News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

So interesting to see the different perspectives. Here in Northern Virginia, all mitigations, including mask mandates, have ended for vaccinated individuals. Our case rates are extremely low. And our population is highly vaccinated. Yet, I have not yet seen ANYONE in any store without a mask. I'm sure that will change eventually, but it will go out with a whimper rather than a bang.
Visiting NoVA the area struck me as a high income earners and well educated bunch so it does not surprise me with the residents still wearing a mask.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

matt9112

Temperature checks were one of the measures I liked.
Keeps people who are actually sick (yes I'm aware of asymptomatic transmission) out.
Out of theme parks.
Out of the work place.
Out of some other businesses.
But you mentioned it....it actually dosen't? If can curb it yes
Dumb. Not quite as dumb as I am but the bar isn't high.

Imho the vax rate is already high enough to stop a huge portion of the potential transmission. If it wasnt florida would be getting wrecked...but the issue is...were not...we haven't been. We had no state mandates...we hardly shut down ever...

matt9112

Sea world is the forgotten child. They could’ve opened without masks, no one wouldve cared except for youtubers and news outlets to get some clicks.

You might be right...but until a few a
Weeks ago they had the best roller coaster in orlando sooooo.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Removing the social stigma around wearing masks when medically appropriate may be the one good thing to come from all of this.

I know that previously, I felt silly even going into my Dr. office with a mask on when they had them outside the door to wear with a sign stating to put one on if you felt sick before entering (pre-covid).

Now, I wouldn't think twice about wearing one when I've got a cold and I doubt that it would bother people in stores or anywhere else to see people wearing them going forward simply because the idea has to some extent now been normalized in this part of the world.
I took the commuter rail to work in the before times. I eventually will again, and in that scenario I can see myself wearing a mask on the train during cold and flu season. I enjoyed not getting sick this year....

JusticeDisney

Anyone who thinks that a mask mandate infringes on their rights has zero understanding of the constitution.

That said, I fully support the complete elimination of masks at this point. For better or for worse, we have come about as far as we are going to come with vaccinations (I understand that kids are still going to be vaccinated in the coming months, so we are not all the way there yet). The way I see it is vaccinated people are pretty well protected and unvaccinated people will have to deal with what they have to deal with. In addition, anyone - vaccinated or not - should absolutely feel free and comfortable to wear a mask anywhere and anytime they want.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Anyone who thinks that a mask mandate infringes on their rights has zero understanding of the constitution.

That said, I fully support the complete elimination of masks at this point. For better or for worse, we have come about as far as we are going to come with vaccinations (I understand that kids are still going to be vaccinated in the coming months, so we are not all the way there yet). The way I see it is vaccinated people are pretty well protected and unvaccinated people will have to deal with what they have to deal with. In addition, anyone - vaccinated or not - should absolutely feel free and comfortable to wear a mask anywhere and anytime they want.
I still think this does a disservice to kids. Masks protect mostly the wearer from spreading infections and kids aren't vaccinated yet.

I think a reasonable compromise might have been to keep mask mandates in place at essential businesses, ones that parents had to take their kids to, for example the grocery store, clothing retail stores, etc, but entertainment venues that are more optional could go mask free like movie theaters, bars and restaurants, etc

Once kids get eligibility this fall, then that's when you can lift all the mandates.

JusticeDisney

I still think this does a disservice to kids. Masks protect mostly the wearer from spreading infections and kids aren't vaccinated yet.

I think a reasonable compromise might have been to keep mask mandates in place at essential businesses, ones that parents had to take their kids to, for example the grocery store, clothing retail stores, etc, but entertainment venues that are more optional could go mask free like movie theaters, bars and restaurants, etc

Once kids get eligibility this fall, then that's when you can lift all the mandates.
Very fair points. Hard for me to argue.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Thank goodness for theme park competition in Central Florida! Universal removing all mask requirements puts all the pressure on Disney. My prediction is by next weekend Disney will remove the mask requirement altogether for vaccinated guests.
I hope not for my friend. They are stressing about this as they have an upcoming trip in June and are not comfortable with a no mask policy because of their kids.

CLEtoWDW

I hope not for my friend. They are stressing about this as they have an upcoming trip in June and are not comfortable with a no mask policy because of their kids.
That’s a valid point. Obviously most kids are not vaccinated as they are not yet approved via the FDA. That being said I firmly believe that kids shouldn’t have to mask anyways because there is very little proof they spread the virus. Per Dr. Scott Gottlieb yesterday on CNBC there really isn’t much of a point in requiring kids to mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom