News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioriz

The confusing thing for me has been remembering to mask up in outdoor queues...I get it but not really...it should be mask off until you reach the inside of a building, for now

Giss Neric

What? Disney never forbid masks on guests. I would often see Asian guests wearing them at WDW
It's second nature for Asians in general to wear masks when they have colds or when they are going to places where there are a lot of air pollution which is a problem is most Asian countries. They are most likely the ones who adapted the easiest during this pandemic and unfortunately got the most blame. #stopasianhate.

Back to regular programming...

stevebwv

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say “let’s wait until after Memorial Day Weekend”.
Why not wait until after the following weekend? Or the next? Why not just leave the mandate in place as there is always a deadly communicable disease spreading? Why follow the Science at all? Why even bother putting up a metric, even a nonsensical one, when it will simply be ignored? Why not just take a poll and ask if people are still scared?

Not only is it perfectly reasonable for a government official to do what they said they will do it should be demanded of them. But hey, the Science, right?

ToTBellHop

Why not wait until after the following weekend? Or the next? Why not just leave the mandate in place as there is always a deadly communicable disease spreading? Why follow the Science at all? Why even bother putting up a metric, even a nonsensical one, when it will simply be ignored? Why not just take a poll and ask if people are still scared?

Not only is it perfectly reasonable for a government official to do what they said they will do it should be demanded of them. But hey, the Science, right?
Thank goodness you aren’t the mayor, but for someone who claims to want “freedom,” you sure do spend a lot of time telling other people what to do.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Just about all government mandates for masks (outside of special indoor spaces such as health care facilities) have now been dropped. New Jersey, one of the most stringent states for mask mandates has just dropped theirs.

The conspiracy that there was a cabal attempting to brainwash the public into unquestioning obeisance through masks mandates was just that: a crazy conspiracy.

Maybe people's push for the wearing of masks was based on something other than a crazy conspiracy... maybe it was just a response to a world wide pandemic.

Besides, the secret society pulling all the strings wants to know exactly who you are at all times and the facial recognition their low earth orbit satellites use has been hampered by the wearing of masks since day one so the real conspiracy has always been getting people to fight the wearing of masks from the start. :oops:

Now that I've done my part to feed/poke the trolls, I'm just as happy as everyone else that we're getting to a turning point on all of this.

Last edited:

correcaminos

It's second nature for Asians in general to wear masks when they have colds or when they are going to places where there are a lot of air pollution which is a problem is most Asian countries. They are most likely the ones who adapted the easiest during this pandemic and unfortunately got the most blame. #stopasianhate.

Back to regular programming...
Which is why we're more likely to see them wear one at WDW. While I am against racism completely jumping to stopasianhate for that felt like a jump. Asians absolutely were and are targeted for covid, but not at all for the mask wearing. If anything we should learn mask practices from certain regions of the world.

Giss Neric

Which is why we're more likely to see them wear one at WDW. While I am against racism completely jumping to stopasianhate for that felt like a jump. Asians absolutely were and are targeted for covid, but not at all for the mask wearing. If anything we should learn mask practices from certain regions of the world.
More of like a stretch than a jump but you're right it was unnecessary.

MrPromey

Perhaps the next time you are coughing, sneezing, and feeling yucky but still need to go out, you can put one on. Or if you are visiting someone who feels that way. Or when around someone who has a weak immune system - perhaps in the hospital or in a nursing home? Not wear them all the time, but consider doing so under specific situations.

I hope that people will be more aware about how they can do little things to prevent the spread of illnesses going forward, including protecting themselves and continue to mask - when appropriate - along with more frequent handwashing, etc. I know that I will keep a mask and wipes handy for the next time I'm stuck near someone who is coughing and sneezing. ;)

Removing the social stigma around wearing masks when medically appropriate may be the one good thing to come from all of this.

I know that previously, I felt silly even going into my Dr. office with a mask on when they had them outside the door to wear with a sign stating to put one on if you felt sick before entering (pre-covid).

Now, I wouldn't think twice about wearing one when I've got a cold and I doubt that it would bother people in stores or anywhere else to see people wearing them going forward simply because the idea has to some extent now been normalized in this part of the world.

correcaminos

More of like a stretch than a jump but you're right it was unnecessary.
Somehow stretching doesn't work as well as jumping in context like that, but yet, more appropriate, level. Again I am with you on the sentiment completely.

The idea stands though, those used to practices like that seen in many Asian countries were found in places like WDW now and then. I don't recall anyone singled out at WDW or the airport even for wearing. I always assumed they were immune compromised maybe and felt safer with them, but I tend not to judge those who mask no matter what.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

This is just whataboutism.

Set up a target goal for the removal of masks, then those with no good faith interest in the answer ask:

"What about that goal minus one? What about that goal plus one? Since a target goal isn't much different than that goal plus or minus some arbitrary number I'm pulling out of thin air, then you can never have a clear target goal, and therefore, masks are evil."

Your crazy conspiracy that masks are all about government control and not a response to a world wide pandemic that has killed three and a half million people is falling apart now that mask mandates are being rescinded. And despite that proof that it wasn't a crazy conspiracy all along, you're still trying to come up with fallacious arguments about when masks are mandated or not to show it was a government control issue all along... which it never was.

Just stop it.

Last edited:

tallica

SeaWorld Orlando employees who have been vaccinated for the coronavirus can now take off their masks at work, which makes the park the first major Orlando attraction to loosen the rules for staff.
SeaWorld spokeswoman Lori Cherry confirmed the rule change Tuesday, although she declined to discuss the park’s internal policies further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom