News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Too many people have been proven to be selfish during this pandemic. Wearing masks, being courteous, caring for your neighbor etc. God knows what would happen if WW2 was going now and Minnie Mouse was telling housewives to save their fat drippings to help the war effort.
Fat drippings? That sounds like what happens when we overeat at Ohana and then hit the parks in august

ParentsOf4

I asked a Cast Member about outdoor areas at a restaurant. Said these are considered restaurant areas and have to follow those rules. Not considered outdoor common areas. This means masks unless actively eating or drinking.

At Satu’li Canteen:

1FE813B6-9F39-47C6-8C8A-19791766A787.jpeg
9C1BF21E-F2B9-456C-93FA-684B58A4A2F8.jpeg

bryanfze55

Too many people have been proven to be selfish during this pandemic. Wearing masks, being courteous, caring for your neighbor etc. God knows what would happen if WW2 was going now and Minnie Mouse was telling housewives to save their fat drippings to help the war effort.
I don’t think masks work well at all, but I gladly wear them inside just to play along, follow the rules and to be courteous. But I think people who have been responsible and chosen to get the vaccine have earned the privilege to be unmasked outdoors.

Nickp1983

Talking to a speech pathologist the other day... its a real concern when it comes to children who were under 1 when this started. Identifying facial queues and overall facial expressions is such an important element when it comes to children identifying with people around them. It's going to be a real challenge for many as this wears off when we learn that some children are much further behind from where they should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

It is a very fast change. If you came to WDW because you thought it would be a safer alternative for your unvaccinated or immuno-compromised family, it’s to late to change plans when you are already here. That’s part of why I didn’t think Disney would move this fast. Give a window (like a June 1 date) for people with a set of expectations time to finish their visit, and upcoming arrivals to make alternative plans if they wanted.
Why would anyone even go in such a situation?

Incomudro

I think this is a great compromise.

We can walk around the parks, hotels, Disney Springs without masks.
Once we are starting to get in queues (still to be determined if it includes the extended outdoor parts?), indoors and transportation - masks.

I truly can't understand the concern about walking around outside w/out masks. We will still be masked in areas where the risk of transmission is increased.

Yes, some people may forget to put their mask on right away, but I don't think this will be the huge issue some are making it out to be.

And I'll admit, even when they drop masks indoors here where I live, I probably will still have mine on for a bit in the stores until I get used to it. But outside....yahooooo!!!!!!
I actually hoped this was what WDW would have done in the first place some year or so ago.
Masks indoors and in ride queue's and not required elsewhere.

BaconPancakes

Right? If your health is so compromised that going outside and being around people not wearing masks is a dangerous idea... id imagine Disney under any circumstances would not be the best place for you. Seems a lot like going to the Planters factory with a peanut allergy
But my Disney vacation is a right! Mah Freedumbs!1

Incomudro

Right? If your health is so compromised that going outside and being around people not wearing masks is a dangerous idea... id imagine Disney under any circumstances would not be the best place for you. Seems a lot like going to the Planters factory with a peanut allergy
Very much so, and putting a heck of a lot of trust in what I consider to be the very porous measures of masks, distancing, and plexiglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom