News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQ

Not sure it will get that far. We're 3 weeks out from dropping. What's the point? I see no signs it will be extended.
Rochelle Walensky just dodged answering the question on whether or not the CDC will recommend extending the public transit mask rules beyond the March expiration date on today's CDC telebriefing. Just said "We'll be revisiting that in the coming weeks"

correcaminos

Rochelle Walensky just dodged answering the question on whether or not the CDC will recommend extending the public transit mask rules beyond the March expiration date on today's CDC telebriefing. Just said "We'll be revisiting that in the coming weeks"
How stupid is that? In the coming weeks is literally when it ends. Many articles I have read have explained why you need to give people time to know changes. That's primo spring break for many places... can't keep waiting.

Heelz2315

Where can we find the updated guidance? I’d like to see who’s in what category

correcaminos

Do we think Disney will reinstitute their mandate as a result? Hopefully they don’t.
I doubt it. Cases and I thought I saw that hospitalizations are dropping.

We also have to realize that a good portion of the people traveling to the parks live in different areas. My area is medium but from the data I've seen quickly heading towards low. We still have mandates here.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if this causes many to lift.

Heelz2315

Do we think Disney will reinstitute their mandate as a result? Hopefully they don’t.
If they change it back I’m gonna be hella ed!!!! I’d have to cancel yet another trip. I planned it last weekend after they dropped the masks. I’ve been waiting to go back and not wear a mask. I missed my window last summer

ToTBellHop

I doubt it. Cases and I thought I saw that hospitalizations are dropping.

We also have to realize that a good portion of the people traveling to the parks live in different areas. My area is medium but from the data I've seen quickly heading towards low. We still have mandates here.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if this causes many to lift.
Also, the daily average is Orange County is about half what it was when they announced the mandate was ending last week, and will presumably fall further. They certainly won’t bring the mandate back for a week.

G00fyDad

How stupid is that? In the coming weeks is literally when it ends. Many articles I have read have explained why you need to give people time to know changes. That's primo spring break for many places... can't keep waiting.
I get your frustration and I can almost promise you they're going to end it as scheduled. But she would be incredibly irresponsible and commit career suicide if she gave a definitive answer right now before it was 100% decided by those above her. She gave the best answer she could give whether we like it or not. I'd like to guarantee you it's going to end when everybody says it's going to end but if she confirmed that then she would be crucified if they somehow and for some reason decided to extend it again.

correcaminos

I get your frustration and I can almost promise you they're going to end it as scheduled. But she would be incredibly irresponsible and commit career suicide if she gave a definitive answer right now before it was 100% decided by those above her. She gave the best answer she could give whether we like it or not. I'd like to guarantee you it's going to end when everybody says it's going to end but if she confirmed that then she would be crucified if they somehow and for some reason decided to extend it again.
It actually doesn't personally affect me. My next trip is under the mandate so extension or not, I'm there. I find it irresponsible tbh to not allow people to plan is all. I get your point though.

TehPuddingMan

701F2D6E-866E-4C67-9DDF-99B852D89A73.png

Disney should be able to remove masks from buses after today. Let’s see if that happens.

DisneyCane

Unless I'm missing it, I don't think it lets you see the data for each individual county that feeds into the metrics. The old case rate based map showed the data for the county if you clicked on it.
Interestingly, Orange County is still red, which means indoor masks.
Since they use the highest single metric to determine, one of the metrics could be over by 0.1 and it makes it red. Without seeing the data, we can't really tell.

I also don't see if it is considering somebody a COVID patient if they are in the hospital and test positive or if they are only counting people in the hospital due to COVID. If it is the former then they've basically kept the old case rate based metric in a new form because whatever percentage of the population is positive you'd expect around the same percentage of people who go to the hospital for anything to test positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom