News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

relic827

Bring on the vaccine passports. If you needed to be vaxxed to do certain things, more people would be vaxxed and we would have less of an issue on our hands.
Even most of the people I know who “refuse” to get vaccinated have said they’ll do it if/when they have to. I imagine this is not an unpopular sentiment. Though I always ask them what’s the point of waiting until you have to? Wouldn’t you rather choose?

Chi84

Premium Member
It seems to me that spikes and surges may be with us for some time to come. It will be interesting to see how Disney responds to the current one. I highly doubt they would just go to a "recommendation" as opposed to a requirement for indoor masks, but they may treat it more as a temporary emergency measure that could change with the circumstances than a hard policy change. I expect to hear announcements and reminders, but I highly doubt people are going to be thrown out of the parks anymore unless they are being outright belligerent. The availability of vaccines has changed a lot of people's attitudes toward masks. People who supported them wholeheartedly when they were all we had are questioning how much good they do under current circumstances.

If I were traveling to a theme park these days, I would plan to be flexible enough to respond to whatever temporary measures are put in place. There's no way I would be planning that once-in-a-lifetime trip with the way things are now.

castlecake2.0

They are determining that. I wouldn’t expect Carpets, for example. Jungle Cruise? I don’t know. It’s outdoors but you aren’t distanced at all. This is why they have not immediately responded, but it’s in the works. Some things are straightforward. Space Mountain as you enter the building, for example.
It seems like the easiest thing would be requiring them on every attraction

mikejs78

Premium Member
Just because you don’t appreciate the point doesn’t make something pointless. Gottlieb thinks even a relatively small number of lives saved is “pointless”? How did he become a doctor? Or does he have a Doctorate in Horticulture?
Gottlieb is generally good but there are other equally good people who do think the CDC guidance will make a difference.

Hawg G

I agree.
But the unvaccinated are also taxing out heathcare systems and potentially allowing more mutations. So it's in all of our best interests to see spread slowed. And the way to do that is masks. And since the Gov won't let Disney treat people differently based on Vax status...

But yeah, it's not fair that those of us who did everything we were supposed to continue to have to do this.

Then smoking/vaping should be illegal tomorrow.
The border should be completely sealed tomorrow, as many coming here are infected.
Lot's of things are a bigger risk to your health than people who haven't taken an experimental drug for a virus that may be spiking in CASES, although cases was always a nebulous number as the tests were not being given randomly. However, DEATHS are not spiking. Increasing, yes, spiking, no.

seascape

Okay, I give up. 22 states including DC are still in single digits. That means 29 states are now in double digits! I WAS WRONG, I THOUGHT THIS WAS OVER BUT IT'S NOT! I don't like being wrong but then again the cause of this new wave is that too many people didn't get vaccinated. Now, according to the CDC we are lucky that Covid19 still hasn't mutated enough to be resistant to the vaccines but that will eventually change is we don't kill it now!!!! TAKE THE SHOT OR RISK BEING THE CAUSE OF A MUTATION THAT IS RESISTANT!

celluloid

Imaigne a world where we were ok with wearing
They are determining that. I wouldn’t expect Carpets, for example. Jungle Cruise? I don’t know. It’s outdoors but you aren’t distanced at all. This is why they have not immediately responded, but it’s in the works. Some things are straightforward. Space Mountain as you enter the building, for example.

I imagine the Disney College Program housing that had people returning is not so straight forward.

dreday3

We just got another box of (colorful) disposable masks from Amazon. We have a LOT for October. :D

But I think things will be better by October/mid-October - as in cases way down in Florida, masks being back to recommended.
Remember, it's only in high transmission areas. So while it's high in Florida now, it may be low in a couple months and higher somewhere else.

danv3

I imagine the Disney College Program housing that had people returning is not so straight forward.
It's straightforward in one way: Disney could require its employees to be vaccinated (subject to accommodation for disabilities and religious reasons). Not saying they will or that they want to. But they could do that.

I actually think that's what the government really wants here...employer-based mandates, which we're just now starting to see.

celluloid

If we mask indoors but not mask outdoors when on top of each other for fireworks I’m having trouble seeing the logic there other than safety theater
Cycled air is huge with particles. The same way most people transfer germs very easily on planes. You can wear the covering in both situations, the strong recommendation is indoors. You are more than welcome to go above and beyond a smarter move, but don't use the recommendation as an excuse to be less.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Then smoking/vaping should be illegal tomorrow.
The border should be completely sealed tomorrow, as many coming here are infected.
Lot's of things are a bigger risk to your health than people who haven't taken an experimental drug for a virus that may be spiking in CASES, although cases was always a nebulous number as the tests were not being given randomly. However, DEATHS are not spiking. Increasing, yes, spiking, no.

I don’t understand the logic behind not closing the borders if this country is so worried about public health and covid transmission? We want everyone to mask again which may only have minimal affect but those coming across the border without being tested and shipped all over the country is ok

remember this delta variant did not originate in the US 🤷🏼‍♂️

celluloid

It's straightforward in one way: Disney could require its employees to be vaccinated (subject to accommodation for disabilities and religious reasons). Not saying they will or that they want to. But they could do that.

I actually think that's what the government really wants here...employer-based mandates, which we're just now starting to see.

It is my understanding that the college program has already started a return this last month. So I am interested to see what they actually do for those that returned and are multiple people form different places living in one roof and interacting with others...in the college program way.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I think that's the only way we get out of this mess.

Wendy Pleakley

We just got another box of (colorful) disposable masks from Amazon. We have a LOT for October. :D

But I think things will be better by October/mid-October - as in cases way down in Florida, masks being back to recommended.
Remember, it's only in high transmission areas. So while it's high in Florida now, it may be low in a couple months and higher somewhere else.

I think most of us thought things would be better by NOW due to vaccine availability.

I'm skeptical Florida or anywhere in the USA will ever get a full handle on this.

I'd be all for vaccine passports or closing down theme parks until people wise up and get jabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom