News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicRays

You haven’t been here very long, have you? There were pages and pages of discussion (different thread) about people not being able to tell whether they are inside or outside.
If there is one thing we can all agree on, it's that even simple words take on an Escher sized meaning at Disney World.

Trauma

I live in the city too. I thought you avoided it? I'm telling you, there was never a masking issue here. Maybe a nose out here and there, but nothing like the suburbs. (I thought you weren't insulted? )

Say what you want, but I was in it, the whole time. People here did good.
I’m not insulted at all.

Just seemed like a weird thing to say when a giant music festival is happening for no good reason.

Maybe you guys would feel safer without the masks once your better vaccinated.

At least one thing we got right in the burbs

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t understand the mask on in outdoor queues thing either.

How is an outdoor queues any different than fireworks or any other crowded area.

It’s weird but it’s the rules they made.
Which is why it seems more of a partial facade than helping with real health safety. Don’t tell us we are more at risk in line at slinky dog than we are at rope drop, in line at a bus stop, or standing next to everyone for fireworks

then again it’s like walking from the restaurant to your table. As soon as you get your food it seems like covid is all of a sudden no risk

CosmicRays

How is an outdoor queues any different than fireworks or any other crowded area.

I think its for simplicity- alot easier to understand "masking in queue" in relation to a ride that may or may not start inside.

Trauma

You haven’t been here very long, have you? There were pages and pages of discussion (different thread) about people not being able to tell whether they are inside or outside.
I don’t believe that people don’t know the difference.

If they break the rules just remove them and they will figure it out quick enough.

dreday3

I’m not insulted at all.

Just seemed like a weird thing to say when a giant music festival is happening for no good reason.

Maybe you guys would feel safer without the masks once your better vaccinated.

At least one thing we got right in the burbs

You definitely belong there. :)

Can't reply anymore, I'm outside and the music is deafening, the booze is about to be flowing, and I was told I was allowed one more post - this was it. (admittedly, not my finest)

goodnight all!

StarWarsGirl

The thing that irks me is I know some who recovered from covid and still refuse to wear a mask and refuse to be vaccinated.
The unmasked thing irks me more than anything. I can (sorta) understand waiting a few months after having covid to get the vaccine. A friend had some nasty side effects from the vaccine when he got it right after recovering. Another friend got pregnant and had covid prior to the vaccine being available. She opted to wait until after she had her baby to get her vaccine, and her doctor okay'ed that decision. But she wore a mask when she wasn't vaccinated. Which is what you should be doing if you're not vaccinated for whatever reason.

Trauma

You definitely belong there. :)

Can't reply anymore, I'm outside and the music is deafening, the booze is about to be flowing, and I was told I was allowed one more post - this was it. (admittedly, not my finest)

goodnight all!
Have fun!

Make sure you wear a mask !!

Hate to see you have too much fun 🤩

Goodnight

CTC

You can still get CoVid outside if you are in close enough contact. Rare, yes, but why take chances with delta?

So without social distancing on a line for an attraction, it is better safe than sorry.

Trauma

You can still get CoVid outside if you are in close enough contact. Rare, yes, but why take chances with delta?

So without social distancing on a line for an attraction, it is better safe than sorry.
Sure.

No one at any point is stopping you from wearing a mask.

Why do we keep pretending that personal choice does not exist.

If your worried about covid outdoors wear your mask outdoors.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Ok but it doesn’t make sense to do it there and not in line at bus stations, rope drop, vendor cart, etc. if they are truly concerned about covid spreading in their parks. It’s like during this pandemic we have cherry picked where and even when in some cases we think we are protected from covid and where or when we aren’t

Trauma

Ok but it doesn’t make sense to do it there and not in line at bus stations, rope drop, vendor cart, etc. if they are truly concerned about covid spreading in their parks. It’s like during this pandemic we have cherry picked where and even when in some cases we think we are protected from covid and where or when we aren’t
It’s because some have trouble separating an attack on how arbitrary some of the rules are from an attack on masks overall.

I think it’s reasonable to say if we need masks in situation A, and situation B is almost identical not requiring a mask, then we have a problem in defining what we are trying to accomplish.

To say otherwise would suggest there is some intellectual dishonesty taking place and I would very much like to think that’s not the case.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Why is this relevant to Disney.

This is basically where I live and masks are now recommended but not required.

Ive been out all day, shopping out to eat etc.

Maybe 5% of people in masks if I’m being generous.

If they don’t mandate it for everyone it’s basically a no mask zone.

Now what’s the right thing to do is up to debate, but I can say for sure that without a firm mandate masks will not be worn.

In Chicago, down into the city, most are masked. As of the last few days anyways.

But to be fair, our hospitalizations are still very low.
I'm in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago and I would agree I have seen more people wearing masks the last few days, but when out today I would say at best 50 percent.

correcaminos

The one tricky thing I’ve seen about the current policy is defining where masks start being required. Some outdoor extended queues require masks, while others don’t. Even some instances where you still don’t need it after passing under the marquee. I know it’s hot, but for simplicity, I wish they would just make masks required from the start of the line for an attraction, regardless of where it is.
I think the way it worked in June when we were there was just fine. A CM will remind you when you need to mask if needed, but it really isn't that difficult in practice to follow.

Trauma

I think the way it worked in June when we were there was just fine. A CM will remind you when you need to mask if needed, but it really isn't that difficult in practice to follow.
No one was saying to was difficult.

We were questioning why it includes outdoor portions of a que

They could just as easily have a CM remind you at the entrance to the “inside”.

This is a minor thing anyways, it’s just weird and less than comfortable in the summer heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom