News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Driving is also an option if you're close enough. I'd say, if you're less than a day away, driving is a great option right now. Especially when you factor in flight delays, which can add hours of waiting, even from places like Atlanta.

If you have the trusted vehicle and time, driving from Atlanta is a heck of a lot cheaper anyway. It is only a six to seven hour drive. And with a family of three or four that would need flight tickets that would cost a lot more than gas.

Reactions: CJR

DisneyCane

If you have the trusted vehicle and time, driving from Atlanta is a heck of a lot cheaper anyway. It is only a six to seven hour drive. And with a family of three or four that would need flight tickets that would cost a lot more than gas.
That is definitely true now but it may not cost "a lot" more than gas soon with the stuff going on in Ukraine. The airlines usually hedge fuel so they won't have to pass on the cost nearly as soon.

celluloid

That is definitely true now but it may not cost "a lot" more than gas soon with the stuff going on in Ukraine. The airlines usually hedge fuel so they won't have to pass on the cost nearly as soon.

Even if gas goes to the rumored 7 bucks a gallon. Atlanta to Central Florida will still be cheaper than a flight for four people. Not to mention if you fly, your transportation costs when you get there without a car would be up for the same said fuel as well.

Lilofan

Even if gas goes to the rumored 7 bucks a gallon. Atlanta to Central Florida will still be cheaper than a flight for four people. Not to mention if you fly, your transportation costs when you get there without a car would be up for the same said fuel as well.
Hopefully that free WDW transportation moving forward is still free..

celluloid

Hopefully that free WDW transportation moving forward is still free..

I meant getting form hotel to park and resort when not on site, or even if onsite, you fly in and need to rent a car or pay for transportation means.

If you have a car, driving from Atlanta to Central Florida with the average size family being economically cheaper was my point.

Minnesota disney fan

Driving is what we did a few times. One item to contend is a number of dining options on I-95 were drive thru only, limited hours and menu and some even closed during the day.

We've opted to drive and make a road trip of it this April. We are driving to Phoenix, Az, and possibly to California for some sight seeing. We will have a 2 1/2 day trip out and back. We have done this before and it was a nice ride and we were able to see a lot of different states. But, we are both retired, so we don't have a time table to consider. It's just something we want to do together:)
I will admit that we won't miss the hassle with flying at all.

G00fyDad

We've opted to drive and make a road trip of it this April. We are driving to Phoenix, Az, and possibly to California for some sight seeing. We will have a 2 1/2 day trip out and back. We have done this before and it was a nice ride and we were able to see a lot of different states. But, we are both retired, so we don't have a time table to consider. It's just something we want to do together:)
I will admit that we won't miss the hassle with flying at all.

We'd be researching divorce lawyers before we hit Georgia if we drove. My wife gets irritable and anxious being in a car more than 6 hours. Louisville, KY to Chicago, IL was about her limit. LOL

Tom P.

I post this solely for its relevance to what Walt Disney World might be thinking in terms of the future of any mask requirements and not to stoke any new mask debates in general. Please respect that. :)

correcaminos

I post this solely for its relevance to what Walt Disney World might be thinking in terms of the future of any mask requirements and not to stoke any new mask debates in general. Please respect that. :)

It may also affect the federal mandate as well.

Tom P.

It may also affect the federal mandate as well.
True. I personally think it very unlikely that the federal transportation mandate gets extended past March 18th at this point. Which would mean that, unless the airline put it in place themselves, people flying to Disney wouldn't be required to mask. But, more importantly, that would mean Disney would likely drop the mask requirement on their own transportation like buses, monorails, etc.

correcaminos

True. I personally think it very unlikely that the federal transportation mandate gets extended past March 18th at this point. Which would mean that, unless the airline put it in place themselves, people flying to Disney wouldn't be required to mask. But, more importantly, that would mean Disney would likely drop the mask requirement on their own transportation like buses, monorails, etc.
My thoughts exactly.

correcaminos

We need to stop debating masks on this thread as we've been repeatedly told not to.
Please limit posts to any mask rule changes at WDW updates. Any further arguments about masks themselves will be deleted. 2 years of arguments about them is enough. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

marymarypoppins

Thanks for the heads up but my question was very appropriate for the discussion. I am sure many are wondering with all of the new data coming out from the CDC if mask will also be dropped by Disney for the non vaccinated. Both of my children are unvaccinated so hoping they can go mask less in June.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Thanks for the heads up but my question was very appropriate for the discussion. I am sure many or wondering if in light of all the new data coming out form the CDC if mask will also be dropped by Disney for the non vaccinated. Both of my children are unvaccinated so hoping they can go mask less in June.
Should probably wait to see what the CDC says today, first. I’ve yet to hear anyone suggest it’s appropriate for the unvaxxed to go mask-less in indoor public spaces. We shall see if that changes.

During omicron, it was, “get vaccinated AND wear a mask.” Now, I imagine it will change to “get vaccinated.”

correcaminos

Thanks for the heads up but my question was very appropriate for the discussion. I am sure many are wondering with all of the new data coming out from the CDC if mask will also be dropped by Disney for the non vaccinated. Both of my children are unvaccinated so hoping they can go mask less in June.
You might want to see what's removed. However I would either vaccinate your kids or plan for masks. Who knows what will change but it is wise to be prepared. I don't expect the fed mandate to change so I plan for masks on transportation. It could all change but wiser to plan for extra stuff to pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom