News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We'll be there in less than two weeks.

We bought the photo session thing at Animal Kingdom. I'm totally going to request the photographer to take one photo when we are wearing masks outside. To me, that image will be something to remind us years down the road about the time we lived in. Then of course, we'll do the same pose without.
What photo session thing? Link?

Rich Brownn

I'm just saying as so many people have tested positive which seems to be the equivalent of having COVID. The purpose of the vaccine is to enable the body to produce antibodies which those that have had COVID already have. In the interests of accuracy these people should be considered the same as those who are vaccinated. I agree no one is checking vaccine cards - YET. When the word is 'get vaccinated or you must wear a mask' then we need to be more specific. When some schools are insisting children be vaccinated to return to in-person school I worry that the ones who have tested positive and recovered will have to face getting a vaccine that to a recovered person may be more dangerous than COVID. I agree punishing children does not win elections but fear there are many who do not care.
You've got it backwards. Data shows that for people who have already had COVID the vaccine provides a stronger, longer protection than just what you got from the disease. There is literally -zero- evidence the vaccine is more dangerous for people who have had COVID.. Its the opposite. Its why the CDC and immunologists recommend the vaccine even if you've had it.

ElvisMickey

Obviously not Disney related but just got back from Publix and about 85% of the people in the store were still wearing masks. I also noticed that they didn’t take their sign down on the front door saying masks required. Could be an oversight, or not.

wishiwere@wdw

Yeah well Sea World mistreats its animals so let's not use them as a benchmark yeah?
You touched a nerve... A nerve that hits me personally because you’re so wrong and it is a complete disrespect for the ambassador’s that not only care for these amazing animals but but also save, rehabilitate and release. Posts like this aren’t necessary; especially on a Disney forum. And yes, I’m rather familiar with the operation and know what I’m talking about.

You can have your personal views on what should be done with animals in captivity but do NOT claim or insinuate these animals are being mishandled or mistreated in any way. Because they aren’t.

ElvisMickey

I appreciate the kind conversation from all! I started to quote but realized it would be like all posts!

The ones I feel for today are the ones who planned a vacation thinking masks would be everywhere and then suddenly not. As I said we all generally need time to adjust. As an overly anxious person I can sympathize with that. Of course if your health is really bad, then maybe big public gatherings aren't for you. Those with just increased risk and uncomfortable, well this is tough.

A public health crisis shouldn't be about personal responsibility only though. It really is about thinking about the community as a whole. We severely lacked that this whole pandemic from some. Even now the vocal "I don't need to vaccinate because I am not at risk" actually bugs me as this is how vaccines should never be viewed. We should be wanting to help more than just ourselves.

Again I'm totally comfortable with the changes. If I were a parent who had planned and my kid couldn't have one shot, well, I see why they aren't thrilled. But at the same time I totally follow science. Outdoors is not a risk, or teeny tiny. If you are worried, try to work through it, mask the whole time and make sure your mask is well filtered. I respect a whole range od mentalities right now.
The key is to be able to have a rational conversation about it, which many are not able to do. Saw someone post on Twitter this morning, “Anyone cheering the new mask rule is obviously a Republican.” That’s the kind of crap that’s gotten us to the point where we’re at with the bickering and arguing. Try doing some research, use your brain and NOT being an *ss.

Last edited:

correcaminos

The key is to be able to have a rational conversation about it, which many are not able to do. Saw someone post on Twitter this morning, “Anyone cheering the new mask rule is obviously a Republican.” That’s the kind of crap that’s got us to the point where we’re at with the bickering and arguing. Try doing some research, use your brain and NOT being an *ss.
Shoot, I've gotten it here. Just because I'm cool with vaccinated people being good to go and saying outdoor masks are not needed really. I'm 100% not a Republican. How this was politicized so much disgusts me.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
If everyone followed the new masking rules without reminding it could work fine, but different rules here and there will create confusion and even well-intended people will forget to put on a mask entering transportation, indoors, attractions, etc. Good luck, cast members! Also, it'll be "great" when more people walk in places pretending to not here pleading CMs at entrances.

CJR

@wdwmagic Not sure if this has been looked into, but what is the status of the relaxation stations?

They seem a bit redundant now, although the air conditioned locations might be appreciated still.

ElvisMickey

Couldn’t agree more. I tend to fall in the middle when it comes to politics so my choices and decisions are not made from a political standpoint. Kind of helps you look more objectively at things. I wore my mask when I needed to, got vaccinated and totally stand behind the CDC’s decision. Hard for some to fathom…

Jrb1979

Couldn’t agree more. I tend to fall in the middle when it comes to politics so my choices and decisions are not made from a political standpoint. Kind of helps you look more objectively at things. I wore my mask when I needed to, got vaccinated and totally stand behind the CDC’s decision. Hard for some to fathom…
I agree with the CDC decision and it makes sense for those vaccinated. Where my issue is comes with those not vaccinated. They are supposed to still be wearing masks. Now it feels like it's turned into no masks for everyone. It's why I like what the California parks are doing in requiring proof of vaccination for those over 12. I wish all parks had to guts to go that route.

Epcotbob

You've got it backwards. Data shows that for people who have already had COVID the vaccine provides a stronger, longer protection than just what you got from the disease. There is literally -zero- evidence the vaccine is more dangerous for people who have had COVID.. Its the opposite. Its why the CDC and immunologists recommend the vaccine even if you've had it.
Actually they don’t have enough data to conclude that the vaccine is better than natural antibodies. They have “some” studies that suggest that, but even those were only marginally better. A recent UCSF study article could only answer “probably” to that question since there is not conclusive proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom