News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdearl41

Shortages and disruptions are because we're testing up the wazoo and keeping people who test positive out of work for a week. If we tested everyone for flu and common cold and made them stay home for a week, ANY endemic disease/virus would cause the same disruptions.

The virus isn't shutting us down, our overreaction to the virus is shutting us down.
This is 100% accurate. The quickest way to stop the disruption of the virus is to keep it from disrupting us.

LittleBuford

Any luck with KF94s?

Double masked - KN95 + cloth (because KN95/N95s are ugly) after an hour at Ikea... 100% SpO2.

View attachment 614293
I agree they’re ugly, but the advice from experts is not to wear any other masks over N95s or KN95s. I wish it weren’t so, as I have a nice selection of fun Disney cloth masks that I can no longer use, even as overlays to my boring (K)N95s.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Been there and owned that - straps are constantly falling down and tangling my hair. Used them pre covid for work we were doing in our kitchen when removing wall tiles. Wound up switching to a vented one that still wasn't great but stayed better. I do feel safe enough in my surgical especially when I do the tuck and fold that they suggest.
helenabear I have those that DH uses when sanding at home.....they don't fit me super well, and I found the 3M Aura best seal, and while the straps do muss the hair, I usually pony tail my hair prior to putting on so top strap stays in place better while I am out. They are more adjustable to the wearer imho. 9105+......made in usa, the 9210+ has nicer straps but made in Singapore.;)

1642442845585.png

correcaminos

helenabear I have those that DH uses when sanding at home.....they don't fit me super well, and I found the 3M Aura best seal, and while the straps do muss the hair, I usually pony tail my hair prior to putting on so top strap stays in place better while I am out. They are more adjustable to the wearer imho. 9105+......made in usa, the 9210+ has nicer straps but made in Singapore.;)

View attachment 614439
Truly thanks, but this style doesn't work. I get a headache if I wear a ponytail and most of these are adult sized and slide down my hair if it is down. I am not adult sized. When you are smaller than some middle school kids (was smaller than some 4th and 5th graders no joke) your issues are not the same as most adults with fit. I truly need child sized. Or I tuck and tie adult surgical which I'll keep doing.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Truly thanks, but this style doesn't work. I get a headache if I wear a ponytail and most of these are adult sized and slide down my hair if it is down. I am not adult sized. When you are smaller than some middle school kids (was smaller than some 4th and 5th graders no joke) your issues are not the same as most adults with fit. I truly need child sized. Or I tuck and tie adult surgical which I'll keep doing.
Understood, ponytail doesn't bother me or yes they would slide down my smooth hair too. 😷;) I have a long narrow face, and since we come in different models, the test driving what works for each of us can be a challenge, one size does not fit all.

correcaminos

Understood, ponytail doesn't bother me or yes they would slide down my smooth hair too. 😷;) I have a long narrow face, and since we come in different models, the test driving what works for each of us can be a challenge, one size does not fit all.
Absolutely test diving does indeed help. I've bought so many masks to test over the past 2 years. Same for my 14yo though it seems he now just is standard adult with no issues lol. Masks won't be forever I know so I adjust. At the beginning though I literally just stayed home as none fit until a friend made one for me 😁

Trauma

I agree they’re ugly, but the advice from experts is not to wear any other masks over N95s or KN95s. I wish it weren’t so, as I have a nice selection of fun Disney cloth masks that I can no longer use, even as overlays to my boring (K)N95s.

Disney still allows cloth masks.

Trauma

Yes, but I no longer wear them. They’re nowhere near as effective as (K)N95s.
(K)N95s are nowhere as effective as vaccines and boosters.

N95s do not improve your chances of avoiding a negative outcome once you catch it.

You are going to catch it.

This is the second most contagious disease that we know of.

I understand you may have good reasons for not wanting to catch it, but unfortunately you more than likely will.

If you or a family member is very high risk then this is obviously not ideal, however I’m not sure what the path forward would be. It’s like trying to live life avoiding the sun.

Maybe people try to hold out until there is a new vaccine that prevents transmission?

Hopefully you and yours are not high risk, and your just trying to be extra careful, because I don’t see how this can be avoided for any extended period of time.

LittleBuford

N95s do not improve your chances of avoiding a negative outcome once you catch it.

I understand you may have good reasons for not wanting to catch it, but unfortunately you more than likely will.

If you or a family member is very high risk then this is obviously not ideal, however I’m not sure what the path forward would be. It’s like trying to live life avoiding the sun.

Maybe people try to hold out until there is a new vaccine that prevents transmission?

Hopefully you and yours are not high risk and your just trying to be extra careful, because I don’t see how this can be avoided for any extended period of time.
I am vaccinated and boosted. My N95s and KN95s offer me an additional—and proven—layer of protection. Yes, I’m fully aware I’m likely to get the virus one day anyway, but I’m in no hurry to do so and will take whatever steps I personally feel are necessary to keep myself and my loved ones safe in the meantime.

Trauma

I am vaccinated and boosted. My N95s and KN95s offer me an additional—and proven—layer of protection. Yes, I’m fully aware I’m likely to get the virus one day anyway, but I’m in no hurry to do so and will take whatever steps I personally feel are necessary to keep myself and my loved ones safe in the meantime.
I get that.

I’m not trying to be argumentative I’m just trying to understand your perspective so I can better understand what people are thinking. Help me out if you can.

You want to protect yourself and your family, that makes a lot of sense.

When do you stop?

3 years from now when Covid is still popping up are you going to be masking?

What would it take for you to remove the mask?

Is is a metric? A government agency or politician saying it’s time? Maybe your personal physician?

Your insight is appreciated.

Trauma

For me, when more treatment options are available for severe COVID, I’ll stop wearing my mask.
Are your referring to treatments like the one from Pfizer?

When you say available do you mean more options than currently available, or greatly increased supply of current treatments?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Are your referring to treatments like the one from Pfizer?

When you say available do you mean more options than currently available, or greatly increased supply of current treatments?
Yes to all

LittleBuford

I get that.

I’m not trying to be argumentative I’m just trying to understand your perspective so I can better understand what people are thinking. Help me out if you can.

You want to protect yourself and your family, that makes a lot of sense.

When do you stop?

3 years from now when Covid is still popping up are you going to be masking?

What would it take for you to remove the mask?

Is is a metric? A government agency or politician saying it’s time? Maybe your personal physician?

Your insight is appreciated.
I will stop when COVID is more preventable and/or more treatable. We were almost there just before Delta reared its head, and I hope we’ll be there again before too long.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Hopefully you and yours are not high risk, and your just trying to be extra careful, because I don’t see how this can be avoided for any extended period of time.
Why do people keep saying this? We all will be exposed likely, yes. Exposure is not the same as catching it. It's been stated more than once that you can be exposed and not catch it. Like vaccines aren't doing their job. Masks do help too.

CarolinaSoprano

Why do people keep saying this? We all will be exposed likely, yes. Exposure is not the same as catching it. It's been stated more than once that you can be exposed and not catch it. Like vaccines aren't doing their job. Masks do help too.
Dr Fauci just said this 5 days ago:

(The Hill) — Infectious disease expert and White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that “just about everybody” will eventually be infected with the omicron variant of the coronavirus.

“Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody,” Fauci told the Center for Strategic and International Studies during a “fireside chat.”

“Those who have been vaccinated and vaccinated and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death,” he added.

What does infected mean then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom