Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

KevinYee

High level WDW executive: "And THAT, my fellow Cast Members, is how FASTPASS+ will work to make tourists delighted! We can look forward to hotel occupancy rates of 95%-100% almost year round!"

WDW front line manager #1: (under his breath) "Pretty much what I read on the Internet"

WDW front line manager #2: "What about annual passholders? Do they get to make FASTPASS+ reservations?"

High level WDW executive: "We're working on that."

(two hours later)

High level WDW executive: "We don't really have a bone to throw the passholders."

Second High level WDW executive: "What we need is a program that is aimed just at the passholders. Something to keep them occupied while we roll out FASTPASS+ so *they* have something optimized for them, too.

The rest can be assumed!!

The foregoing is fiction. As far as I know.

luv

Locals don't need FPs. There are only a handful of rides that require FPs and not even all of them are worth bothering to ride. Of the ones that are, there are plenty of times they can be ridden without a wait.

I don't see the big whup about the FP thing. People who come in for a week and have to squeeze everything in to that 7 days...I can see them caring about FPs. Locals...not so much.

I also don't see a big whup with this Limited Time Magic. I certainly wouldn't be racing to the MK to see the Dapper Dans sing NKOTB songs.

I never get a FP for anything but Space...and I don't even get those much.

Just MHO.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
When I first saw this announced, it appeared to me to be something geared for locals. If the one week announcement is accurate, then I think it's even more apparent this will bring in locals and spur some AP purchases so they can see more than one event any time during the year. I'm sure CMs will "talk it up" when people check-in about what's happening that week, but I don't think anyone will be planning extended visits based on these events.

Well, they sure won't be now!

harveyt0206

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was excited about Villains week when they first announced Limited Time Magic. If funds weren't an option, I would plan a trip around that event. Oh well. I do find it interesting that the 2013 "theme" , for lack of a better word, is "Limited Time Magic" and that they are rolling out a national campaign to promote it (Katie, age 7, for a limited time), but actual events that go along with the theme will be last minute.

Lee

Adventurer
These sound familiar to anyone else?

Dave, you and Hans are both dead wrong and you both know that, so button your lips and go get lives!

Anyway, do not listen to Al Lutz. Stop giving him attention. He's nothing more than a gossip monger who likes to stir up trouble and be an alpha-male.

Topics like this only serve as even further proof that such overrated hacks as Spirit_of_74, davewasbaloo, Britian, etc. are uneducated, imbecillic and need to go out there and get lives starting right this minute and drop their over-the-top nihilistic, elitist attitudes. I mean it!

Mansfried, WDW's Tiki Room and Stitch's Great Escape are NOT horrible.

They may be bad to you, but that doesn't mean that it's a fact.

Leave the multi-talented and always-brilliant Kevin Rafferty alone!

According to photos I've seen on some websites from time to time, characters have occasionally been out for meet-and-greets at the Big Thunder Trail between Big Thunder Mountain and Big Thunder Ranch.

Further proof that the evil Spirit of 74 obviously does not know when to shut up and realzie how uneducated he really is and needs to stop having axes to grind!

Another reason why everyone here should be nicer to poor Meg Crofton and quit picking on her.

So, to Spirit, TDLFAN, Dave, etc...

Stop making people uncomfortable with your endless negativity and attitude problems!

You're such a twit and you know it and I hope YOU ended up spilling SO MUCH extremely hot coffee on your privates that you ended up dying and going to H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks!

Spirit of 74 (aka Mr. Overly-Negative-Fanboy-Who-Needs-To-Get-A-Life), I sure hope that Doobie bans you and your sorry patootie from these boards sooner than later!

Mystery...solved, I think.

TalkingHead

These sound familiar to anyone else?

Mystery...solved, I think.

I hadn't made the connection, but I think you're right. Unfortunately (or fortunately for those of us who like unintentional humor), he's been more vocal here than he was there.

Lee

Adventurer
I hadn't made the connection, but I think you're right. Unfortunately (or fortunately for those of us who like unintentional humor), he's been more vocal here than he was there.
I wasn't sure until I went back and really looked. The posting style/pattern is quite distinctive.
Now I'll have to go easy on the young fella...

MerlinTheGoat

It was on another site, couple years ago.
I'm not aware of any banning involved.
Oh ok, I assumed it was actually one of the posters on here. Though considering the evil spirit comment I wouldn't be surprised if the same person is one of the people on these boards.

Lee

Adventurer
Though considering the evil spirit comment I wouldn't be surprised if the same person is one of the people on these boards.
That was my point...it is someone here: CountryBearFan. He posted under a different name on the other site.
I don't think he has been here under another name.

The Empress Lilly

I'm part annoyed, part amused by it. I can't quite make up my mind.

Would be cool if like every week a different basement dweller would show up at this site, but they won't be telling us in advance which one it's going to be this week!

The Empress Lilly

(I've been reading this forum for almost a year now, finally created an account, this is my first time actually posting!)

I'm hoping something interesting is going on the second week of May... I'm planning a trip to WDW then. It seems like the company doesn't have a set schedule or even a solid idea on what they'll be pushing out week by week.

First visit to WDW, hope it's worth it.
WDW is always worth it. Don't be deterred by us cranky old timers!

RSoxNo1

To me this is reminiscent of Disneyland limiting the Candlelight Processional to AP holders. Limited Time Magic seems like something intended for locals who's annual passes will likely be less "powerful" than they were previously thanks to Fastpass+

the.dreamfinder

Don__t_feed_the_Troll1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom