News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

It's funny how the pendulum swings, isn't it?
We went from one side saying the we need to follow the CDC and follow the science... to people now twisting their words in order to claim their freedom is being taken away.
I appreciate the extra freedom we’ve been given. But for some, it seems nothing will be enough until there are zero restrictions. If that is a person’s viewpoint, don’t go to WDW this year.

Nickp1983

I appreciate the extra freedom we’ve been given. But for some, it seems nothing will be enough until there are zero restrictions. If that is a person’s viewpoint, don’t go to WDW this year.
I see it on both sides. One side that seems to want every restriction and the other who wants none. Whereas the majority seem to be pretty happy with where disney is since the announcement last week removing outdoor masks (which seems to always have been the biggest complaint when it comes to masks).

G00fyDad

I am in that boat. I prefer to wait until the mask mandate is completely removed but that is more for a comfort issue than anything else. I wear one all day every day at work so I'd rather not have to do so while on vacation in Disney.

Last edited:

FormerMember

Disney will certainly not be removing indoor masks in June. C’mon. And the CDC certainly did not suggest that is safe. Don’t twist their words. How many kids under 12 do you think come to WDW on a given day?

Be thankful they gave us this. It was expedited and I’m unaware of any further changes in the works. The focus now is reducing distancing, which is a large task.
What makes you so sure of this? By June, Disney will be one of only, like 1% of places with a mask rule.

Nickp1983

Hey kids... get along... or

Attachments

• JcuVZR.gif
    JcuVZR.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 42

The Mom

Premium Member
Hey kids... get along... or
Exactly. Bickering is not allowed.

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

007mickey

I don't know what you are talking about. Just use the people in your party to occupy 2 or 3 of the line designations. 2 people per line on the ground, side-by-side; the group occupies three lines on the ground. Or 3 people per line on the ground bunched up; the group occupies two lines on the ground. Spacing out is easy; so is the math.
Thanks for the unnecessary "math" lesson but we like to talk to each other while waiting in line (next attraction to ride, what sounds good for lunch, anybody want to go back and swim, etc.) and shouting through masks 6 to 12 feet is not real ideal, especially if considering others around you.

correcaminos

I bet (I know nothing mind you) that by mid June (if things keep rocking on like they are) masks are optional altogether. That will be 4 weeks from the outside optional just implemented, CDC says its okay now, OC should be at least a week or two dropped, more stuff open in the parks and Bobby needs his $1.2B back. The bigger point being that capacity will be wide open and a few weeks ahead of the 4th to test drive full capacity. And, Disney is not afraid to turn things on a dime. There is no way they ease anyone into this. That is setting them up as telegraphing doubt in their decision. They follow the mandates and stand behind the CDC and local official's guidance. They are a loaded spring waiting to get things out of the red.
I'd be surprised, but not aghast or shocked. I have long stopped betting on when things would happen. Not denying your points are not valid. I just have a gut feeling that could be wrong. I'd personally guess later but hey, glad to be wrong. I thought Disney would need a week or so, not hours to drop the outdoor mask.

I do think if Disney is planning to drop indoors they'd be wise to announce further in advance. Outdoors obviously causes issues for some even if science is pretty clear. Indoors is a whole other issue for some.

Jlwise2021

1% is a huge exaggeration. WDW won't be the only one requiring guests to wear masks indoors by June.
I would have been surprised by this too, but I just read an article of an interview with Scott Gottlieb who said he thought all masks mandates would be gone by June. He actually said in one to two weeks because the case count would be so low and the vaccines are so successful.

GaBoy

I was just saying first and foremost, especially now (insert Chapek grinning) this is a business. First responsibility of business... protect the shareholders. Everyone suprised that they sprang this upon guests overnight? Capacity increases are first and foremost... I agree. Pressure mounts to lift all restrictions once OC greenlights this and all other parks get on board? I would think so. But I'm probably wrong.

Edited: also just occurred that from a labor shortage standpoint, eliminating hall monitors would free up manpower to open more revenue generation that is closed now or handle the increased capacity of what is already running at half speed. Maybe?

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
I'd be surprised, but not aghast or shocked. I have long stopped betting on when things would happen. Not denying your points are not valid. I just have a gut feeling that could be wrong. I'd personally guess later but hey, glad to be wrong. I thought Disney would need a week or so, not hours to drop the outdoor mask.

I do think if Disney is planning to drop indoors they'd be wise to announce further in advance. Outdoors obviously causes issues for some even if science is pretty clear. Indoors is a whole other issue for some.
I think people going to WDW should be forewarned by what happed with the outdoor masks. COVID protocols by their very nature are temporary and will be changed with changing circumstances, and if any particular protocol mattered to me I wouldn't plan a visit assuming that it would stay in place. Just to be safe, if I were Disney, I would update the COVID warnings to state that protocols could change without notice.

GaBoy

I think they are making a mistake, there are way too many idiots in the world. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Maybe. Trends aren't looking that way. All about the money. People at the top making these decisions will be happy to push it down to the CM level to let them deal with the temporary fire storm if any of that materializes. I think that a sudden announcement telegraphed the next announcement and they would rather drop it and deal with the minor blow ups.

The Lochness Monsta

Maybe. Trends aren't looking that way. All about the money. People at the top making these decisions will be happy to push it down to the CM level to let them deal with the temporary fire storm if any of that materializes. I think that a sudden announcement telegraphed the next announcement and they would rather drop it and deal with the minor blow ups.

We have to be careful, we don't want another epidemic like India's.

Roy G. Dis

What is it about removing the requirement of wearing a mask indoors that would be "all about the money"? Are you saying that millions of households are waiting until they don't have to wear a mask at all to give Disney their money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom