News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomama

That is not true. People are cancelling this morning. Not sure how many but some are. Whether it’s because of masks or because of new spread the announcement has made people rethink their fall trips
My close friend was leaving today to take 3 kids to wdw. They cancelled late last night. Not bc of masks but bc of the high rates of infection. They don’t want their kids to get Covid. So people are cancelling for that reason too

Bartattack

I cancelled my August 11th trip not because of masks but because the travel ban will still be in place for Belgium... moved it to 29th of october... fingers crossed. (Maybe not so bad now the mask policy is back... but I wouldn't have cancelled for that. Still used to wearing masks in all buildings/shops here.)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I totally respect your stance…

the problem is “individual choice” just does not work in this country anymore. It’s a big ball of hate…we don’t make choices based on anything but what we want in the spur of the moment…and long-standing economic grievances and social fears are being manifested outloud in a way of misdirection from social media, entertainment, etc that only deepens the chasms.

sorry for the philosophy…but this was never about one Man or one virus or one vaccine.
Oh I don't disagree. Number of deaths due to COVID:

Data 1.jpg

Number of deaths per 100k cases:
Data 2.jpg

I'm following the science. Straight from the CDC - .0002% death rate per 100k cases and I have to wear a mask indoors or even worse...stay 6 ft from people on a Disney Cruise. I have always followed the science, not the media. And the science is plenty clear to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The vaccine mandate discussion really doesn't apply to the new CDC guidance, yes we need more vaccinated.

The new mask requirements for vaccinated/all is because the CDC determined that vaccinated people can spread the virus as much as the unvaccinated. They are/were very clear on that. Even moreso the metric for where people need to be masked is based on transmissibility not vaccinated rates. so whether or their is a vaccine mandate or something like it is moot in regard to the current guidance.

This is strictly about number of cases now as the guidelines and metrics show. The metric is not low hospitalizations, it is only about cases.

Note they also newly recommended on Tuesday, if a vaccinated person is exposed to a positive they should be tested even if asymptomatic and quarantine for ten days if positive. That is only going to increase cases even more. Masks at Disney are not going away any time soon at all (perhaps a few months early fall, when cases drop, then back on in late fall/winter). The mask recommendations are not about being unvaccinated, perhaps on a meta level, but not in reality where it is all about cases.

That statement is contrary to what is said on the CDC web site:
  • A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.

legwand77

That statement is contrary to what is said on the CDC web site:
  • A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.
no that is what I am saying, I agree with the CDC statement. the vaccine is not a forcefield. It helps from getting a mild or severe case as CDC says, but getting way off topic. no need to discuss that here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I don't disagree. Number of deaths due to COVID:

View attachment 575455
Number of deaths per 100k cases:
View attachment 575456

I'm following the science. Straight from the CDC - .0002% death rate per 100k cases and I have to wear a mask indoors or even worse...stay 6 ft from people on a Disney Cruise. I have always followed the science, not the media. And the science is plenty clear to me.
Honestly…those shouldn’t be going

juggling an international crew with less vaccine access and the potential PR nightmare of an incident should keep the fleet in port.

legwand77

Going to shake shake is going to suck even more with people digging around for a piece of paper or not having it. Hard Pass. It is a win for them because because many fast food places are moving to get rid of indoor dining, found out during Covid they can do without it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom