News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It also just occurred to me that last weekend was a holiday weekend, which likely made numbers artificially low as not every state reported.

It’ll be just fine.

Roy G. Dis

It also just occurred to me that last weekend was a holiday weekend, which likely made numbers artificially low as not every state reported.

It’ll be just fine.

My state just counts those on the next business day and it all ends up not mattering when you look at 7 day trends.

legwand77

Unless I'm missing it, I don't think it lets you see the data for each individual county that feeds into the metrics. The old case rate based map showed the data for the county if you clicked on it.

Since they use the highest single metric to determine, one of the metrics could be over by 0.1 and it makes it red. Without seeing the data, we can't really tell.

I also don't see if it is considering somebody a COVID patient if they are in the hospital and test positive or if they are only counting people in the hospital due to COVID. If it is the former then they've basically kept the old case rate based metric in a new form because whatever percentage of the population is positive you'd expect around the same percentage of people who go to the hospital for anything to test positive.
You can still see the data at the "old" tracker.

Orange County as of Feb 25 is medium. Yellow. The new metrics on transmission was based on the previous week data.

As of feb 25th Orange County is at

New cases <200/ 7day average - 141
New admissions of confirmed COVID-19 per 100,000 population (last 7 days) -14.57
Percent of staffed inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients (7-day average) - 5.8

Orange county might even turn green next week. The new hospital admissions is what is keeping it yellow and that is trending down also. It just has to drop <10 from 14.57

MissingDisney

Well to be fair, this IS the mask thread so……at this point, masks, policies and the CDC have been covered about 5,286,071 times. No one is changing anyone‘s mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mom

Premium Member
There was a slightly OT discussion about school buses, but only because someone asked about whether masking on transportation at WDW was still required, and why the US rules still require them on public buses although some school buses do not require them. But that question has been answered.

So, again,

Please limit posts to any mask rule changes at WDW updates. Any further arguments about masks themselves will be deleted. 2 years of arguments about them is enough. Thank you.

Furiated

This might have been mentioned upthread and I missed it but, what's the current status of on stage cast members? If they aren't wearing a mask, does that mean they are vaccinated? Or is it honor system like with guests?

celluloid

What about a hydrolator?

Those are passe' now it is all about simulated space launch. Or if you want to get real fancy, a simulated space launch, in a real elevator. Which masks are also not required in. So it really is just Monorail, Skyliner and Buses then.(and Starcruiser transport to Battu of course) Friendship boats if in service are considered open air enough? I just wanted to know for clarity of what is considered transportation under the many things that are transportation.

natatomic

This might have been mentioned upthread and I missed it but, what's the current status of on stage cast members? If they aren't wearing a mask, does that mean they are vaccinated? Or is it honor system like with guests?
More than likely yes, but I know of at least one guest-facing CM personally who has an exemption who does not have to wear a mask while social distancing, but does at all other times. However, I think most roles required the unvaccinated to wear a mask at all times.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Just when Disney drops the indoor mask mandate….here we go back up again. FINALLY I book a mask free trip for mid April and if things go sideways WDW could bring them back….and I’d have to cancel…AGAIN!!

I don’t mind masks I just don’t want to wear them at WDW. That may be in jeopardy I’m afraid
Stop worrying about it. You forget how freaking greedy that mouse is. He doesn’t care if there is a spike in cases or deaths. He just wants your money. You’ll be pretty safe in assuming that no one is going to make you put a little covering over your face for your upcoming trip, or any upcoming trip. For Disney, and for most on here, the pandemic is over. Those still catching it and dying of it are nothing more than an inconvenient truth that is easy to ignore, so long as the Mickey pops and the Dole Whips are flowing like the River Jordan.

correcaminos

I suspect that will be going away soon

If guests don’t have to wear a mask inside a small mission space capsule enclosed with others, why should they in a monorail or bus.
I do think it will go soon, but we're still over 2 weeks out from when the mandate is scheduled to drop

G00fyDad

I suspect that will be going away soon

If guests don’t have to wear a mask inside a small mission space capsule enclosed with others, why should they in a monorail or bus.
Because, as has been said many times before, Disney transportation is under federal guidance and they must adhere to the mask policy on all federal transportation systems. This happened after the 2009 fatal monorail crash. As long as they're required in an airplane they're going to be required in Disney transportation. However, it's supposed to drop in another 16 days anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom