Disney Labor Shortage

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
How is the housing market in Orlando anyway? If Disney did roll out across-the-board wage increases, is there enough open housing stock that these better-compensated Disney employees would have more purchasing power, or would it just set off bidding wars in an already tight housing market?
Tight and competitive.

You're already competing against even more well compensated people with NYC and LA salaries who can do cash offers on purchases and full leases up-front on rentals. The only good thing is that Orlando's market is starting to normalize a bit, but it's still far from where it should be.

mkt

Premium Member
Disagree--- you can not ignore the current energy policy has driven the cost of everything up contributing significantly to the rising inflation rate
I shouldn't have gone so simple on my reply. Current energy policy, production planning around a pandemic, and current logistical challenges are the main reasons behind that lowered supply.

mkt

Premium Member
Sure some of it, but 1/3 of all dollars being new in circulation within the last year says inflation is a reality.
And 1/5 were created in the year prior, yet no one was screaming about inflation then.

mkt

Premium Member
Maybe not the talking heads but personally I’ve been watching the nations lack of monetary policy for a while.

I've been laughing the entire time.

Politics has no room in monetary/economic policy, yet in the past 4 years everything was politicized to an extend similar to what I experienced when living in Latin America.

Willmark

Politics has no room in monetary/economic policy, yet in the past 4 years everything was politicized to an extend similar to what I experienced when living in Latin America.
So it appears we are in agreement that this doesn’t lead to anything good in terms of outcome?

John park hopper

You can not focus on the last for 4 years this has been going on considerably longer. Have to remain non political in this forum

mkt

Premium Member
You can not focus on the last for 4 years this has been going on considerably longer. Have to remain non political in this forum
It's been definitely going on for longer - but only in the past 4-5 years have I seen it get to the levels that remind me of latin america. Before that it was more polite, not a zero-sum game like it is now.

mkt

Premium Member
So it appears we are in agreement that this doesn’t lead to anything good in terms of outcome?
I think the US has been making bad monetary decisions consistently since the 1980s. Anything that happens is the result of bad decisions from that decade, and we're too far gone to save this sinking ship now.

Willmark

I think the US has been making bad monetary decisions consistently since the 1980s. Anything that happens is the result of bad decisions from that decade, and we're too far gone to save this sinking ship now.
I can find nothing wrong with this statement and co-sign but will add that it didn’t just start in the 80s. Some of the issues stretch back further than that.

JoeCamel

So it's all going down the tubes? Time to start drinking then...

Lilofan

Whatever the decisions have you been invested in the stock market? Fyi - it is at record highs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom