blank.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s easy to say “DeSantis won’t let Disney require vaccine cards to get in” but I don’t see them doing that in California either (the place they are moving many from because of past
covid decisions that didn’t make sense)

I’m actually in favor of them doing that however but I’m not sure how that would go. Even the “mandatory” vaccines for employees. Things could get interesting. There will still be some (not just at Disney) that won’t do it

Larry Mondello

Day one of the new mask policy:
2021-07-30 (2).png

mguimond1990

I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere in the other 340 pages, but it really surprises me that sea world and universal didn’t follow suit. They usually always follow each other, and now Disney is looking like the odd one out.

Roy G. Dis

I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere in the other 340 pages, but it really surprises me that sea world and universal didn’t follow suit. They usually always follow each other, and now Disney is looking like the odd one out.

Eh. You could just as easily say Disney is more assertive and comfortable with making an unpopular policy because of how much they value guest safety.

fractal

In general, viruses mutate to become more contagious but less harmful. This allows our immune system to catch up. If this wasn't true the Human Race would have been wiped out a very long time ago.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think it’s because more people have had enough of the flip flop unreliable and sometimes politically slanted (both sides) info we’ve received since the beginning of this moreso than those who are scared of it, especially those who are vaxed. This could hurt Disney some honestly, especially since if they truly care about public health and covid transmission why only go back to masking indoors? It’s more magical PR safety facade than it really making a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom