Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

sweetpee_1993

They really should have had Long Lost Friends Week (the only good week so far) be either longer or have it be repeated multiple times. It seemed to be a very popular event, and I'm very bitter that I missed it by a week. Another idea would to have like an event around the release of a movie onto Dvd/bluray. For example, when Peter Pan was rereleased they could have had all the special Peter Pan characters come out or they could have had a special preparade or small type of show. It's not like they don't have the resources to do something like that...

It's never a question of if they have the resources. It's how to get off cheap, spend nothing, or even make money off the "offering". Given those 3 choices it's far more present-day-Disney to go with the latter. Make money? Well yes! Look stupid? Who cares??? We're makin' money! :rolleyes:

71jason

"... the tee has been inspired by the design and logo of the Disney Parks newest shop on wheels."

I thought the turkey leg merch was dumb, but at least I kind of got it. Now a T-shirt celebrating a mobile gift shop that's been around less than a year??? This sounds like it came straight from the FakeThemePark Twitter feed.

djlaosc

"... the tee has been inspired by the design and logo of the Disney Parks newest shop on wheels."

I thought the turkey leg merch was dumb, but at least I kind of got it. Now a T-shirt celebrating a mobile gift shop that's been around less than a year??? This sounds like it came straight from the FakeThemePark Twitter feed.

I hadn't even heard of this truck before this announcement (of course, it's been over a year since I've been at WDW).

djlaosc

I hadn't even heard of this truck before this announcement (of course, it's been over a year since I've been at WDW).

disneyfan1995

The Robin Hood crew (Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham), Pocahontas crew (Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko, Ratcliffe), the Hunchback crew (Esmeralda, Clopin, Frollo), Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake will be Disneyland's long lost friends, as well as other. Nice bunch.

That sounds like an excellent pairing of characters and will make for a wonderful event over at Disneyland!

wedenterprises

This made me laugh out loud...

"Limited time magic" is completely absurd. Oh joy, please tell me what random item I'm magically * allowed* to purchase this week. Thank you for bestowing your mercy upon me so that I may give you my money.

FigmentJedi

The only T-Shirt of a gift shop that should ever conceivably exist is a Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures shirt because that'd actually be in character for the proprietors.

But a T-Shirt for a stupid "Food Truck with merchandise" thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom