News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armerius

just gonna leave this here for those who doesnt want the vaccine.

Chip Chipperson

Vaccination is NOT the only way to get immunized. In the last few months there has been at least three studies from major universities that prove natural immunization is robust, long-lasting and may even protect more than from "vaccination".

My family of 5 recovered from COVID last year - since then we have been to WDW, Nashville Tenn, my oldest daughter and my wife traveled across country by car stopping in St.Louis, Kansas City, Denver, and LA.
We have flown to the Tampa area twice. My daughter finished at year at Clemson university. My son has traveled and attended concerts. We have been going out to eat, going to bars, having family gatherings, regularly attending Church. Not one of us has gotten even sick in over a year since we had COVID.

My cousin and her family of 5 - same thing plus They traveled internationally twice. I know at least 2 dozen other people that fit this profile. No reinfections.

This is the first pandemic that we seem to be ignoring natural immunity - especially in the US. Over half the US population is naturally immunized. I have little patience for those that want to somehow throw some sort of blame or guilt towards me and my family because we aren't VAXXED. It's ignorant, insulting and dangerous.

And for the record - I did have my 85 year old mother get the vaccine because of her age and risk profile.

1. Why did you put "vaccination" in quotes as if it's not a real thing?

2. Where are you getting your figures that more than half the nation is naturally immunized? There have been approximately 35.3 million confirmed cases. There are way more than 70 million people in this country - somewhere in the area of 330 million, in fact. So the confirmed cases are around 10.7% of the population. There would need to be a massive number of people who either had false negatives or didn't get tested when they had it for your "over half" claim to be true - around 95 million missed cases.

fractal

The same stats apply to naturally immunized. The people that are dying are first time infections and once again elderly and with pre-existing conditions. Nearly 80% of deaths are those who are morbidly obese.

dsnygrl86

Our delta spread just started so our hospitalizations have not been around long enough to say any accurate picture. The report on Italy accounts for all cases back to February. The vaccine had only been around for a little while, was limited to certain groups, and I believe they at one point paused one vaccination due to blood clot concerns.

doctornick

I'm on the flip side of this, I have an upcoming reservation. If they don't go back to indoor masks I'm rescheduling. I suspect just as many people feel the way I do as feel the way you do. I don't think it's reasonable to assume the presence r absence of a new mask mandate is going to kil attendance. I bet Disney marketing department has a good idea but ardent antivax anti mask people are assuming everyone agrees with them. This is one of the problems with modern media, all we listen to are people who agree with us.
I think more people will cancel if required to wear masks (indoors) than would cancel or suddenly book if a new indoor mask policy starts. That said, the number in each group would be an exceedingly small number of total guests. Most people will just comply with whatever rule. The vast majority of the country doesn’t feel as strongly as the disproportionate number of loud voices on the internet.

Just4Pics

I'll just put this out there. The CDC recommends you never eat raw seafood or steak cooked less than medium well:
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.23.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.25.00 PM.png

So if you've ever had sushi or rare steak (BOTH OF WHICH DISNEY SELLS) then you were in violation of CDC guidelines.

It's important to remember that CDC guidelines are not meant as reasonable advice for normal people. They are the most risk adverse positions you can take in any situation.

dsnygrl86

Well I can’t get it due to having a history of blood clots from birth control and that’s not political. So I should choose to risk my health instead of taking the risk I may naturally contract a virus? I’d rather get sick by chance than by choice. You realize a lot of other illnesses could be prevented by what’s in our food, yet the same people in charge of that are the same in charge of tbis pandemic and all of a sudden they care about everyone’s health?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip Chipperson

So what are we vaccinating for if a country with a high rate of vaccination and mitigation is still having that crazy of a spread and hospitalization among the vaccinated?

Because the vast majority of people who get the virus after being vaccinated don't end up in the hospital and actually have either very mild or no symptoms at all. Look at the outbreak the Yankees had earlier in the season. Their 3rd base coach was vaccinated and tested positive. He had symptoms and spread the virus to 8 other members of the organization but not a single other person who also tested positive experienced any symptoms because they were all vaccinated, too.

According to an epidemiologist, without the vaccine (the team got the J&J vaccine, by the way) you would have expected 24 people among the 60-person travel party to have contracted the virus. Instead, only 9 got it and only the first one had any symptoms. That works out to a 63% success rate which is just about in line with the stated efficacy of the J&J vaccine.

Also, I'm not sure where you're seeing a "crazy" amount of spread and hospitalization among the vaccinated. The vast majority of positive cases and hospitalizations in the US are among the unvaccinated. Other countries using less-effective vaccines may see higher numbers among the vaccinated than we are here, but you won't find any reliable source claiming that the vaccines are failing at rates that would be considered "crazy" when compared to the stated efficacy of each vaccine.

Officials presented new data Monday showing of nearly 32,000 patients in New Jersey hospitalized with positive COVID-19 cases between Jan. 19 and July 12, more than 99% were unvaccinated.

BaconPancakes

Well I can’t get it due to having a history of blood clots from birth control and that’s not political. So I should choose to risk my health instead of taking the risk I may naturally contract a virus? I’d rather get sick by chance than by choice. You realize a lot of other illnesses could be prevented by what’s in our food, yet the same people in charge of that are the same in charge of tbis pandemic and all of a sudden they care about everyone’s health?
I wasn’t talking about people who are unable to get it for health reasons.

Chomama

So sorry. Are you in the uk? AZ has a slight increase
Risk for blood clots from
What I have read. Obviously it would be great if you could get your hands on Pfizer or moderna, which don’t have the risk of clots. That stinks

Vinnie Mac

So I really doubt you know "A LOT" of people that died. Lets not exaggerate.

I wouldn't consider that an exaggeration. When COVID hit Detroit, Michigan back in early 2020, it hit BAD. The friends and family of people I knew died, people that my parents went to school with died (people who are really only in their 40's). It was bad. Very very bad. Denying the severity of something like this is almost like denying the fact that the Titanic sunk. Just as stupid.

KrzyKtty

I don't think Disney wants to be in the business of public health policy, so they have lined up with (or hid behind) CDC guidelines thus far. Asking for vaccine passports is a no go anyway in Florida, so once the CDC said that vaccinated individuals don't need to wear masks they either had to go to the honor system or be on the island alone with the mask requirements. Now they can similarly cut small numbers of guests by asking for indoor masking and reassure some of the others who were thinking about cancelling anyway. I think given this level of spread there are some cancellations lurking on either side of this equation. They'll still have way more people there and making more money than a few months ago whether they make a change now or not.

If they were to go against the guidelines they've followed thus far and had a large cluster of infections, that would be a tough headline. Follow the feds and "you did the best you could do".

Now as the people refusing or challenging masking at Disney, it takes one or two articles about people being banned for life due to cast member confrontations to end that practice.
The one to watch will be Universal. They have followed CDC thus far, but they were pretty quick to go against the local Mayor's plea. I am curious which way they will swing here.

danv3

How soon? Like tomorrow? I mean, if you're worried about this, it doesn't seem like this is something that can wait, right?

BaconPancakes

Do what you want, wear a mask or two. Get vaccinated ever month. You'll be protected.

But thousands have died (per the CDC) after getting the shot. I have the luxury of waiting until longer term studies are done on this vaccine. I'm not going to put me and my family at unnecessary risk to help you overcome your irrational fears.

I won’t be masking unless absolutely required. I’m vaccinated and trust science.

dsnygrl86

So sorry. Are you in the uk? AZ has a slight increase
Risk for blood clots from
What I have read. Obviously it would be great if you could get your hands on Pfizer or moderna, which don’t have the risk of clots. That stinks
Isn’t Pfizer the one nearly all of Israel took and they were all getting infected? And now they are saying it is only 40% effective. My mother took moderna and ended up in the hospital so I’m good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom