News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisMickey

I agree with the CDC decision and it makes sense for those vaccinated. Where my issue is comes with those not vaccinated. They are supposed to still be wearing masks. Now it feels like it's turned into no masks for everyone. It's why I like what the California parks are doing in requiring proof of vaccination for those over 12. I wish all parks had to guts to go that route.
Agreed. Some of the rhetoric coming from the anti-vaccers has been ridiculous. I would have no problem being asked to show proof that I’m vaccinated. I actually took a picture of my vaccination card this morning before going to Publix just in case lol.

JIMINYCR

At the parks now and just entered EP. CM’s are stationed before the body scanners and park entry telling guests that they don’t need to wear masks outside but do have to put them on when entering shops or attractions. I’m already seeing many guests not wearing masks but still others wearing them. DW and I are choosing to remain masked. I saw a woman with a large pin on her shirt saying “I’m vaccinated.”

disneygeek90

Wonder if the announcements are gone today….
I think if they don’t already they’ll have new ones in place soon talking about masks being in queues. Should help the confusion that some in here think it will make too.

Glad to see the pics of everyone complying in queues. 3ft is already incredibly close so don’t be surprised if people naturally leave a little more space than that. I have no WDW reservation today, but I’ll probably be hitting up universal shortly to see how it is.

ParentsOf4

Outside line for Navi River Journey. Mostly wearing masks. A few here and there not.

Cast Members are directing Guests to put on masks as they enter the line, whether indoors or outdoors. (Per Disney’s latest rules.)

So far, everyone has been wearing a mask indoors.

1052237C-0555-4D78-8402-6E2EB47F7833.jpeg

RSoxNo1

I'm anti mask. I'm being honest. I'm going in late June and am still going to gladly wear my mask in queues. Have you smelled some of these ripe dudes at 4:30pm after being in the parks for 6+ hours in the 95 degree heat? Seriously, Disney should encourage the masks until Axe Body Spray starts sponsoring misting stations throughout the parks! (MY IDEA! PATENT PENDING!)
This amused me.

correcaminos

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Outside line for Navi River Journey. Mostly wearing masks. A few here and there not.

Cast Members are directing Guests to put on masks as they enter the line, whether indoors or outdoors. (Per Disney’s latest rules.)

So far, everyone has been wearing a mask indoors.

View attachment 557660
Seems a little inconsistent with other reporting with what is happening today in the parks. I suspect this won’t last long tho. Masks that is

LoonyMouse

I agree with the CDC decision and it makes sense for those vaccinated. Where my issue is comes with those not vaccinated. They are supposed to still be wearing masks. Now it feels like it's turned into no masks for everyone. It's why I like what the California parks are doing in requiring proof of vaccination for those over 12. I wish all parks had to guts to go that route.
I think the CDC's decision takes both vaccinated and unvaccinated people into consideration. For example, the science has shown for some time that being outdoors without a mask on (whether vaccinated or not) had a very minimal risk of infection. Nothing has changed with the science there, just the CDC now admitting it in its policy change. The CDC took it a step further and said those that are vaccinated also no longer need to mask indoors (with some exceptions.) Disney's new policy takes both of these into account. Outdoor spaces can be mask-free whether vaccinated or not. Just like the science backs up. But indoor spaces require masks (even if vaccinated) because Disney can't/won't differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

disneygeek90

Seems a little inconsistent with other reporting with what is happening today in the parks. I suspect this won’t last long tho. Masks that is
It seems in line with all the other reports I’ve seen. Limit expectations with how long masks inside will last. I’m sure we didn’t think in July 2020 we’d only be getting to masks outside in May 2021

disneygeek90

I can feel a certain energy in this thread of some who are not so quietly hoping that WDW guests ignore the "masks indoor" policy so that their wish of never having to wear a mask again is fulfilled. I hope they are disappointed.
There were many that said they couldn’t ask guests to wear them all day in the summer last year either. They did. I don’t see a reduction in indoor masks until cases are considerably under control.

JD80

I can feel a certain energy in this thread of some who are not so quietly hoping that WDW guests ignore the "masks indoor" policy so that their wish of never having to wear a mask again is fulfilled. I hope they are disappointed.

Too many people have been proven to be selfish during this pandemic. Wearing masks, being courteous, caring for your neighbor etc. God knows what would happen if WW2 was going now and Minnie Mouse was telling housewives to save their fat drippings to help the war effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom