News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnygrl86

For a new member, I would think you might enjoy exploring the site, but it looks like you’ve just been in this one thread all day spreading a whole truckload of dangerous misinformation, which seems like a very strange way to start your WDW Magic membership.
I’m not a new member. I’ve been one for ages but this is the most active I’ve been. Again, I’m also finding research done by private professional medical sources that are not funded by outside sources so I don’t see how that makes what I’m saying any less credible. I cited fda and cdc articles and am still being told my information is false.

KrzyKtty

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

CircusPeanuts

I wasn’t screaming at anyone. I just think it’s crazy how people with a different opinion who have also done research with finding not funded by an outside source and also by medical professionals are trashed as irrelevant and less applicable than theirs.

A “different opinion” is saying you think WDW shouldn’t re-implement mask requirements. What you are doing is actively posting anti-vax misinformation that can be easily fact checked. You may not want to get past this and go back to normal by getting your shot - the rest of us do.

Chomama

A “different opinion” is saying you think WDW shouldn’t re-implement mask requirements. What you are doing is actively posting anti-vax misinformation that can be easily fact checked. You may not want to get past this and go back to normal by getting your shot - the rest of us do.
I tried …

dsnygrl86

I cited cdc and fda and that’s false? After I say google the tests that were recalled…crickets on that. Because it wasn’t misinformation. And I cannot get the shot because of my health.

BuddyThomas

I’m not a new member. I’ve been one for ages but this is the most active I’ve been. Again, I’m also finding research done by private professional medical sources that are not funded by outside sources so I don’t see how that makes what I’m saying any less credible. I cited fda and cdc articles and am still being told my information is false.
Sure thing.

dsnygrl86

The level of hypocrisy is insane. I can’t get the vaccine because of medical reasons so I wear my mask when I go out. But vaccinated people won’t wear theirs even when the cdc is saying they should because they feel they are entitled to do so. You can still spread the virus and people out there can truly cannot get the vaccine, so why do people feel they can jeopardize the health of those people when I’m sure they were the same ones saying everyone needed to mask just a few months ago and getting mad at those who didn’t? That says all I need to know about this situation.

dsnygrl86

Stay home if you are scared. It is so simple, why don't people do this and let the rest of us enjoy life?
I’m not scared and I honestly don’t care if people wear them or not. It was more How people want to push a vaccine and argue why but then want to say the won’t wear a mask anymore. So the fact that they are chastising people using their “science” but ignoring the other part. It was more trying to argue with their logic back because they are cherry picking what they want to follow.

BaconPancakes

Back on topic, I’ll be there in 10 days so I’m praying masks will stay optional. I’m not wearing one unless it’s 100% required. I’m not here to play the anti vaxxers childish game of if they don’t have to why do I have to…

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Trials is the key word and trials don’t really matter when you’re dealing with a new virus. What works for something may or may not work for something else. Just because milk works for instant pudding doesn’t mean it will work for this jello. Great, the actual outline of mRNA works, but fill it with a new virus that hasn’t been tested that much doesn’t mean it’s going to behave the same way…especially with the variants.

Still haven't seen your answer to this. I may be mis-interpreting what you wrote, but it sounds to me like you don't understand how mRNA vaccines work.

ParentsOf4

Do what you want, wear a mask or two. Get vaccinated ever month. You'll be protected.

But thousands have died (per the CDC) after getting the shot. I have the luxury of waiting until longer term studies are done on this vaccine. I'm not going to put me and my family at unnecessary risk to help you overcome your irrational fears.

Please provide a link to any CDC study showing "thousands" of vaccine-related deaths. Facebook memes don't count, just to be clear.
Quoting from the CDC website:
  • Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
As emphasized by the CDC, these 6,207 deaths "do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines."

@fractal's statement "But thousands have died (per the CDC) after getting the shot" is technically correct although it lacks context.

Note that @fractal did not explicitly state these are "vaccine-related deaths", although when he wrote "I'm not going to put me and my family at unnecessary risk", this could be implied.

GimpYancIent

The masks have been irrelevant to me in going to WDW. Some people are actually easier on the eyes with masks on. My gauge for future planning are will there be stage shows, interactive meet and greets, character dining and parades. The fireworks are back and that is good for a start. The mask thing has not bothered me. The social distancing things has proven to be a joke.

BaconPancakes

The masks have been irrelevant to me in going to WDW. Some people are actually easier on the eyes with masks on. My gauge for future planning are will there be stage shows, interactive meet and greets, character dining and parades. The fireworks are back and that is good for a start. The mask thing has not bothered me. The social distancing things has proven to be a joke.
I’ll be more po’ed if they bring back the awful plexiglass.

KrzyKtty

It is good advice. For everyone. Never think that strangers owe you something. People have gotten so entitled. I am not required to be as irrationally scared over this as others are. No one is.

Never said I planned it. It has to do with taxes because our politicians are trying to pull this silly mask mandate again. The woke mob will keep pushing this. Fear is a bad thing, and that's fine if someone wants to stay in their basement and curl up in a ball, but it is holding the rest of us back from living our lives as we see fit, and that isn't fair.
You are entering the realm of politics that the moderators are constantly stating are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom