News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

Does it make it true if you put a word in caps?

My opinion is that mask mandates were never necessary and I believe that the data on their effectiveness shows that they have little to no benefit. (Note: I am speaking about the data on mask *mandates*, not the data on masks themselves.)
Science would have a little bit to say about your opinion.

Annnnddddd......... I'm done. Bye!

ToTBellHop

This is false. I know it's against the rules to get into mask debates in this thread, but I cannot let mis-information like that go unchallenged.
I appreciate you fighting the good fight.

1645324345840.jpeg

SunnyDisney007

A physical barrier on your face to reduce the droplets that are expelled outward when you breath (or sneeze) works. Obviously some work better than others, but even cloth masks are effective at reducing (not eliminating) the spread, especially when everyone is wearing them.

That said, i don’t believe in mandates and I am glad the mask policy is going away. Disney has been one of the only places I have worn a mask since the CDC announced (probably prematurely) vaccinated people no longer needed to wear them. If others want to wear them, fine. I just can’t go back to it, especially in the Florida heat.

correcaminos

What’s interesting is that I rode one of the EPCOT boats last July when the mask policy was the same and the captain said they weren’t required on the boat then.
They reinstated masks starting July 31st after making them optional June 15th. You sure you weren't there for masks optional?

Supertech65

They reinstated masks starting July 31st after making them optional June 15th. You sure you weren't there for masks optional?
On the friendship boats it depends on where you sit. If you are lucky enough to grab that one bench that sits outside, you are not required to wear a mask but if you sat inside, it was (and still is ) mandatory.

Last edited:

correcaminos

On the friendship boats it depends on where you sit. If you are lucky enough to grab that one bench that sits outside, you are not required to wear a mask but if you sat inside, it was (and still is ) mandatory.
That I knew. I avoided them in November after the masks cams back for a reason. But my comment was in reference to having indoor masks in July - whuch they didn't most of the month specifically to the poster. I wasn't sure they were doing that during the no masks time frame. Hope that makes sense.

I know in November inside or out going to WL (bigger boats or not) they were not requiring. Not quite the same as the friendship of Epcot/DHS but similar.

DisneyCane

One good friend said maybe 1% (was there day it was dropped) when I asked. I've seen as high as a 10% guesstimate
Based on the prior removal of the policy, I'd think around 10% is probably accurate. I think people tend to significantly overestimate the number of people they can see at one time in a queue or inside a store for the denominator of the equation.

correcaminos

Based on the prior removal of the policy, I'd think around 10% is probably accurate. I think people tend to significantly overestimate the number of people they can see at one time in a queue or inside a store for the denominator of the equation.
She showed me pics and video. I only saw 1 mask and it was a CM. I forgot to ask her how the rest of the trip went (short one as a local). People seem way more done here... we have mask mandates still. I can see a massive rip off when gone. So I can belive 1% or 10 depending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom