News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Can you drop the attitude with me please? This is a WDW mask thread. Period. No one was suggesting as you just stated too. Right now cases are high. Masks feels normal for now. In a few months we'll see. But I do think Disney will be wary to drop asap. They didn't in Nov.

No one "had a memo" I just had no clue people would literally take my name Helen A Bear which is weird to me. I was poking at myself while letting you know not to call me Helen.
Yeah I figured that out from your last post, thanks for reiterating Helena.

I think Disney will be very quick to drop masking as soon as it becomes the norm.

If you pay close attention to the news you will notice how certain hints are starting to be dropped about pivoting towards this being endemic. Please note that this is happening on news sources that the masking crowd generally deems acceptable like CNN or MSNBC.

That isn’t happening on accident. —> IF <— the numbers drop to a safe level in the next 2 months I expect a push to normalcy with the media message being that it’s time to move forward.

At this point the choice will have to be made.

Is masking the new normal?

I assume that a large portion of the country will reject that idea (I could be wrong 🤷).

Back to Disney.

Corona is declared endemic with main stream messaging that it’s time to move on.

95% of country without mask mandates.

Do you expect Disney to continue the mandate under these conditions?

JoeCamel

I wanted to add, we bought these locally at Home Depot for my in-laws who came to town, and they found them to be small. Maybe they will work for you

Carp, box in the mail.....
Been there and owned that - straps are constantly falling down and tangling my hair. Used them pre covid for work we were doing in our kitchen when removing wall tiles. Wound up switching to a vented one that still wasn't great but stayed better. I do feel safe enough in my surgical especially when I do the tuck and fold that they suggest.
Carp, I have a box on the way
who cares,

I certainly don't. Unless people are dropping like flies I don't care about the number of hosts. 200 million hosts I don't care. wake me up when 5% or higher of cases ends in death.
Stop by your local hospital and ask them about the death rate. For many places it is as bad as it was 9 months ago. These people have been saddled with this for going on three years, grow a shred of humanity and drop the me me me then think about how you affect others for once.
I sincerely hope you never have a weekend like mine. I lost 2 people both under 60 and healthy when they caught covid
Sorry, the message got out that omicron was not as bad as delta but the part about there being multiples of cases and lots of deaths didn't get conveyed. I hope people will wake up and take positive steps to end this and stop burring their heads in the sand.

Last edited:

Trauma

Carp, box in the mail.....

Carp, I have a box on the way

Stop by your local hospital and ask them about the death rate. For many places it is as bad as it was 9 months ago. These people have been saddled with this for going on three years, grow a shred of humanity and drop the me me me then think about how you affect others for once.

Sorry, the message got out that omicron was not as bad as delta but the part about there being multiples of cases and lots of deaths didn't get conveyed. I hope people will wake up and take positive steps to end this and stop burring their heads in the sand.
I guess it doesn’t help that every news story is about how unvaccinated man dies after refusing vaccine etc.

They need to start publishing the news story’s about the healthy fully vaccinated people that are dying. I have yet to see anything suggesting this to be true, but for a poster here to know 2 people in one weekend this has to be widespread and not being reported.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I guess it doesn’t help that every news story is about how unvaccinated man dies after refusing vaccine etc.

They need to start publishing the news story’s about the healthy fully vaccinated people that are dying. I have yet to see anything suggesting this to be true, but for a poster here to know 2 people in one weekend this has to be widespread and not being reported.
One may have only had one shot and it's still unclear on the vaxx status of the other. I'm sorry I didn't make that clearer. IMHO until things are more clearly known tripled vaxx'd me is going to keep wearing my n95 with a cute fabric mask over it especially since my inlaws are immunocompromised

DisneyHead123

If you type “Covid cases US” or “Covid deaths US” into Google you’ll get an interactive chart. You can also go to the top and select your state, then your county to see what things are like in your particular area. It’s a really nice resource.

Trauma

If you type “Covid cases US” or “Covid deaths US” into Google you’ll get an interactive chart. You can also go to the top and select your state, then your county to see what things are like in your particular area. It’s a really nice resource.
I know this, but without sounding harsh I’m only concerned with vaccinated and boosted deaths.

Is there any information on these numbers and other applicable statistics?

correcaminos

Yeah I figured that out from your last post, thanks for reiterating Helena.

I think Disney will be very quick to drop masking as soon as it becomes the norm.

If you pay close attention to the news you will notice how certain hints are starting to be dropped about pivoting towards this being endemic. Please note that this is happening on news sources that the masking crowd generally deems acceptable like CNN or MSNBC.

That isn’t happening on accident. —> IF <— the numbers drop to a safe level in the next 2 months I expect a push to normalcy with the media message being that it’s time to move forward.

At this point the choice will have to be made.

Is masking the new normal?

I assume that a large portion of the country will reject that idea (I could be wrong 🤷).

Back to Disney.

Corona is declared endemic with mainstream messaging that it’s time to move on.

95% of country without mask mandates.

Do you expect Disney to continue the mandate under these conditions?
Honestly I expect Disney to go slow based on what happened in November. I actually don't really follow the mainstream news as much as I do other outlets. Right now we're still in the middle of a massive climb where even thinking about dropping isn't there yet. As in cases here are worse than ever. As always with everything covid I am a wait and see person. I really am. So all I am going to say is that Disney didnt drop quickly last time. They'd rather be consistent than flop back and forth. So it will take more than a few months to know what theyd do.

Masking is the current normal. It was happily gone from many places when Disney kept at it though. So I won't guess what will happen next or when. Just that even though Chapek wants things gone doesn't mean he'll get his way.

who cares,

I certainly don't. Unless people are dropping like flies I don't care about the number of hosts. 200 million hosts I don't care. wake me up when 5% or higher of cases end in death.
I care and it is more about than deaths too. Just because you don't doesn't mean it is the right answer either at this time. Not all people think of only themselves. Plus at Disney, I still for the life of me cannot figure out why people are arguing as heavily as they are about masks inside. Don't like it? It's a total luxury item you can go elsewhere if you need.

DisneyHead123

I know this, but without sounding harsh I’m only concerned with vaccinated and boosted deaths.

Is there any information on these numbers and other applicable statistics?
Oh I see what you mean. I don’t know of any place where you can see those numbers nationally for recent days, it seems like that information takes a much longer time to compile. There was a report regarding vaccination status and risk factors that was released about cases pre-2022, and I assume most of it would still apply:

JoeCamel

That’s helpful but still a small sample size.
I've seen similar charts from several health systems and some health departments. You are 17x more likely to end up in the hospital if you are unvax rather than vax if you get it. Some fraction of the unvax inpatients will die (about 10% historically) so a few survive the vent but the monoclonals are not very effective on omicron and many more die. Very rare for a vax to die in a hospital setting.
The toll in long term covid is unknown but in my case I have severely reduced lung function and joint aches left from two years ago.

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
With the current daily case numbers I presume more guests accept a mask wearing policy at Disney compared to those who won't accept and disregard, regardless of whether your state, county, city, or place of employment has a policy. To believe that Disney is being too cautious and shame the company for it's policy is an acceptable opinion, but to disregard and complain about how other places down the road don't have a policy speaks to the impudence of our society as a whole.

I hate masks. I don't accept them as being normal. I live in a state where no municipality is allowed to institute mask wearing or vaccination policy. I am boosted and begrudgingly wear a mask because I want this ****show to be over.

DisneyCane

Surgeons have been wearing masks for nearly 2 centuries now, as has everyone else in the OR. A vast majority of those peoples shifts occur in the OR. Don’t you think we would have found long term effects of masks by now?
Not with surgical masks but my wife has mild effects when wearing an N95 if the case is long enough.
Would some have an issue before going under the knife if the surgeon didn't feel the need to wear a mask? This argument of why needing to wear a mask, effects of it, etc is ridiculous. It was not surprising when companies in summer 2020 started policy of wearing masks in their busineses that the temper tantrum anti mask crowd will be present. Some of them turned into Karens and one real estate agent in FL was fired by his employer when he acted out while shopping on his day off.
Can we please stop trying to make the case that surgeons and other OR staff wearing masks somehow gives insight into how effective they are in reducing the spread of COVID? OR personnel do not wear masks to prevent airborne viruses from being transmitted to the patient undergoing surgery. They wear them to prevent infecting open incisions with microbes that can cause post surgery infections that can put the patient's life at risk. It's the same reason that they wear caps on their hair.

Doe anybody suggest that wearing hats would help prevent COVID? Well, you wouldn't want your surgeon to not wear one in surgery so by they same logic it must mean that wearing a cap does something.

As an aside, patients undergoing surgery do not typically breath room air. Just another reason why the OR staff wearing masks has absolutely nothing to do with preventing respiratory viruses.

Last edited:

Married5Times

Well, you wouldn't want your surgeon to not wear one in surgery so by they same logic it must mean that wearing a cap does something.

for me, I want surgeon to wear cap to reduce the chance of something in her hair that could fall into my open chest cavity or cranium if I'm ever on that table being serviced. I don't want her hairs which are laced with oils, lotions and dead cells, dandruff flakes, lice......anything that doesn't belong to fall inside me.

now if the surgeon is bald then I don't care much if wear a hat or not as long as that one thoroughly bathes and washes daily.

DisneyCane

for me, I want surgeon to wear cap to reduce the chance of something in her hair that could fall into my open chest cavity or cranium if I'm ever on that table being serviced. I don't want her hairs which are laced with oils, lotions and dead cells, dandruff flakes, lice......anything that doesn't belong to fall inside me.

now if the surgeon is bald then I don't care much if wear a hat or not as long as that one thoroughly bathes and washes daily.
I was talking about it doing something to prevent COVID which preceded what you quoted. Of course it does something in surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom