Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

Pixiedustmaker

Love the theme but am really not a fan of the name. It makes it seem like the magic is only there during certain periods of the year...

Maybe they could call it the "Rationing the Magic Weeks". For some reason, it makes me think about how they had to ration staples like butter and sugar during World War 2.

Mukta

I hated the campaign name when I first heard it, but today I saw a commercial for it and I can see how it will resonate with people.

It was a family with a teenage girl and that family's 'limited magic' was this week with her while she was 14, because she won't be 14 forever. Making memories in this limited time.

ParentsOf4

Sorry but the 'Limited Time Magic' sounds like a bunch a half-baked ideas that couldn't stand on their own merit so they strung them all together to try to claim that they are somehow related. It seems the only thing they share in common are "limited-edition collectibles" (i.e. come spend your money) and more meet-and-greets.

What a horrible byline: 'Limited Time Magic' - "You better hurry up and get to WDW because soon all the magic will be gone."

nytimez

I hated the campaign name when I first heard it, but today I saw a commercial for it and I can see how it will resonate with people.

It was a family with a teenage girl and that family's 'limited magic' was this week with her while she was 14, because she won't be 14 forever. Making memories in this limited time.

It's not likes she's going to vanish on her birthday -- presumably, she'll turn 15. Look, I get the concept and I think most people here do. That's not (entirely) the problem. It's the name itself. Even if you want to focus on transforming a limited period of time into a lasting memory there are other ways to express it in three or four short words that aren't as open to alternate interpretations.

I feel like this is yet another of Disneys promotions that's just so blatantly out of touch, much like their last few. It just reeks desperation to me to the point that you have to wonder, why bother?

I can't wait to walk right down the middle of main street USA and hear the dapper dans belt out a stunning rendition of, ”Bye Bye Bye.” Now if its confirmed that they'll also be performing, ”I want it that way” then that's definitely something to plan a vacation for!

menamechris

I agree. I have watched a couple of the commercials - and I get it. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Is it genius? No. Will it encourage a few thousand families to make trips to Disney? Absolutely.

I think we sometimes forget that these campaigns aren't targeted for us. We are already going to Disney. We get whatever "extra" is being offered with the campaign. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I really think we should be applauding Disney for putting something together that at least takes a certain level of creativity and pushes different entertainment in the parks. My hope is that it will create good habits and ideas with regard to the parks that will continue long after 2013....

luv

Now they're proudly advertising that the magic is limited. I should have a fainting couch so that I could dramatically fall on it.

I know I'm alone in this, but I really think Disney is gearing up to get rid of fantastic fireworks in the MK. Have been thinking that since they started the castle projection shows. I think the new night show will have limited fireworks. And I think plugging the fact that they'll have great ones for July 4th will be taking the edge off of that. Again, I hope that this is just Fireworks Paranoia on my part.

Don't like the idea of the Barbershop Quartet singing boy band songs. It's a terrible, horrible idea. Almost like a parody of ridiculous Disney ideas. Awful!

Wish they'd do the Diamone Horseshoe Review at WDW. I know they're trying to get everyone to go to both parks, but it just feels like WDW is getting the shaft.

Otherwise, it all sounds good. I hope Figment and the Coral Reef show up at Epcot again. :)

AEfx

I'm thinking it would have been more enjoyable to have a campaign like this that literally was something new or different for 52 weeks ... this is 'a little bit of MAGIC here and a little bit of MAGIC there ... '

See, I think everyone is just reading the WDW magic snipe of the article, which is lacking the following bit of info from the announcement:

"And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts."

Considering many of these are "(BLANK) of the Week", it seems as if that is exactly what may happen.

That said, I find it trite and simply done to appeal the "Disney Moms" types, who I am sure are rioting because dates have not been announced yet because little "DisneyDaughter/Son must see X-week, and we must book now or we won't get ADR'S!"

TTA94

OMG Pleease Disney change the name!!!

And Disney handle's "Limited" things soooo well as it is... :rolleyes: Need I remind everyone was JUST took place a few days ago with the "Limited" AP FLE preview! Not to mention the 40th and One More Disney Day limited merchandise!

I will try and keep a open mind with this and Mayybe it will turn out to be a fantastic, fun, exciting campaign! But first impressions spell Loooong lines, waaaay over packed parks (Mostly MK) ON TOP of the normal busy times of the year in Orlando! EEEK!

TTA94

This was at the end of the announcement: We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening.

Hmm, Fingers crossed they mean "Rolling Out" literallly at the MK.... New Daytime Parade!

awoogala

limited is a negative word. To restrict.
if it had been months instead of weeks..
Monthly magic
otherwise, in 2 minutes I thought of:
Moments of magic
Magical weeks
Entertaining events
wdw weekly wonders
anything would have been better.
don't they have people brainstorming this? Like a team of people who should have a thesaurus?

GrumpyFan

Even though I've lampooned the name, the idea/concept sounds pretty neat, and I look forward to hearing more about what they have planned for the year. I think it's a great idea and they have a lot of material to work with.

TylerFG

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

The rest sounds nice though. Totally excited for this.

ExtinctJenn

Even though I've lampooned the name, the idea/concept sounds pretty neat, and I look forward to hearing more about what they have planned for the year. I think it's a great idea and they have a lot of material to work with.
Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I think lots of folks can't get past the name. In fact, I've seen a few posts where people are reading the name and missing the promotion details and assuming "limited time" refers to the length of the promotion (not the fact that it's a ton of little things throughout the year that happen for a limited time). In other words, the name is confusing people so much they aren't reading the good stuff underneath. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom