News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

We got notice our school plans to drop at the end of the month. My 14yo said no way is he dropping 2 weeks before our rescheduled mom and son trip from 2020 🤣

Trust me kid isn't scared of covid he just reeeaaaally wants to go on this trip so he says no colds, flus, or coronavirus for him. We'll see if he does it. Our cases have drastically dropped and much like masks were dropped in June through just when school was starting, it feels okay to do.

We did laugh that of course the federal mandate for flying could end the day after we get back. Really not a big deal to fly with one for us.

G00fyDad

New trade deal for Costa Rican strawberries??
No. The crop report for the agricultural center is coming in. Orange Juice is going to be huge!
looking good GIF

G00fyDad

We got notice our school plans to drop at the end of the month. My 14yo said no way is he dropping 2 weeks before our rescheduled mom and son trip from 2020 🤣

Trust me kid isn't scared of covid he just reeeaaaally wants to go on this trip so he says no colds, flus, or coronavirus for him. We'll see if he does it. Our cases have drastically dropped and much like masks were dropped in June through just when school was starting, it feels okay to do.

We did laugh that of course the federal mandate for flying could end the day after we get back. Really not a big deal to fly with one for us.
What date may that happen? Just curious since we are hoping for masks to be gone from airplanes and Disney before our trip.

G00fyDad

March 18th is when it was extended to in December. We're lucky it's just a 2 hour non-stop flight so a mask isn't a huge deal to wear on a plane.
Yeah. It's a two hour flight for us as well. It's not that big of a deal if I have to wear one but if I don't have to wear a mask I'd rather not. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
March 18th is when it was extended to in December. We're lucky it's just a 2 hour non-stop flight so a mask isn't a huge deal to wear on a plane.
Yeah. It's a two hour flight for us as well. It's not that big of a deal if I have to wear one but if I don't have to wear a mask I'd rather not. :)
Flights may never go away…but it’s not likely to be in a month if it does…

it’s really not a big thing.

correcaminos

I hear you! I will say I looked up dates and it was supposed to end Jan 18th. If I read the news right, they extended it Dec 2. I'd expect an extension announcement very soon if they extend again.

Not a big deal at all to us really. Packing masks for flights and wearing is nothing. Not like my friend who traveled to Philipi with mask and face shield. From the US. Looong flight.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not a big deal at all to us really. Packing masks for flights and wearing is nothing. Not like my friend who traveled to Philipi with mask and face shield. From the US. Looong flight.
I mean…it’s annoying as it always is…just not big in the grand scheme of things…

but my take is if you’re not used to masks at this point….you’re not “pandemicking” right

whatcha been doing for 23 months? 😎

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

It is if your kid is 2.

Even my middle daughter, 4, struggles on a flight. She's perfectly willing and able to wear one. But sometimes she'll do something like sneeze into it accidentally or be a little careless when eating or drinking, as preschoolers do. We have to bring a bag of like 10 of them.

Raise the age to 5 or 12 like the rest of the world and keep the flight mandate forever, I don't care.

Though I'll add that flying with a mask is subject to the same farcical dissonance that restaurants have. You have to wear the mask... until you get that can of Ginger Ale and a pouch of Biscoff cookies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is if your kid is 2.

Even my middle daughter, 4, struggles on a flight. She's perfectly willing and able to wear one. But sometimes she'll do something like sneeze into it accidentally or be a little careless when eating or drinking, as preschoolers do. We have to bring a bag of like 10 of them.

Raise the age to 5 or 12 like the rest of the world and keep the flight mandate forever, I don't care.
Kids are obviously tougher. I’m glad I don’t travel with kids that young…I didn’t like it when they were that age much anyway.

correcaminos

I mean…it’s annoying as it always is…just not big in the grand scheme of things…

but my take is if you’re not used to masks at this point….you’re not “pandemicking” right

whatcha been doing for 23 months? 😎
I wouldn't even say my flights are annoying. I did feel for my friend having to wear both mask and shield on a super long trip (almost a day) but she hadn't seen her family in a long time do it was worth it.
It is if your kid is 2.

Though I'll add that flying with a mask is subject to the same farcical dissonance that restaurants have. You have to wear the mask... until you get that can of Ginger Ale and a pouch of Biscoff cookies.
Little little ones can be hit or miss for that reason. Or kids with disabilities. We tend to not eat on flights anyway but I agree in part about the eating. Though most planes have far better ventilation than restaurants do.

Lilofan

It won't be dropped for my 12 hour flight to Hawaii, but I'm praying it expires before my youngest turns 2 in March.
Recall those long haul flights to HI. If I had to wear a mask for a non stop 12 hour leg, I would take 10 mg of Melatonin , melt into the seat and wake up later flying into Honolulu Int'l. The jet lag coming back home was challenging.

Satans Hockey

Oh good. Broadway theatres full of unvaccinated, unmasked tourists from all over the country. What could possibly go wrong?

Broadway probably won't drop anything before April 30th since they already have this in place, if everything is still trending downwards they will probably adjust after that...

"The Broadway League announced today that the owners and operators of all 41 Broadway theatres in New York City are extending mask and vaccine requirements through April 30, 2022, along with the Buy With Confidence program which allows for flexible exchanges and refunds."

Lilofan

…those are my favorites announcements 👍🏻
I don't think theme park masks will even be discussed in today's Wall Street conference call with Chapek and Christine during their report to Wall Street and Q&A. Pulling out the stops to impress the Street. Strange how bad news is good news for investors. Peloton , today slashing 20% of staff, CEO stepping down and stock shot up 25% on the news.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think theme park masks will even be discussed in today's Wall Street conference call with Chapek and Christine during their report to Wall Street and Q&A. Pulling out the stops to impress the Street. Strange how bad news is good news for investors. Peloton , today slashing 20% of staff, CEO stepping down and stock shot up 25% on the news.
That’s how you know it’s crap and there is no counter argument…

they’re going down and people are making money off it…while no product is made/sold

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom