News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this has been asked.

I read that they are now loading more than one party for gondolas. Do they require masks for that? Also, we weren't allowed to take buses from pop century to HS/EP during our trip that we returned from a week ago. We had to take the gondolas. I hope they offer buses again because some people are afraid of heights. It was odd not having an option. I still get jittery on the gondola myself lol.
Yes masks are required on all transport.

Incomudro

I can see this going either way:
The argument can be made that you should only wear a mask if you are actively sick, so we shouldn't allow masks in public places, as that indicates a person is sick. But you would need to make exceptions to the rule for those who are immunocompromised and need to wear actual, properly fitted medical grade masks to protect themselves.

As you can see, there is a problem with needing to make exceptions, so it could be allowed, but strictly voluntary.

Which way will it go? It really depends on what the public will accept. Masks have presented a lot of other issues, including spreading certain diseases themselves by their very nature and a lot of issues for law enforcement. So, the opinions may go either way.

Honestly, I think we would have been better off keeping the temperature checks, which might not have done much for COVID, but they would catch other things like the Flu.

But what I don't see is the public ever accepting mandatory mask mandates again, instead they will insist that everyone take responsibility for themselves. I could be proven wrong, but really hope I am not on this last point.
Temperature checks were one of the measures I liked.
Keeps people who are actually sick (yes I'm aware of asymptomatic transmission) out.
Out of theme parks.
Out of the work place.
Out of some other businesses.

mickeymiss

Masks are still currently required in all indoor situations and on all Disney transportation options.
Thanks. I noticed they weren't enforcing masks in the gondola queue or in the gondolas when we were there a week ago. I didn't know if they would enforce it more now that other people will board together. I didn't see very many people wearing masks in the line or as they boarded.

Incomudro

All those poor doctors and nurses who wind up with diseases from the masks they have to wear during surgery.

Next time you are having surgery, tell your surgical team it's ok if they don't wear a mask.
Yes, but - they do apply and remove those masks properly - and dispose of them.
They don't wear the same one day after day, week after week, put on and taken off with hands that have touched everything else...

Ripken10

Earlier someone posted that there was a post somewhere that Universal was removing mask requirement indoors on Saturday (tomorrow) but there was no confirmation from Universal at the time. I still haven't seen anything officially stating this. Has it been officially announced or is it still just a non-official website?

mickeymiss

Keeps people who are actually sick (yes I'm aware of asymptomatic transmission) out.
Out of theme parks.
Out of the work place.
Not going to lie. That was reassuring to me too. We returned a week ago from Disney and only had one temperature check Friday before they were removed. We also were present on the first day of masks being removed outside. It was strange but fine. We kept ours on in hopes to avoid getting sick in general. Lots of people had nasty sounding coughs so no regrets. I didn't see anyone abuse the rule indoors except one family that didn't seem to realize and put them on later. Disney is certainly getting back to normal slowly. It's hard for germaphobes. I liked the safety measures but it's not realistic for a place like Disney long term. I'm impressed by all they did do. Knock on wood but my family has been healthy. We are Day 5 post trip and we didn't get sick for our trip last August either.

PirateFrank

Earlier someone posted that there was a post somewhere that Universal was removing mask requirement indoors on Saturday (tomorrow) but there was no confirmation from Universal at the time. I still haven't seen anything officially stating this. Has it been officially announced or is it still just a non-official website?

Chances are they are waiting until late friday afternoon to make the announcement, both to get the news out to TMs and avoid people currently in the park from seeing the news on twitter and tearing their masks off friday evening. It's probably happen anyway...

correcaminos

Out of theme parks.
Out of the work place.
My issue with that is that people can take meds to hide it. Also a fever can come up later. That's exactly how covid hit my aunt's LTC facility. Worker was feeling okay and temp check fine. Then a few hours later was fevered and ill. Never thought they were helpful.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the new UO mask guidelines -

IMG_D123F03F5D83-1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom