News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Are they mixing families on the Gondola?
If so, why not just separate them and forget about the masks.
They are. Middle of the day you might be alone. Morning and evening likely will be paired unless large enough of a group. Problem with distancing is there are huge lines as it is at opening and closing. So if the did that it would be even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

correcaminos

I have a question @helenabear @GoofGoof is going to be safe by summer if NJ Transit will remove mask mandate as masks for good for trains and buses next month hopefully, so NYC will be safe as I'll visit to NYC on summer, fall and winter when it's finally safe since two years ago without mask on train ride.
I have no crystal ball on this. I think we need to wait to see what their recommendations will be first. Personally I think it is safe to travel now and have for a while. Wearing masks isn't always just on how safe it is for all at the moment. The issue is not all areas of the US are considered low enough to drop meaning we all have to follow until better info comes out in April. Hang tight, we'll get there.

Lilofan

That vacation mask will come in handy at OIA. Several hundred travelers are currently stranded/ sleeping at Orlando MCO for several days due to staff shortages/ flight cancels , weather issues, etc. One girl stranded several days at MCO next flight is Wed, trying to get back to PA, decided to rent a car and drive back. The stranded can share the couches and flooring area with some Orlando homeless who use OIA as a refuge.

G00fyDad

if this is true and we see a bump in cases, how will WDW react? Or are they done with masks?

It would have to be a significant bump in cases. It would have to be so significant that the rest of the country started placing mask mandates into effect again in a large swath of the country. More specifically, Anaheim and Orlando mask mandates would have to go into effect before I think Disney would consider it. Otherwise I don't think Disney is going to bother.

G00fyDad

That vacation mask will come in handy at OIA. Several hundred travelers are currently stranded/ sleeping at Orlando MCO for several days due to staff shortages, weather issues, etc. One girl stranded several days at MCO next flight is Wed, trying to get back to PA, decided to rent a car and drive back.
If only they had listened to this guy.....

John Candy Lol GIF

Bartattack

We dropped a lot of restrictions last monday (Belgium). No more masks indoor (except Hospitals/Public transportaion).
A rise in infections was expected... and scientists are not to worried. Deaths and ICU are still declining...

I'm leaving for WDW in 2 weeks (march 31... a trip I have booked and payed for since 2 years now...and moved three times)... It would be nice not to wear a mask outside and indoors. Don't mind wearing one on transportaion.

Ayla

We dropped a lot of restrictions last monday (Belgium). No more masks indoor (except Hospitals/Public transportaion).
A rise in infections was expected... and scientists are not to worried. Deaths and ICU are still declining...

I'm leaving for WDW in 2 weeks (march 31... a trip I have booked and payed for since 2 years now...and moved three times)... It would be nice not to wear a mask outside and indoors. Don't mind wearing one on transportaion.
Hospitalization and deaths always lag an increase in cases.

Heelz2315

Does anyone know how the Orlando/Orange Co hospitals did during the January Omicron wave? If they didn't get too stretched, that may be a good indicator going forward. The CDC only recomends indoor masks in areas where hospitals are having issues. If the Orange Co ones faired Ok before, maybe they will this spring/summer and WDW won't go back to masks indoors even if there is a bump/rise in cases.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone know how the Orlando/Orange Co hospitals did during the January Omicron wave? If they didn't get too stretched, that may be a good indicator going forward. The CDC only recomends indoor masks in areas where hospitals are having issues. If the Orange Co ones faired Ok before, maybe they will this spring/summer and WDW won't go back to masks indoors even if there is a bump/rise in cases.
Probably by summer/fall as winter as end of the year goes. The pandemic will be finally over in the world soon I hope.

Bartattack

Hospitalization and deaths always lag an increase in cases.

yes, but this current increase in infections is - according to scientists- from the previous easying of restrictions 3 weeks ago. (and from the week of holiday in february were a lot of people went on a ski-holiday and had more contacts). Hopsitalizations will be manageable and one trend that is noticable is that a lot less people ended up in ICU even with increasing hospitalisations the last 2 months.

Disneydad1012

Deep breathes...everything's going to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom