News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Disney Fan

It won't be long before Disney is the ONLY place in America holding on to an indoor mask mandate. I had originally thought that'd be May, but it's looking more and more like March at the latest. Will WDW be the last holdout?

I’d have disagreed and said Nevada will be the last place in the nation but even our Governor has a press conference scheduled for Thursday.

I’m being cautiously optimistic because he’s been consistently more restrictive than even states like CA and NY but if even he announces an end date to masks I can’t see anyplace holding on much longer.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Not trying to be disrespectful with this question it’s just I don’t pay attention to whom is considered an “insider” here.

Is this just a guess or based on information from inside the company?
I am far from an insider but do have friends in higher places in the company and union.

Chi84

Premium Member
I thought this was a pretty decent article about the CDC possibly changing its metrics for making decisions about masking. From what I’ve been reading it may be too late anyway.

correcaminos

I thought this was a pretty decent article about the CDC possibly changing its metrics for making decisions about masking. From what I’ve been reading it may be too late anyway.
Too late? (a serious question - though admittedly I am tired today so brain might have missed something).

Good read though.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Ehh. States gonna be states and make their own decisions.

CJR

I'm in favor of using hospitalization data going forward IF they separate vaccinated data from unvaccinated data, for the purpose of writing guidelines.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm in favor of using hospitalization data going forward IF they separate vaccinated data from unvaccinated data, for the purpose of writing guidelines.
Still ignores the effectiveness (or lack of) of masks while ignoring the negative consequences. But whatever.

Trauma

So it looks like we will be at 45 out of 50 states without mask mandates in the next couple weeks.

Thats a lot of customers who won’t be masking at home and don’t want to mask on vacation.

Maybe Chapek will throw a dart at the calendar ?

Reactions: CJR

CarolinaSoprano

NEW cases.
Literally just heard it on the news, perhaps I heard it wrong.
In any event, a couple of article I looked up had omicron at 95 percent in January.
It's over.
I know you don't want to give it up, but it's over.
Perhaps a new and more deadly strain will arise, but this one is over.
No. I heard the same thing on a segment this morning on the Today Show. It said omicron was now 100% of cases.

BuddyThomas

NEW cases.
In any event, a couple of article I looked up had omicron at 95 percent in January.
It's over.
It’s not over when at least 2,400 Americans are dropping dead every single solitary day.

Polkadotdress

NEW cases.
It's over.
I normally don’t agree with you, but can attest that you’re correct. It was lead story on CNN this morning.

Tom P.

It’s not over when at least 2,400 Americans are dropping dead every single solitary day.
Like it or not, the country has now decided that it is the time to move on and resume fully normal life. When California and New York say it's time to end restrictions, you know there is simply no will left anywhere in the country to maintain them. And I guarantee that Disney will follow suit at some point in the near future.

Vaccines are readily available and will even be available for those under 5 very soon. High-quality N95/KN95 masks that can protect the wearer are no longer in short supply. And we even have some good therapeutic options available now for those who contract Covid. Our society has decided, collectively, that we now have the tools to fight Covid and that the risks are acceptable. You can disagree with that, but that's where we are and you can see it happening every day. It's not going to be turned back at this point.

My prediction is that by summer, at the absolute latest, there will be no traces of any Covid-related precautions or restrictions almost anywhere in the United States.

BuddyThomas

I normally don’t agree with you, but can attest that you’re correct. It was lead story on CNN this morning.
If that’s true, I stand corrected but that doesn’t change the number of daily deaths that continue to occur and the assertion by some that “this is over” is simply not based in fact. I’ll be waiting for a post from someone about heart attacks and car accidents in 3…..2…..1…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom