News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Communicora

Premium Member
Does anyone have the Disney face masks?
Do you like them?
Initially I was just going to bring a few disposable masks since I wasn't going to need them much but now it seems like I'll be wearing them a lot and the Disney ones were marked down much lower than any other masks I was looking at on amazon so I bought a bunch.
Now I hope I like them lol.
(The only mask I REALLY like is one that's not allowed so had to find something else)
I'm not a fan. I felt like the ear loops were awkwardly thick and the fabric kinda sucked into my mouth too easily. I much prefer disposable masks like KN95s and KF94s.

Trauma

Non Political
———————-

Is the $100 Biden is calling for a mistake?

I think he should have waited to say something until the plan was ready to rock.

Now if your planning on getting vaccinated you might say to yourself “hey let’s wait until this $100 thing gets approved”

I love the idea.

I wish it was more money.

I question the execution.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Probably has been discussed but will social distancing be brought back along with the CDC guidance? Are tables still well spaced out in its current state? Sounds like the guidance really only spoke to indoor masks but I always thought the combination of the 2 was the best in the CDC's mind.

legwand77

“Pavia said he’s seen a marked increase in hospitalized children.”
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 3.54.24 PM.png

Yeah, really stretching a "marked increase", went from .4 to 1 average for 1-14 years old. and now dropping off. 15-24 riding around .5-1. Not exactly sky is falling numbers.

MrPromey

You're right. It's a huge government secret. You see, in precisely two years, the government's secret serum inside the vaccine will activate, and then BAM! Everyone who got it will turn into a bunch of mutant half human, half shark land beasts, and they will attack all of the unvaccinated. Meanwhile those who got the vaccine later will be helpless to stop it when they themselves turn into half sharks. The terror.

How rude!

You know, a spoiler alert would really have been nice! :mad:

I was looking forward to walking into The Suicide Squad next week, fresh!

ExarwTlVoAQn44U.jpg

Muffinpants

page 300 on a mask thread.. im not used to forums allowing this >.>. I wonder if they can evetually just give everyone a tax break for getting the vaccine. We need a country wide database anyway

Muffinpants

You're right. It's a huge government secret. You see, in precisely two years, the government's secret serum inside the vaccine will activate, and then BAM! Everyone who got it will turn into a bunch of mutant half human, half shark land beasts, and they will attack all of the unvaccinated. Meanwhile those who got the vaccine later will be helpless to stop it when they themselves turn into half sharks. The terror.
Do I get a tail?... cuz I really want a tail

legwand77

As the person who manages COVID for my company, this news gives me chills but is completely understandable. I won't go back to Disney (Annual or semi-annual trips for the past 25 years) until all of this is in the rear view mirror. I don't want to vacation in a mask and I don't want to pay 150.00 per day for less than full Disney. So it's gonna be awhile. Maybe forever.

BTW Google and Netflix pay way more and provide more benefits than Disney pays its front line Cast Members. So they have a lot more leverage in mandating vaccines. Especially right now when the need for 15.00 dollar employees far exceeds the supply. THATS WHY Disney cannot mandate it. If they could do it then they would. Period. I sit in HR discussions (restaurant company that pays pretty high wages) all day where that is discussed. If we mandated vaccines we would not be able to open locations and instead of having 60% staffing levels we would be closing restaurants. Rock meet Hard Place. Disney is no different. Only the scope and scale of their staff is.
This one of the most real posts on here regarding mandates

Wendy Pleakley

Non Political
———————-

I think he should have waited to say something until the plan was ready to rock.

Now if your planning on getting vaccinated you might say to yourself “hey let’s wait until this $100 thing gets approved”

I love the idea.

Have any carrots proven effective thus far?

I like seeing things like a vaccine required by employers, with regular testing a consequence if choosing not to get vaccinated.

Lilofan

Have any carrots proven effective thus far?

I like seeing things like a vaccine required by employers, with regular testing a consequence if choosing not to get vaccinated.
I like even better vaccine required by employers as condition of employment ( ie Orange County , FL County employees need to be fully vaccinated by the end of Sept ). Thank you former Orlando sheriff and current Mayor Jerry Demings!

legwand77

I like even better vaccine required by employers as condition of employment ( ie Orange County , FL County employees need to be fully vaccinated by the end of Sept ). Thank you former Orlando sheriff and current Mayor Jerry Demings!
be vaccinated or be tested weekly is the full option

Ponderer

Non Political
———————-

I love the idea.

These are fair questions. I don’t know. I think in terms of encouraging people right now, it’s all just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. We have a lottery in MA with a series of huge potential prizes if you’ve been vaccinated, but I don’t know if that moved the needle at all.

I did see one report - I’ll see if I can dig up the link, it was a few days ago - where some vaccine hesitant people said the one scenario that would prompt them to get vaccinated would be if their job mandated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom