Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

ExtinctJenn

I'll be the first to admit that there are certain NYSNC and Backstreet Boys songs I'd probably sing along to (in my head) but I'm happy to be out of Boy Bands Annononymous and to be able to say I have zero clue who One Direction is or what song(s) they sing! Hiiiii Jennnnnnn!

Pixiedustmaker

limited is a negative word. To restrict.
if it had been months instead of weeks..
Monthly magic
otherwise, in 2 minutes I thought of:
Moments of magic
Magical weeks
Entertaining events
wdw weekly wonders
anything would have been better.
don't they have people brainstorming this? Like a team of people who should have a thesaurus?

All better names than "Limited Magic", or they could have focused on the nostalgia slant.

Year of Classic Magic
Year of Memorable Magic

The current ad is like an infomercial, "For a limited time only if you come to the Magic Kingdom Mickey will throw in guest appearances with Remy and Little John at no extra charge! Call now, Disney operators are standing by!"

Pixiedustmaker

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I think lots of folks can't get past the name. In fact, I've seen a few posts where people are reading the name and missing the promotion details and assuming "limited time" refers to the length of the promotion (not the fact that it's a ton of little things throughout the year that happen for a limited time). In other words, the name is confusing people so much they aren't reading the good stuff underneath. LOL!

Not a good sign when your promotion confuses people.

pacochran

I hope that it is something new everyweek, we will be there February 5th thru 12th hope something is going on. It is a little confusing.

HM Spectre

Limited Time Magic - "Hey folks, you know those random, magical moments we should be creating anyway as a best practice? Well now we're actually going out of our way to bring them to you! (for a Limited Time™ only) Don't let the vacation of your dreams melt as you hesitate! Don't wait for your Disney experience to turn back into a pumpkin! Book now because before you know it, the magic will be gone!

What a terrible, terrible idea for a slogan. :rolleyes: All kidding aside though, what a great concept. Except for one thing that is... it shouldn't be temporary... it should be what Disney DOES every day. Little magical moments might not be much but just one can be enough to make someone's vacation special... they keep things fresh(er) and they're a big piece of what separates WDW from the rest. I hope that this is a test for a permanent concept and not just another marketing gimmick. The World can always benefit from a little more magic.

The MaD Hatter

Limited Time Magic - "Hey folks, you know those random, magical moments we should be creating anyway as a best practice? Well now we're actually going out of our way to bring them to you! (for a Limited Time™ only) Don't let the vacation of your dreams melt as you hesitate! Don't wait for your Disney experience to turn back into a pumpkin! Book now because before you know it, the magic will be gone!

Exactly! We all talk about the dumbing down of the parks, and now Disney has come up with a year-long promotion that's based on the same strategy McDonald's uses for the McRib. :confused:

WDW1974

If so, someone missed the chance to preempt Universal by characterizing WDW and DLR as the true home of "transformers" in 2013:

Disney's Year of Magical Transformations

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine's Week, as Disney Princes join their Princesses to transform the Magic Kingdom into a kingdom of everlasting love.

Independence Week: Disney Parks honor the transformation of the Thirteen Colonies into the United States of America by bathing Disney castles on both coasts with patriotic lighting.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will transform into starring players in spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate for one day when you could transform into a scalawag for an entire week?

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will transform into the "Original Boy Band" by delivering a medley of hits from One DIrection, *NSYNC, and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar, and other Disney Villains will transform Disneyland park and Disney's Hollywood Studios into their own playgrounds of nighttime mischief on Friday the 13th in September 2013.

Golden Horseshoe and Diamond Horseshoe: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland for one month only. At Walt Disney World, due to overwhelming guest demand, the Diamond Horseshoe will transform permanently into a pin, Vinylmation, and Duffy store.

In short, 2013 will be a prime opportunity to optimize the magic and energize your family with deceptively affordable deals at Disney Parks!

I hereby as the all-knowing, benevolent, Disney-hating Spirit nominate this for WDWMAGIC.com's Post of the Month (grand prize is a 2XL cheap Disney tee from an outlet store with a few $2 vinyls tossed in as well as a certificate good for a personal meet and greet -- two minutes or less -- with Lou Mongello).

Reading this transformed me from gloomy to happy!

WDW1974

Guess I am the only one who thinks the Dapper Dans singing the Boy Bands will be hilariously entertaining. I would stop and watch.

No, I actually do too, but still find it an odd choice. A friend back in the 90s was close with Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys and I got to meet him and hang out a few times and he seemed nice enough, even if I wasn't a big fan of their music (to be fair, I wasn't the target demo).

I wasn't aware who One Direction was until they appeared on SNL last spring and, yes, I will admit it, I found them to be entertaining in a cotton candy/manufactured kinda way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom