News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelz2315

I think I would give it a week or two before I get exorcised over it, a blip in numbers can be a reporting anomaly
I hope you’re right but I’ve seen this before. Goes down,,,goes down then BOOM another wave…WDW brings back masks me spring and summer are shot

Touchdown

National cases jumped from 33k last Sunday to 48k today. Here we go again :(
Focus on the 7 day average. Things are still good
B93E386A-041E-4D68-A734-9B299063E9A4.jpeg

Heelz2315

I’m just hoping to make it maybe through the summer without WDW bringing back masks. I’d like to go have a Covid reminder free vacation

SingleRider

I’m just hoping to make it maybe through the summer without WDW bringing back masks. I’d like to go have a Covid reminder free vacation
Cases lead to hospitalizations. Since we have no idea what wdw uses as metrics items a crap shoot of if they’ll bring them back

Public opinion of masks has changed over time. I doubt they come back unless there is a local mandate since Disney has already gone against the CDC's recommendation. The only place likely to be influenced by local mandates is Disneyland. And hopefully if that happens they won't also do the same in Disney World as the result of some CA mandate.

DisneyCane

Cases lead to hospitalizations. Since we have no idea what wdw uses as metrics items a crap shoot of if they’ll bring them back
I don't think they are using metrics. They are using public sentiment. The only reason they waited as long as they did to remove the WDW requirement was that they wanted to have the same policy at Disneyland and had to wait for CA to drop thier mandate.

SingleRider

I don't think they are using metrics. They are using public sentiment. The only reason they waited as long as they did to remove the WDW requirement was that they wanted to have the same policy at Disneyland and had to wait for CA to drop thier mandate.
Hopefully if some mandate comes along in California as a result of a surge there they won't also implement them at Disney World again.

ToTBellHop

There is a VERY low risk of the CDC reversing between now and fall. The world would need to practically end.

I‘d be more worried about what is happening in Ukraine, personally. We are seeing mask mandates end in Europe and they are far more restrictive than the US, so I think we have a good idea of where things are headed for awhile.

correcaminos

I hope you’re right but I’ve seen this before. Goes down,,,goes down then BOOM another wave…WDW brings back masks me spring and summer are shot
Do you follow cases often? They always jump up a day or two and drop on others. Not all states report daily.

Nothing personal but if Disney is that important to go, don't ever hinge on masks. Especially if you don't mind them. It's not that bad, but I think you're worrying about nothing really.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

What is the correct order? I honestly don't know the answer.
The "better" mask touching the face. The double masking flight attendants I've seen have always worn a KN95 over another mask. This keeps the KN95 from sealing properly. There is never a need to double mask in any scenario if one is an N95 or equivalent respirator. The double masking guidance was using a cloth mask to hold a surgical mask tighter and sealed better.

EricsBiscuit

Does anyone think the mask mandate will be back before April? I am supposed to go to Walt Disney World, but now I am not so sure. Why is no one wearing masks anymore? Only 1% of guests? That does not make sense to me.
Do yourself a favor and go outside without a mask. Enjoy the experience. Enjoy the freedom. Enjoy the wind gently brushing against your face. You will be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom