News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail65

Are Cast Members still required to wear them inside, or is it their choice?
It must be their choice because what I saw day before yesterday was 50/50, one worker standing next another, one masked one not.

My FL neighbor told me she believes 90% or more of her coworkers at WDW are vaccinated, she is on year 35 at Disney.

MagicHappens1971

It must be their choice because what I saw day before yesterday was 50/50, one worker standing next another, one masked one not.

My FL neighbor told me she believes 90% or more of her coworkers at WDW are vaccinated, she is on year 35 at Disney.
I believe Chapek announced that about 90% of the WDW cast is vaccinated. It was a requirement to work there until about DeSantis starting fighting allowing employers to make vaccine mandates

correcaminos

Meanwhile, just last week we were sternly told to put on your mask just after they finished telling us as we prepared to board that they weren’t required on outside seating in front or back of the boat from WL to MK. The weather was great so we wanted to sit out front. They neglected to inform us that it was needed for the 6 feet we walked through the boat to get to our seat. That being said, the return trip it wasn’t an issue so I’m honestly not sure what the official rule is at this point for resort transport.

Edit: Yes, we put on our masks and didn’t make a fuss or even say anything about it but still thought it was kinda silly
Weirdly inconsistent for sure. I did not wear a mask going from MK to WL in Nov.... not a small boat either.

disneygeek90

My friend and I were at the parks over the weekend. Neither of us have had covid but have been at the parks plenty over the past two years. Overall did not like the feeling of so many being indoors maskless. We were wearing ours when inside.

My friend just tested positive. So... there's that.

Trauma

My friend and I were at the parks over the weekend. Neither of us have had covid but have been at the parks plenty over the past two years. Overall did not like the feeling of so many being indoors maskless. We were wearing ours when inside.

Good for you, doing what makes you feel comfortable.

Sorry it didn’t work out for your friend.

Trauma

That's the problem though. It doesn't really make me feel a whole lot more comfortable.
Ok I get your point. That sucks.

All I can tell you is for me personally it wasn’t that bad after 3 Moderna injections.

I know that is of little comfort to someone who wants to avoid it entirely.

Maybe try somewhere with less packed environments until you feel more comfortable around people?

Hope it all works out for you.

correcaminos

To me this is always a risk - will I be out in public and be pre-symptomatic. Given the time, hopefully they were not. Though if yes, with your friend wearing the mask hopefully they're not spreading as much when in the parks this weekend. And hopefully you remain negative. Hope they feel better soon.

I'm leaving it up to my kid on masks. It's a mental hurdle when used to wearing so much.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Ok I get your point. That sucks.

All I can tell you is for me personally it wasn’t that bad after 3 Moderna injections.

I know that is of little comfort to someone who wants to avoid it entirely.

Maybe try somewhere with less packed environments until you feel more comfortable around people?

Hope it all works out for you.
It's just disappointing how quickly this was lifted. I'm more concerned about spreading it to others than I am actually getting it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok... So the both of you were wearing masks, but your friend is now positive.
This can tell us something about how effective/ineffective personal mask use is.
Also, I'm assuming (and hope) your friend is ok as you didn't say anything about your friend being ill - you merely said positive.
I see good in that.

"Please limit posts to any mask rule changes at WDW updates. Any further arguments about masks themselves will be deleted. 2 years of arguments about them is enough. Thank you."

The Mom

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney4Lyfe

This is so sad. I will put your friend in my prayers.

Disney4Lyfe

Does anyone think the mask mandate will be back before April? I am supposed to go to Walt Disney World, but now I am not so sure. Why is no one wearing masks anymore? Only 1% of guests? That does not make sense to me.

ToTBellHop

Does anyone think the mask mandate will be back before April? I am supposed to go to Walt Disney World, but now I am not so sure. Why is no one wearing masks anymore? Only 1% of guests? That does not make sense to me.
No I don’t expect it to return. I can’t speak for anyone else, but my entire family is vaccinated, so we will only wear masks on transportation…because those are the rules.

DisneyCane

Especially after they reversed course so quickly last time, I don't think they would have removed the requirement if there was any thought of bringing it back pretty much ever.

Maybe if a variant shows up that is as contagious as Omicron, as deadly as Delta and evades the vaccines with respect to prevention of serious illness they will but, barring something like that, I don't think there will ever be a mask requirement at WDW again.

As to why nobody is wearing them at WDW, it's because the overwhelming majority of people who feel "safe" going to WDW in the first place don't want to wear a mask while there.

Trauma

Obviously moving forward in life masking will be a normal part of society. Some will still choose to mask and I respect that choice.

A mask does cover up a good portion of your face depending on the style of mask.

I wonder if Disney will loosed up its Halloween costume rules?

Clearly I understand the difference between a costume mask and a face mask, but why not let people get a little more creative for Halloween?

Touchdown

People cases are falling quickly all over the world and especially in the United States, if things reverse and get bad again then masks may come back but we don’t have any idea if/when that happens. So long as the drop continues, things are good. Decisions like this should be based on science, and for the first time in a very long time cases are falling at a very quick rate.
4C4D8EB4-C326-400E-852B-80E7BF6BD3EE.jpeg
Worldwide numbers
E50FDC15-5E84-405D-8867-FE3FF002862C.jpeg
USA numbers
BD7D986B-CC78-4AFB-9079-5E03383E8FC6.jpeg
Florida numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom