News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ

fractal

ah, the "but did you die?" take
Well that was the entire point of my original post.
Screenshot_20210730-222418.png

jpinkc

The unions could always ask for nothing in return. Do it out of everyone’s best interest. :hilarious:
ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry my grandfather was a Teamster and they couldnt even give them a cost of living increase in the 80's and he needed it like all the others at the time.

Parker in NYC

Just focusing on all the good things that happened to this family's trip to Universal Orlando instead of focusing on any of the bad stuff that happened.

Don't we all try to overlook all the bad stuff that happens during our WDW vacation (I am talking to all of us in the WDW food poisoning club) and remember the good stuff that happens while on the happiest place on earth?
“How was your vacation?”
“Well, we didn’t die in a car accident!”
“That bad huh?”

Parker in NYC

I think it’s because more people have had enough of the flip flop unreliable and sometimes politically slanted (both sides) info we’ve received since the beginning of this moreso than those who are scared of it, especially those who are vaxed. This could hurt Disney some honestly, especially since if they truly care about public health and covid transmission why only go back to masking indoors? It’s more magical PR safety facade than it really making a difference
What is the political benefit of keeping people masked? Please tell me. What is the political benefit of keeping people unmasked? Please tell me. And if you don’t want to write it here, send me a PM. These are questions I have every day that haven’t been answered.

Trauma

Apparently, he doesn't have to worry about money ;)
Not when it comes to Disney Trips.

I use these things called points that are free!!

All joking aside I wonder if this mask mandate and all the changes that come with it derailed the paid fast pass plan for now.

You would think they would want to drop something like that into good news.

Oh well if the lines are long it is what it is, gonna make the best of it.

With Disney mandating vaccines for employees today I expect to see other announcements soon.

I know the news is bleak right now but the vaccines do work.

Between employers mandating and hopefully health insurance companies applying some pressure we can get to the finish line.

Trauma

What is the political benefit of keeping people masked? Please tell me. What is the political benefit of keeping people unmasked? Please tell me. And if you don’t want to write it here, send me a PM. These are questions I have every day that haven’t been answered.
So this is something I struggle to figure out also.

Best I could come up with is the mask has become a symbol.

Many people have strong feelings about it on both sides.

But gaining actual political benefit from keeping people masked?

Yeah that’s a huge leap.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter if you like the mandates or not if you want what’s best for the country you follow the rules.

We don’t need masks if we all get vaccinated.

If you hate the mask GREAT!

Go get your shot and show that piece of fabric how much you hate it.

Trauma

Given how large they are, I would have to think the combination of Walmart and Disney mandating vaccines for employees would move the needle all by itself.
I’m hoping we get more announcements over the following week.

I would expect other major names to jump in the ring.

Time to start sending a message.

You want a job?

Get your vaccine.

Wendy Pleakley

Which Karen took this photo? …and is she quarantining because she’s worried about exposure or no?

man some people need to get a life

The photo shows how people are being infantile and refusing to follow the rules, increasing overall risk during an ongoing pandemic.

Maybe direct your ire towards the person in the photo, not the messenger.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The photo shows how people are being infantile and refusing to follow the rules, increasing overall risk during an ongoing pandemic.

Maybe direct your ire towards the person in the photo, not the messenger.
Are they increasing risk? Maybe they are vaccinated and not carrying covid and the mask is not needed for those people 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Lilofan

I did as did many others and yet here we are…again

covid isn’t going away
Not everyone will get the shot
Are we just going to mask and hide under our bed forever?
That's true not everyone will get the shot but companies like Disney are stepping but and making it policy for cast to get the shot.More companies will sure to follow. I recommend a swifer stick to clean the dust bunnies underneath your bed if you have wooden floors or get help moving the bed if you have to vacuum the carpet underneath the bed if you are going to crawl and hide under there.

maui2k7

We are going next week and I have been trying to convince myself masks won’t be a big deal. I had to wear it at work again starting yesterday and was reminded how much I really do not like them at all. My kids (10,12) and wife do not mind them and still want to go, but I do not want to wear one, especially while on an expensive vacation. Anyone else struggling with the decision to keep or postpone their trip?

dreday3

We are going next week and I have been trying to convince myself masks won’t be a big deal. I had to wear it at work again starting yesterday and was reminded how much I really do not like them at all. My kids (10,12) and wife do not mind them and still want to go, but I do not want to wear one, especially while on an expensive vacation. Anyone else struggling with the decision to keep or postpone their trip?

Are you guys vaccinated? Are you worried about getting the virus?

If you are fine with both those questions and the only reason you would cancel is due to masking inside - are you okay with disappointing your wife and kids who want to go just because you don't want to wear a mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom