News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyChest

They actually pulled their inside switch two weeks ago...when the new CDC guidance came out. Disney and Universal only dropped outside at the time.
Sea world is the forgotten child. They could’ve opened without masks, no one wouldve cared except for youtubers and news outlets to get some clicks.

ElvisMickey

Sea world is the forgotten child. They could’ve opened without masks, no one wouldve cared except for youtubers and news outlets to get some clicks.
Agreed. I haven't had my AP in a couple of years but I think I'm going to renew. They're 50% off right now. It's nice to go stroll around there once in a while and the tickets are super cheap compared to Disney and Universal.

Parker in NYC

Wow. When Fauci told everyone not to wear masks last March, would you have kept your kids from wearing them because they need to follow the rules?
THESE ARE PRIVATE CORPORATIONS MAKING REQUIREMENTS. How many times does this have to be pointed out? Disney could require masks 'til Doomsday (which, if we made it through 2020 should be somewhat of a relief) if they so choose.

SoFloMagic

Wow. When Fauci told everyone not to wear masks last March, would you have kept your kids from wearing them because they need to follow the rules?
Probably. None of us were wearing them back then. But then the guidance changed. As it has again now. To say that only those who have been fully vaccinated can stop wearing masks in indoor public spaces.

Tom P.

They're not following, they're requesting that guests follow. I personally believe that during a pandemic they have a duty to enforce rather than request compliance.

Make a wristband for anyone who wishes to voluntarily produce a vaccine card. Mask or wristband required inside. Boom. Enforcing cdc guidelines.
Would that be permitted given Florida's current rules about vaccine passports?

Lilofan

SW has struggled with someone to lead them They have has several CEOs come and go over the years.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Question is academic since Fauci never told people not to wear masks (he said at one point that they were not necessary, but not said not to wear them), and there was never a rule in March saying people are not allowed to wear masks.

danv3

Arguably yes if it was optional (i.e., not a requirement to access the goods and services) though perhaps not in line with the spirit of the law.

Lots of uncertainty around that law right now. It's really causing challenges for the cruise lines, for example.

correcaminos

Well that's a nice attempt at twisting. Not wearing masks was about supplies for medical personnel, not that we were prohibited from wearing them. My kid was home from March on and honestly never went out. We did deliveries as to not take masks from medical personnel who needed them. I had an old N95 from doing wood working I used. Then we gave money to a friend's kid who was making them and donating proceeds to charities until supplies allowed us to get better ones. So nice try... we followed what we were told to do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Doesn't sound like it would be a problem...

", may not require patrons or
1124 customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
1125 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
1126 upon, or service from the business operations in this state."

SoFloMagic

I think so. If you'd like to go maskless you can voluntarily present it. But Disney could not require it for access to property.
Edit: I don't think they'd want to ask for vaccination status, just would provide this as an accommodation if guests would like

Tamandua

Question is academic since Fauci never told people not to wear masks (he said at one point that they were not necessary, but not said not to wear them), and there was never a rule in March saying people are not allowed to wear masks.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci says he doesn't regret joining other the Trump administration's other public health experts in advising Americans against wearing masks early on in the COVID-19 pandemic."

Chi84

Premium Member
They're not following, they're requesting that guests follow. I personally believe that during a pandemic they have a duty to enforce rather than request compliance.

Make a wristband for anyone who wishes to voluntarily produce a vaccine card. Mask or wristband required inside. Boom. Enforcing cdc guidelines.
Absent government mandates, businesses have no duty of enforcement. I don't know about other areas, but where I live businesses have shown no interest in taking on the burden of enforcing rules based on vaccination status.

Figment82

I am curious what the 2 to 12 year old will be doing. Will most unmask as well and Universal look other way. Will parents unmask but make their child wear a mask (especially love entertaining this thought when it comes to 2 year old, because at that age they can not comprehend the reasoning they have to wear it but their parents wouldn't).

I am not saying whether I think they should wear masks, just what most will be doing, and what parents of (especially the younger ages) will do.
Universal’s mask policy was always 3 and up. My 2 year old was initially extremely opposed to wearing a mask, so it was nice to have a place to take her every now and then over the past year. I know you’re just giving an example on both ends of the spectrum, but technically it’s a moot point for the 2 year olds where Universal is concerned.

Parker in NYC

Absent government mandates, businesses have no duty of enforcement. I don't know about other areas, but where I live businesses have shown no interest in taking on the burden of enforcing rules based on vaccination status.
Understandable, since dealing with certain customers is emotionally draining and sometimes physically dangerous to enforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom