News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

The one tricky thing I’ve seen about the current policy is defining where masks start being required. Some outdoor extended queues require masks, while others don’t. Even some instances where you still don’t need it after passing under the marquee. I know it’s hot, but for simplicity, I wish they would just make masks required from the start of the line for an attraction, regardless of where it is.
Why that ?

Isn’t it easier to understand and more practical to say - Indoors

I think most people understand what Indoors means.

dreday3

Why is this relevant to Disney.

This is basically where I live and masks are now recommended but not required.

Ive been out all day, shopping out to eat etc.

Maybe 5% of people in masks if I’m being generous.

If they don’t mandate it for everyone it’s basically a no mask zone.

Now what’s the right thing to do is up to debate, but I can say for sure that without a firm mandate masks will not be worn.

In Chicago, down into the city, most are masked. As of the last few days anyways.

But to be fair, our hospitalizations are still very low.

disneygeek90

The one tricky thing I’ve seen about the current policy is defining where masks start being required. Some outdoor extended queues require masks, while others don’t. Even some instances where you still don’t need it after passing under the marquee. I know it’s hot, but for simplicity, I wish they would just make masks required from the start of the line for an attraction, regardless of where it is.
Where have you seen them required in extended queues? It was actual entrances for everything I went to today.

Nubs70

The mRNA ones certainly do a better job, which I’m sure is part of why Lambda is labeled a Variant of Interest instead of a Variant of Concern. But the thing is, the Chinese vaccine in Chile had one of the highest acceptance rates in the world. It was highly effective against the original virus and Alpha. Lambda figured how to game it.

Did you ever see WarGames, where the supercomputer is trying every possible launch code to set off all the US nuclear missiles? That’s not too dissimilar to what’s happening here. Our vaccine is better, but Delta has already dented its remarkable effectiveness. And it’ll keep going. According to the University of Washington, they’ve discovered that every single variant we have now descends from a *single mutation.* And that’s led to chaos.

It’s not like the mutation needs to transform the virus into a completely different thing. All it needs to do is find the right mutation in a spike protein. If the virus finds it, cells won’t have the blueprints from the mRNA vaccine to detect the virus. That is not such a fantastically unlikely possibility.

Hey, I want people to get vaccines in bulk numbers too. But right now, we’re in a situation where we need to blunt the impact and slow transmission and mutations as much as possible. In every region of the planet, until we can get global vax numbers in that 75-80 percent range. Seatbelts AND airbags.

Masks, masks, masks. Especially in high traffic areas like Walt Disney World and all those human targets.

Anyway, that’s the last I‘m gonna talk abt the virus in general. Would love to continue over in the general thread but lost privileges last year, so anyway. I believe in masks and I believe in the mask policy at WDW.
"Antibody-dependent enhancement of virus infection and disease - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12725690/

Trauma

In Chicago, down into the city, most are masked. As of the last few days anyways.

But to be fair, our hospitalizations are still very low.
I avoid the city at all costs so I have no idea.

My reports today come from Oak Brook mall
Hinsdale area and downtown La Grange.

Basically no masks inside or out.

celluloid

Honest question:

Are the recently returned preshow rooms such as The Haunted Mansion Stretching rooms(I presume more preshows had returned along with that) back to being constantly open for guest flow?

If those are operational with masks, that tells you the concern compared to before is likely not that high otherwise it would be back to both.

Trauma

1627773828370.jpeg

So this crowd is mostly masked you would say?

Hint: It’s not

dreday3

When presented with facts always resort to insults !!

😃

You first insulted my intelligence by attempting to show a picture of Lollapalooza and say it's actually representative of real Chicago.
Only a tourist would think that.
(and by the way, Lollapalooza now requires indoor masking)

I repeat, the good people of Chicago have always been excellent about masking. And we still are.
And if we go to Disney, we'll mask there! (bringing it back to topic :D )

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Is there anything marked where it begins? From what I’ve read it is for ALL attractions indoor or out and as soon as you enter

I’m sure the outdoor queues and rides are run with a mask this time of year

Trauma

You first insulted my intelligence by attempting to show a picture of Lollapalooza and say it's actually representative of Chicago.
Only a tourist would think that.

I repeat, the good people of Chicago have always been excellent about masking. And we still are.
You know I live here and my eyes are not broken.

I guess if I assume all the maskless people are from out of town that would make me feel better.

dreday3

You know I live here and my eyes are not broken.

I guess if I assume all the maskless people are from out of town that would make me feel better.

I live in the city too. I thought you avoided it? I'm telling you, there was never a masking issue here. Maybe a nose out here and there, but nothing like the suburbs. (I thought you weren't insulted? )

Say what you want, but I was in it, the whole time. People here did good.

Trauma

Is there anything marked where it begins? From what I’ve read it is for ALL attractions indoor or out and as soon as you enter

I’m sure the outdoor queues and rides are run with a mask this time of year
I don’t understand the mask on in outdoor queues thing either.

How is an outdoor queues any different than fireworks or any other crowded area.

It’s weird but it’s the rules they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom