News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Going to shake shake is going to suck even more with people digging around for a piece of paper or not having it. Hard Pass. It is a win for them because because many fast food places are moving to get rid of indoor dining, found out during Covid they can do without it
Why do so many people on this board make the most mundane things sound so impossible and difficult?

Chi84

Premium Member
Against the law in Florida for their locations there, that will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Is it against the law in Florida for an employer to require the vaccine? I thought it was legal to do so, but the very obvious work-around is that the employer could not require documentation to verify that the employee actually got vaccinated.

Parker in NYC

Going to shake shake is going to suck even more with people digging around for a piece of paper or not having it. Hard Pass. It is a win for them because because many fast food places are moving to get rid of indoor dining, found out during Covid they can do without it
:hungover:

Heelz2315

Exactly. My cousin cancelled his upcoming trip for September because of the mask issue.

Cancelled mine this morning. Had a 10 day trip planned starting 8/17. Was staying at the Contemporary. That's a nice chunk of change to get back. Cancelled my dining reservations, park etc. everything. I do not want to wear a mask anywhere on property. It sucks to only have 7 weeks or so to try and cram in a vacation, but that's all we had.

It also blows when the CDC changes guidance on "assumptions". That's exactly what they did.

Experts ask to see data behind new policy (chron.com)

But Fauci noted there is not yet clinical data on what the high viral loads mean in terms of disease transmission. "You can make a reasonable assumption that vaccinated people can transmit the virus just like unvaccinated people can,

legwand77

Is it against the law in Florida for an employer to require the vaccine? I thought it was legal to do so, but the very obvious work-around is that the employer could not require documentation to verify that the employee actually got vaccinated.
it is against the law for a business to demand proof of vaccination of services to customers.

Reactions: CJR

chimchimcheree

More employers should mandate vaccines. IMHO it's time for everyone to mandate vaccines barring a legitimate excuse, such as a pre-existing health condition. I think people are beginning to wise up to the fact that we face an interminable public health crisis (with the attendant economic consequences), and unless vaccination rates go up, COVID-19--and masks and distancing requirements and school closures and shutdowns and all the other things we hate about this pandemic--will become a regular way of life. My state's ICU beds are closing in on full. Hint as to where I'm from: we're last place in adult vaccination rates.

What boggles my mind is that corporate America (especially Disney, which needs people in theater seats and in theme parks) didn't get on the mitigation-and-vaccination bandwagon at the very beginning, since they are getting financially pounded. (So are my investments, but if a poor market is what it takes to get us out of this nightmare, so be it.) I know this is America, where rugged individualism is the way of life, but collective action is not an inherently bad thing.

Sorry for the rant, but if I have to return to Zoom University or cancel my January Disney trip, I might explode.

chimchimcheree

Cancelled mine this morning. Had a 10 day trip planned starting 8/17. Was staying at the Contemporary. That's a nice chunk of change to get back. Cancelled my dining reservations, park etc. everything. I do not want to wear a mask anywhere on property. It sucks to only have 7 weeks or so to try and cram in a vacation, but that's all we had.

It also blows when the CDC changes guidance on "assumptions". That's exactly what they did.

But Fauci noted there is not yet clinical data on what the high viral loads mean in terms of disease transmission. "You can make a reasonable assumption that vaccinated people can transmit the virus just like unvaccinated people can,
I really don't know how many times this has to be said, but this is a novel coronavirus, which means that its impact on human populations is unknown. Because we've not seen it before. We have basic information we are able to extrapolate from previous coronavirus outbreaks, such as SARS. COVID-19 upgraded to a pandemic in a matter of days. The CDC is having to make on-the-fly decisions to mitigate as much of the risk as possible. A lot of the earliest mitigation strategies were designed to help control the crushing burden on ICUs. You don't have to like it, and you don't have to think it's sound, but they're trying to keep a mutating virus under control while they gather data and make the correct scientific conclusions to guide future policymaking choices.

The concept of people "shedding" the virus from the vaccine has been disproven time and time again. Vaccinated people can still be susceptible to contracting the Delta (or any other, because we've let this thing just run rampant in the human population) variant, which can be transmitted to others. The vaccine has been demonstrated to lessen its severity--good news for ICU/hospital staff.

legwand77

Actually didn't Desantis just recently sign this into Florida law (with cruise lines in mind)? But I doubt it is against the law for a company to require employees to be vaccinated.
not employees, customers. and it wasn't for cruise lines in mind, that only became an issue because of jurisdictions question, who makes the rules for cruise lines etc.

chimchimcheree

Unfortunately, above poster is right. A new Florida law says it's perfectly legal to require employees to get the vaccine, but no business, school, or employer may be permitted to require proof of vaccination. Because "individual choice," right?

The unvaccinated are the ones raising the most noise about vaccine passports. I, for one, love the idea, because it means I and the rest of the vaccinated can get back to normal life. I had to present my vaccination records to attend school (childhood vaccinations are mandatory in Mississippi) and an updated record to attend college; this really isn't that much different on a conceptual level.

Nubs70

Far as I know it’s perfectly legal. The law is surrounding mandates made by local governments, not businesses.
It is legal to require vaccines as a condition of employment, as is the case for flu vaccine. This has been litigated. However, I do not know if the question of an EUA classified vaccine has been litigated.

Reactions: CJR

castlecake2.0

I get that everyone has different tolerance levels, but I don’t think I’d cancel a trip over this. Not that I want to wear a mask forever, but it’s become so “normal” I don’t mind putting one on to go inside. I’m not saying anyone’s wrong and I support your decision for your comfort level. Saying all that I’m SUPER annoyed we’ve come back to this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I told you all people were cancelling. Even some on here are too. This change has triggered it whatever the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom