News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

I am wondering if Disney knew the CDC was going to change their recommendations next week and that's why they moved forward....

On a side note...... I was at HS and Epcot yesterday, i would say less than 5% mask wearing indoors.

it seems everyone got the message the night before or yesterday. No one seemed surprised masks were gone.

Dizziman

This thread has drifted from mask policy to how to discipline your children.

Maybe it’s run its course?
I think the thread still has wheels. I know some people were reporting what their friends have seen about what percentage are masks/no masks, but it would be helpful to have some first-hand experiences.

correcaminos

I think the thread still has wheels. I know some people were reporting what their friends have seen about what percentage are masks/no masks, but it would be helpful to have some first-hand experiences.
This.... and hopefully when transportation is dropped. I'm personally curious to see how that shakes out and would love 1st hand or reliable 2nd hand. My friend mostly drives so cannot ask her lol

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Fair enough. Just curious how we got into the ways parents discipline their kids. Lol.

ToTBellHop

Fair enough. Just curious how we got into the ways parents discipline their kids. Lol.
It’s always a good time to judge others poorly while celebrating yourself.
1645200344203.gif

jbaldrar

Yep, won't be wearing my mask tonight. I am glad those 2 weeks are behind me, I am boosted up and ready!

Fact is 3 of 10 should be wearing a mask, today will show how many lie. We know 7 of 10 at best are vaccinated
Yep, won't be wearing my mask tonight. I am glad those 2 weeks are behind me, I am boosted up and ready!

Fact is 3 of 10 should be wearing a mask, today will show how many lie. We know 7 of 10 at best are vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated what difference does it make?

Tom P.

Ban them? No thanks. People who are undergoing treatments of certain types have worn them for years. Hatred of this level is extreme. Oh and yes, there are many who say n95 or nothing.... knowing full well that's impossible
I was joking and exaggerating. I thought that was clear from my referencing a Constitutional amendment and including a smiley face. :)

No, I don't think masks should be banned. If you want to wear one, you should be able to wear one. I just oppose mandating them.

correcaminos

I was joking and exaggerating. I thought that was clear from my referencing a Constitutional amendment and including a smiley face. :)

No, I don't think masks should be banned. If you want to wear one, you should be able to wear one. I just oppose mandating them.
Ah sorry. I take smiles as being polite totally my mistake!

I am not against mandating things for the good of the public when it makes sense. I think there are times when it was good to do. Now? Not so sure. I mean a part of me says they did indeed help keep my 14yo in school and classes going (studies showed us in my state) but we are now quite low and hospitalizations dropped. I'd rather masks than remote schooling.

I did discover they help my face outdoors in the winter. The cloth ones are replacing my scarves! Some friends will wear at times too which is okay to me. We still have winter and mandates so I'm just going with it all and hoping for a better spring/summer again. We had an awesome totally mask free summer.

cmwade77

Ah sorry. I take smiles as being polite totally my mistake!

I am not against mandating things for the good of the public when it makes sense. I think there are times when it was good to do. Now? Not so sure. I mean a part of me says they did indeed help keep my 14yo in school and classes going (studies showed us in my state) but we are now quite low and hospitalizations dropped. I'd rather masks than remote schooling.

I did discover they help my face outdoors in the winter. The cloth ones are replacing my scarves! Some friends will wear at times too which is okay to me. We still have winter and mandates so I'm just going with it all and hoping for a better spring/summer again. We had an awesome totally mask free summer.
I think mask mandates need to go, but if you want to wear one, go for it for now. Eventually I think they should be banned though, as only those that are actively sick should be wearing it and if you are actively sick, you should stay home.

Incomudro

I think mask mandates need to go, but if you want to wear one, go for it for now. Eventually I think they should be banned though, as only those that are actively sick should be wearing it and if you are actively sick, you should stay home.
Or overly concerned for ones own safety.
Of course, I said more than a year ago - that those people should wear an n95.

Incomudro

We just got back, it was originally supposed to be dropped a few days before our trip, but then got extended.

Disney's indoor masking stopped the day we left, so sad it wasn't sooner.
Damn! Sorry about that.
I can handle masks indoors, but it'd be far more convenient if that's gone.
I can handle them on transportation too, if they're still required when we go - but I really don't like the idea of them on the boats.
We'll see.
In any event, things are looking great - I had a positive omicron test last week and I felt zero effect from it.
Went for bike rides, (11 mile rides) walked around the reservoir (5 miles) so I'm good.
My wife had it too, she was dragging a bit but otherwise ok, and she's over that now - so our fear is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom