News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdearl41

In my opinion, no one needs to explain or justify not wanting to go to WDW until all mask requirements are dropped. It's an expensive vacation that requires a great deal of planning; I'm sure Disney has a very good idea of how many are putting off vacations until everything (or almost everything) gets back to normal. My hair stylist and her family were planning their first trip in 2020 (canceled) and they have absolutely no desire to reschedule while masks are required.
I’m in this group too. It’s not worth 5 grand to wear a mask all week. I’ve gotten to do that for the past year at work. I think one thing those who work at home don’t realize about masks. For and hour or two they’re not bad. But for 9-10 hours a day it’s exhausting

CosmicRays

I'm really looking forward to research studies that will be released I'm 5 to 7 years time about masks. I still think what the CdC did has more to do with removing a method of protection that in reality didn't offer much protection.. in order to influence people to get a vaccine that actually offers real protection.

Just my take...
The CDC would be crushed like a bug if info like that came to life. Imagine the amount of people who would jump on the non science bandwagon.

CosmicRays

What is it about removing the requirement of wearing a mask indoors that would be "all about the money"? Are you saying that millions of households are waiting until they don't have to wear a mask at all to give Disney their money?
I actually think there are quite a few who will go once its lifted. I know some people personally that have told me so.

CosmicRays

Lots of people getting excited about governments allowing vaccinated people to do x,y,z.... whereas Desantis won't allow Disney to figure out who is vaccinated or not and act accordingly.
Not that I am defending Desantis, but I think it might be too much of a challenge to allow businesses to check for peoples health history.

Wendy Pleakley

Not that I am defending Desantis, but I think it might be too much of a challenge to allow businesses to check for peoples health history.

Yeah, some people have floated ideas like wristbands at WDW for vaccinations but it's really not feasible to do that for tens of thousands of guests every day.

This is why masks are simply optional for everyone outdoors, and mandatory for everyone indoors, for the moment.

Chip Chipperson

Concerts and sporting events can do it so it shouldn't be too hard for a company the size of Disney to do it - IF they even want to ( I suspect they don't if for no other reason than the blowback from some of their customers).

Epcotbob

Lots of people getting excited about governments allowing vaccinated people to do x,y,z.... whereas Desantis won't allow Disney to figure out who is vaccinated or not and act accordingly.

As far as I can tell, none of the other States "allowing vaccinated to do xyz" are providing any way for businesses to verify who is vaccinated or not, so I don't think its much different anywhere else.

CosmicRays

Concerts and sporting events can do it so it shouldn't be too hard for a company the size of Disney to do it - IF they even want to ( I suspect they don't if for no other reason than the blowback from some of their customers).
I just think logistically its much more a nightmare for a park the size of Disney. Upwards of 80k plus employees and millions of guest walking through the turnstiles. I think its just easier for a concert venue because of the number of individuals is smaller.

legwand77

Not many are and the ones doing it won't be doing it for long.

Lilofan

If we are now doing the honor system they should leave cash registers open at the stores.

"I'll take my exact change. I promise."
Back in the day when I worked in a warehouse the lunch truck mobile came everyday. The owner operator even trusted us for us to keep a running tab so some paid him on payday , Friday.

robhedin

While several announcements have been made in the past (like the Buffalo Bills requiring such passports), with the current CDC guidance there's no guarantee that's going to still hold going forward. With many stadiums already opening up for full capacity and many of them maskless now, I think it's a valid question if the venues are going to want to go to the added expense, especially for games and concerts that will be occurring months from now. (assuming, of course, things remain on the current trajectory).

legwand77

While several announcements have been made in the past (like the Buffalo Bills requiring such passports), with the current CDC guidance there's no guarantee that's going to still hold going forward. With many stadiums already opening up for full capacity and many of them maskless now, I think it's a valid question if the venues are going to want to go to the added expense, especially for games and concerts that will be occurring months from now. (assuming, of course, things remain on the current trajectory).
Bills was nothing more than the Buffalo mayor yapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom