News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaBoy

What is it about removing the requirement of wearing a mask indoors that would be "all about the money"? Are you saying that millions of households are waiting until they don't have to wear a mask at all to give Disney their money?
Full capacity with 80% for starters. Can get rid of staff dedicated to monitoring. Move them to handle increased capacity. Like I said, I'm probably wrong. Who knows.

Also... just saying there has to be a cost and resource allocation to deal with the outdoor to indoor transitions.

Last edited:

correcaminos

What is it about removing the requirement of wearing a mask indoors that would be "all about the money"? Are you saying that millions of households are waiting until they don't have to wear a mask at all to give Disney their money?
Millions? Not sure it's that high, but some are far sure. I actually have a friend seriously say this to me. It's a combination of lots of things but the masks just make it intolerable. Personally I was wishing for masks to drop for my trip outdoors. I so didn't want to deal with it. My desire to vacation won (and those in my family wanted to go to). I'm not anti-mask at all either, but outdoors really isn't fun or necessary so I wanted it gone to make me feel more comfortable.

Chi84

Premium Member
Millions? Not sure it's that high, but some are far sure. I actually have a friend seriously say this to me. It's a combination of lots of things but the masks just make it intolerable. Personally I was wishing for masks to drop for my trip outdoors. I so didn't want to deal with it. My desire to vacation won (and those in my family wanted to go to). I'm not anti-mask at all either, but outdoors really isn't fun or necessary so I wanted it gone to make me feel more comfortable.
In my opinion, no one needs to explain or justify not wanting to go to WDW until all mask requirements are dropped. It's an expensive vacation that requires a great deal of planning; I'm sure Disney has a very good idea of how many are putting off vacations until everything (or almost everything) gets back to normal. My hair stylist and her family were planning their first trip in 2020 (canceled) and they have absolutely no desire to reschedule while masks are required.

disneygeek90

Full capacity with 80% for starters. Can get rid of staff dedicated to monitoring. Move them to handle increased capacity. Like I said, I'm probably wrong. Who knows.

Also... just saying there has to be a cost and resource allocation to deal with the outdoor to indoor transitions.
There's really no more staff dedicated to monitoring. CM's at the front of attractions have always existed to answer questions.

The only CM's left that I can recall are the ones keeping capacity limits outside stores. I don't know if we've heard any status quo changes on that.

Parker in NYC

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WDW will have masks lifted indoors by June, I'm sure of it.

Chi84

Premium Member
There's really no more staff dedicated to monitoring. CM's at the front of attractions have always existed to answer questions.

The only CM's left that I can recall are the ones keeping capacity limits outside stores. I don't know if we've heard any status quo changes on that.
That's what we observed recently. The only exception was at Blizzard Beach - CMs were stationed in front of the restrooms making sure people had masks before entering.

GaBoy

Yeah. Was thinking they will do more with less is all... as they ramp up capacity. You know move one from front to back loading. Also I have a gut that they are working real hard to get out of the COVID restriction business. Just saw NY tapped out.

Last edited:

seascape

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WDW will have masks lifted indoors by June, I'm sure of it.

That is great news for New York. It also shows how much of follower NJ is. We have less than half the cases per 100,000 than NY but we never lead. Hopefully Governor Murphy will make the announcement today.

disneygeek90

Yeah. Was thinking they will do more with less is all... as they ramp up capacity. You know move one from front to back loading. Also I have a gut that they are working real hard to get out of the COVID restriction business. Just saw NY tapped out.
Wouldn't really call this a "tap out."

"Social distancing remains a requirement for venues where non-vaccinated people are in attendance. That will inherently limit capacity even when most percentage-capacity restrictions lift across the state in less than 48 hours. A number of pro sports teams, including the Yankees, Mets and Islanders, have, in partnership with the state, debuted vaccinated-only fan sections to limit that social distancing cap."

GaBoy

Wouldn't really call this a "tap out."

"Social distancing remains a requirement for venues where non-vaccinated people are in attendance. That will inherently limit capacity even when most percentage-capacity restrictions lift across the state in less than 48 hours. A number of pro sports teams, including the Yankees, Mets and Islanders, have, in partnership with the state, debuted vaccinated-only fan sections to limit that social distancing cap."
Yes. Just a cute word I used. That's all. Only signaling that it is a major shift. Especially for a northeastern state.... heavily restricted.

disneygeek90

Yes. Just a cute word I used. That's all. Only signaling that it is a major shift. Especially for a northeastern state.... heavily restricted.
When the CDC and White House says vaccinated people don't need to wear masks, state officials have their hands tied. Now, how to determine who is vs isn't is anyone's guess, I suppose the honor system, but they can't keep all these restrictions when half the country did what was recommended.

Disney probably doesn't want to rely on an honor system.

Jlwise2021

I don’t think vaccine passports or not matter at this point. We are in checkmate with the virus, and things are going very well between vaccines and natural infections. Cases and deaths are way down, and many experts predict an end to Covid mandates very soon. As Gottlieb stated, “it’s time to move to a personal risk assessment.”
Lots of people getting excited about governments allowing vaccinated people to do x,y,z.... whereas Desantis won't allow Disney to figure out who is vaccinated or not and act accordingly.

Chip Chipperson

That is great news for New York. It also shows how much of follower NJ is. We have less than half the cases per 100,000 than NY but we never lead. Hopefully Governor Murphy will make the announcement today.

I don't think Murphy will make that announcement today. He just said last week that he thinks "we're a matter of weeks" away from that assuming that vaccination levels and cases keep trending in the right direction. He also said that with no way to determine who is or isn't vaccinated, he doesn't want to put the burden on store employees, etc. to try to distinguish between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Of course, if he does make that announcement today it wouldn't be the first time he said one thing and then changed his mind during this pandemic.

correcaminos

In my opinion, no one needs to explain or justify not wanting to go to WDW until all mask requirements are dropped. It's an expensive vacation that requires a great deal of planning; I'm sure Disney has a very good idea of how many are putting off vacations until everything (or almost everything) gets back to normal. My hair stylist and her family were planning their first trip in 2020 (canceled) and they have absolutely no desire to reschedule while masks are required.
Very true! I actually made sure about 10x over that my friend joining us really wanted to come. He was supposed to come last June but we all know what happened. Some are willing and some are not. Neither is wrong.

GaBoy

Lots of people getting excited about governments allowing vaccinated people to do x,y,z.... whereas Desantis won't allow Disney to figure out who is vaccinated or not and act accordingly.
I actually think it is exactly what they want. Its extra manpower ( 💰 ) to police this. Easier to rely on the guidance (hide behind it possibly) and just lift restrictions and point to the CDC and Whitehouse (eventually OC) to say "its was them". Meanwhile they get back to business as usual. I don't mean to be cold but at the top it kind of is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom