News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Dr Fauci just said this 5 days ago:

(The Hill) — Infectious disease expert and White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that “just about everybody” will eventually be infected with the omicron variant of the coronavirus.

“Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody,” Fauci told the Center for Strategic and International Studies during a “fireside chat.”

“Those who have been vaccinated and vaccinated and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death,” he added.

What does infected mean then?
That is not what Fauci said. Here is his actual quotes and not an interpretation of first part of quote - where find doesn't mean infect, which is addressed in 2nd part
"I think, in many respects, omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will, ultimately, find just about everybody," Fauci told the Center for Strategic & International Studies on Tuesday.
"Those who have been vaccinated and vaccinated and boosted would get exposed," Fauci said. "Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death."

(First non paywall with his quotes and not paraphrasing) the maybe is the unknown of how many but this is not an indication that all will catch it. Households with a single breakthrough case show this to be true. People are using this incorrectly to mean let's just let it rip too often or to scare the crap out of people. Paraphrasing to fit a narrative is not okay.

Last edited:

Trauma

Why do people keep saying this? We all will be exposed likely, yes. Exposure is not the same as catching it. It's been stated more than once that you can be exposed and not catch it. Like vaccines aren't doing their job. Masks do help too.
The vaccines are doing their job. When you catch it you don’t get very sick and even more importantly you don’t die.

If you plan on your vaccine stopping infection well good luck with that.

There is talk of a omicron specific vaccine but :

Dr. Shaun Truelove, an infectious disease epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, agrees: "Given how quickly this [variant] is happening, [the targeted vaccine] may not matter because everybody's going to be infected," says Truelove, a member of The Covid Scenario Modeling Hub, a team of researchers who make Covid projections.

He says everyone is going to infected. Not exposed, infected.

I will now let all the doctors here go ahead and discredit this, since only the doctors that fit their story are reputable.

Touchdown

The vaccines are doing their job. When you catch it you don’t get very sick and even more importantly you don’t die.

Dr. Shaun Truelove, an infectious disease epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, agrees: "Given how quickly this [variant] is happening, [the targeted vaccine] may not matter because everybody's going to be infected," says Truelove, a member of The Covid Scenario Modeling Hub, a team of researchers who make Covid projections.

I will now let all the doctors here go ahead and discredit this, since only the doctors that fit their story are reputable.
Infected does not equal symptomatic. Infected doesn’t even mean infectious either. It means that everyone will at some point inhale at least one Covid virus which will be absorbed into a respiratory epithelium cell and begin replicating. This will alert your immune system to seek and destroy. If you get gravely ill, minority ill, become an asymptomatic spreader or don’t even notice it all depends on how much the virus can replicate and destroy part of your epithelium before your immune system is able to over power and start destroying more virus then is being made. If you are boosted you likely have a high antibody titer currently which will mean your immune system will be alerted and respond the fastest. By respond I mean having your memory b-cells get activated to plasma cells and start making new antibody clones and activating your memory T-cells to become helper and killer T cells and travel to the infected area. All these cells further recruit countless macrophages and neutrophils to the area to be the “front line infantry” to beat this infection back.

If you haven’t been boosted, you’ll have less antibodies so this process will take slightly longer. If you have never had a vaccine or infection you need to first make those B and T cells which takes 1-2 weeks, until then your neutrophils and macrophage soldiers essentially have no officers on the field of battle and are much less effective of a fighting force.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I'm vaccinated and got Covid a weeks ago. Doesn't mean I am going to stop taking precautions. I will wear my mask indoors and I don't go places where people can't give me space. It's no wonder people got Covid at the Mouse. It's not just masks you still should be keeping your distance from others.

Reactions: mkt

correcaminos

One person said it. I was talking Fauci. Not all doctors agree and I actually do not based on what we see IRL. Not all exposed will test positive. I’ve seen it in friends and loved ones and my own home. So yeah I don't agree especially when people use it to drop mitigations or importance of vaccines.

I'm not here to be argumentative and I try to post with respect. Please understand that.

Chip Chipperson

Dr Fauci just said this 5 days ago:

(The Hill) — Infectious disease expert and White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that “just about everybody” will eventually be infected with the omicron variant of the coronavirus.

“Omicron, with its extraordinary, unprecedented degree of efficiency of transmissibility, will ultimately find just about everybody,” Fauci told the Center for Strategic and International Studies during a “fireside chat.”

“Those who have been vaccinated and vaccinated and boosted would get exposed. Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death,” he added.

What does infected mean then?

Re-read Fauci's words.

What does "some" mean?

Chip Chipperson

He also says "may." That's an important word in the context of his statement.

Trauma

One person said it. I was talking Fauci. Not all doctors agree and I actually do not based on what we see IRL. Not all exposed will test positive. I’ve seen it in friends and loved ones and my own home. So yeah I don't agree especially when people use it to drop mitigations or importance of vaccines.

I'm not here to be argumentative and I try to post with respect. Please understand that.
I know Helena you are very respectful.

I’m only posting to help maybe adjust expectations for certain people.

Some post here as a badge of honor about how they never had Covid due to their pristine mitigation practices.

Not you specifically Helena, let’s say others.

I live a mask free life. I have structured it in a way where the places I frequent don’t require masks.
My gym. Where I practice martial arts. Etc.

Never caught the virus.

Ironically my family traveled to Disney where masking is obviously required, followed the rules and we all caught It.

Please note I follow all rules always. My hierarchy of values places law and order above my personal beliefs.

When I was young I suffered from severe anxiety. This continued for many years until I overcame it.
I would have panic attacks and think I was about to die. I couldn’t breath and it was scary.

I know there are people here living in fear of Corona. Heck with good reason it’s killed millions.

Having lived with anxiety when I was young, as much as it makes me want to break my fingers just typing the word, I have empathy for them.

I just want everyone to know if you are vaccinated you are going to be ok.

It’s ok to admit to others you caught it, and if your extremely nervous about your symptoms please reach out. Whenever I was in panic it would be other people that would bring me back.

If you have no one to reach out too talk to us here. We are all here for you.

May you all dodge omi like Neo in the matrix 😊

Jrb1979

Some post here as a badge of honor about how they never had Covid due to their pristine mitigation practices.

I live a mask free life. I have structured it in a way where the places I frequent don’t require masks.

Never caught the virus.

Ironically my family traveled to Disney where masking is obviously required, followed the rules and we all caught It.

Please note I follow all rules always. My hierarchy of values places law and order above my personal beliefs.

When I was young I suffered from severe anxiety. This continued for many years until I overcame it.
I would have panic attacks and think I was about to die. I couldn’t breath and it was scary.

I know there are people here living in fear of Corona. Heck with good reason it’s killed millions.

Having lived with anxiety when I was young, as much as it makes me want to break my fingers just typing the word, I have empathy for them.

It’s ok to admit to others you caught it, and if your extremely nervous about your symptoms please reach out. Whenever I was in panic it would be other people that would bring me back.

In fairness Disney is a petri dish the best of times. It's not about a badge of honor in not catching it. Being vaccinated, wearing a mask and social distancing COMBINED works the best. The problem is at Disney social distancing doesn't happen anymore. It's no wonder people get sick when you are standing on top of the person in line.

correcaminos

Never caught the virus.

Yes, as one who deals with amazingly bad anxiety at times, I can totally get how bad this is for some emotionally. That said as one who lives with it still, this is why I am middle ground. We're all going to get it is very negative and will cause issues for many struggling.

Are we all going to be exposed? Extremely likely. You're whole house would have to be entirely hermit like in order to not be. My kid goes to school every day and I know given the cases he's exposed. I just got back from volunteering and I know I've been exposed. I'm good with that. If I do catch it I know thanks to my whole health and vaccinations I will be fine outside of a freak of nature thing happening. I also know that when I am sick with colds that I normally do great. Not all have that luxury

Which is why I absolutely do think nuances matter. We'll likely all be exposed. As many doctors state if vaccinated and boosted, you may or may not catch it. If you do most likely you'll be just fine. That's the middle ground approach I like to take.

I went to Disney 2x last year (not bad for a mom in the midwest) and was surrounded by kids every day (not always masked) for months on end this past fall too. I dodge how I can but I don't go crazy,

Though right now masks are totally welcome at home... they're warm ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Last time I checked we are over 60% vaccinated as a nation.

We where never going to get close to the 95% that is probably needed.

The reality is we are never coming close to that number regardless of who is in power.

So what do we do about it?

Well maybe some vaccine resistant will be more open to a therapeutic I don’t know.

Are we suppose to put the country on pause indefinitely hoping that people get the memo?

I don’t have any ideas except continue to booster social distance and mask until a miracle happens or move on and the unvaccinated face the consequences of their decisions.

I predict the vaccine rate going higher when it affects people's health insurance premiums, but not the high rate that will be needed. Saying that, between vaccination and infections, we'll eventually reach herd immunity - just at a much more painful way than simply getting a shot.

And what do we do about it? Continue developing treatments.

DisneyCane

He could come out now and say he personally developed the vaccine in a lab in Florida and it would still do no good. What’s done is done. The monster was created and now it can’t be swayed.

Thus, we’ll be wearing masks at Disney for the foreseeable future.
The two things are not really related to each other very closely. Disney brought back the indoor mask mandate in the timeframe where the CDC changed guidance and said that fully vaccinated individuals should wear masks.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Truly thanks, but this style doesn't work. I get a headache if I wear a ponytail and most of these are adult sized and slide down my hair if it is down. I am not adult sized. When you are smaller than some middle school kids (was smaller than some 4th and 5th graders no joke) your issues are not the same as most adults with fit. I truly need child sized. Or I tuck and tie adult surgical which I'll keep doing.
Oh meant to say when I say ponytail, I mean a scrunchietail.... have you tried that? .I don't do the tight elastic bands of yesteryear....likely wouldn't work on a uber windy day but short term shopping etc, doctor office visit...... ;) I will wear one on airplane in future. With one band above and other below it all helps keep in place too.....scrunchie and mask!:happy:

I looked for child sized N95 and says most are counterfeit. BUT they do have a smaller 3M size cup mask like one above 8110S 3M. ONe above is 8210. Pack of 20 on Amazon. FYI.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Don't know about that but the hospital has this nifty chart

I think it's safe to say the unvax are where the problem is.

One much better is Ann Arbor Michigan Medicine.....they just added the detail of boostered, as well as age and other factors....I have not seen one so transparent anywhere else I have looked at!;)😷 Most I have seen are more like 70/30 and even some at 60/40 vaccinated in Metro Detroit hospitals. Saw 90/10 months ago......

1642537160620.png

correcaminos

Oh meant to say when I say ponytail, I mean a scrunchietail.... have you tried that? .I don't do the tight elastic bands of yesteryear....likely wouldn't work on a uber windy day but short term shopping etc, doctor office visit...... ;) I will wear one on airplane in future.

I looked for child sized N95 and says most are counterfeit. BUT they do have a smaller 3M size cup mask like one above 8110S 3M. ONe above is 8210. Pack of 20 on Amazon. FYI.
I have a lot of thick and heavy hair. I can do braids bit not ponytails. I can whip up a French braid on myself in no time though without a mirror even. Any ponytails just fall or give a headache. Too much hair pulling down I think.

Pretty much all kid ones I've seen are counterfeit or at best super flimsy. I just tuck and tie and even double mask if worried. After this much time I'm beyond tired of testing masks. But I do appreciate it. Like many things in life I'm just a bit too small for what the average uses. Hoping this surge ends soo too.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have a lot of thick and heavy hair. I can do braids bit not ponytails. I can whip up a French braid on myself in no time though without a mirror even. Any ponytails just fall or give a headache. Too much hair pulling down I think.

Pretty much all kid ones I've seen are counterfeit or at best super flimsy. I just tuck and tie and even double mask if worried. After this much time I'm beyond tired of testing masks. But I do appreciate it. Like many things in life I'm just a bit too small for what the average uses. Hoping this surge ends soo too.
Oh yeah thick hair, I get it, mine is thin and not much volume......if your braid didn't come from base of back of head it might work.....kudos for being able to do a french braid on self! I never could.....but might be that I don't have enough hair partial factor too, other than practice.:rolleyes:

Purduevian

One much better is Ann Arbor Michigan Medicine.....they just added the detail of boostered, as well as age and other factors....I have not seen one so transparent anywhere else I have looked at!;)😷 Most I have seen are more like 70/30 and even some at 60/40 vaccinated in Metro Detroit hospitals. Saw 90/10 months ago......

View attachment 614804
Also remember that 63% of Michigan is vaccinated, but only make up 41% of hospitalizations, 34% of the ICUs, and 33% of the Ventilators. Honestly wish the difference was more pronounced, but at least it is showing some resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom