News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I read somewhere on Twitter that Jiminy was alternating with Pinocchio, while Snow and Dopey were alternating with Mary and the Penguin, fyi.
Sounds like either not enough overtime was approved, or there were either not enough appropriate-height cast members to have full coverage or not enough costume winter overlays available.

pigglewiggle

I went last night and was pleasantly surprised. My expectations were pretty low based on reviews of the first party. We were already in the park and there was no line to check in at Launch Bay ~7:20. Didn't see any ridiculously long lines all night -- longest were probably for the shows.

Tip Top Lounge appeared to have fully revamped. It was a much larger bar set-up (not a cart), I specifically counted and there were 8 people behind the bar - most in bellhop costumes. It split into two lines to order, managed by a CM, and then you picked up your drink in the center. Drinks are still pre-mixed, but I thought it was decent. We waited maybe 5 minutes. Not a lot of room in the lounge area and very few tables but the band is good (even saw production managers there checking decibel levels as apparently that was an issue at the first event).

The Gertie cookie situation appeared to have been reworked as well. Two separate lines to order with ice cream or just cookie. Line for just cookie moved very quickly (under 5 min); ice cream seemed like it was taking a bit longer.

Extra characters were a fun surprise and the lines seemed reasonable. The main area with Mickey, Minnie et. al in their holiday gear and also the special photo opps was fairly uncrowded when we went through, with what looked like very reasonable lines.

Was no line at Baseline and easy to find a seat. The fiesta performers by ABC Commissary were terrific and got people dancing. When we walked by Brown Derby there was no line and saw some empty tables inside.

Overall, we had fun and it put us in the holiday spirit. Would I go again next year? At this price (with food and drink extra) and for only four hours, I'd have to think about it. But it's not an automatic "no way." I do think there's more they can do with the event and hope that they do 'plus' it next year.

Thank you for your review.

christine7257

Was last night sold out? Or did a smaller crowd help with things being less intense?
It was reported to be sold out. I saw some speculating that the media guests at the first party were above and beyond the typical "sell out" capacity. No idea if true, or maybe enough people just decided based on the reviews that they were going to cancel or just not come ... either way, it didn't feel ridiculously crowded.

diggity16

We went last night and really enjoyed the evening. Our plan was to go in early, eat beforehand and prioritize the shows. We skipped the lounges and fit in rides and drinks/desserts as we wanted. The new characters and photos opps were an unexpected bonus we added in as well. This plan worked out great! We definitely missed some things, but did everything we had planned.

I felt the lines were all super manageable. Check in was a breeze. We did think the evening was missing “something” with no parade, big stage show, and fireworks so late. Buying everything add on was a bit of a bummer, too. Plus the party was just too short with the shows — you had to line up and wait and that all just eats up time. So not sure we’d do it again, but I am relieved it ended up much, much better than expected!

mattpeto

They don’t. They added a bunch of crap they had lying around and did the bare minimum for crowd control.

The event is a more disjointed thematic mess than before

You are the problem
My fault? As my 12 year old daughter says, bruh…

Maybe the event sucks, but if they didn’t care they wouldn’t have pivot at all. Just because it wasn’t enough for you, it doesn’t mean they don’t care. They want to sell the event and apathy is simply nonsensical.

Maybe you should pick up a new hobby that make you will happy?

mattpeto

We went last night and really enjoyed the evening. Our plan was to go in early, eat beforehand and prioritize the shows. We skipped the lounges and fit in rides and drinks/desserts as we wanted. The new characters and photos opps were an unexpected bonus we added in as well. This plan worked out great! We definitely missed some things, but did everything we had planned.

I felt the lines were all super manageable. Check in was a breeze. We did think the evening was missing “something” with no parade, big stage show, and fireworks so late. Buying everything add on was a bit of a bummer, too. Plus the party was just too short with the shows — you had to line up and wait and that all just eats up time. So not sure we’d do it again, but I am relieved it ended up much, much better than expected!
Thanks for sharing!

@asianway wants a copy of your receipt. He thinks you work for Disney or you were paid to say nice things.

pigglewiggle

We spent time today watching the shows on YouTube. If they can work out the kinks, this may be worth it. We thought the shows were well done. Even the sing along, which we had doubts about, was a quality production.

Hopefully they continue to improve on this.

TheMaxRebo

We spent time today watching the shows on YouTube. If they can work out the kinks, this may be worth it. We thought the shows were well done. Even the sing along, which we had doubts about, was a quality production.

Hopefully they continue to improve on this.

They definitely seem to have done a great job with the shows and from last night's seems like they have improved the logistics

Still think the Tip Top Club and Brown Derby under delivered so if they can improve them and make them more immersive/special and I also think they need a parade/cavalcade or something.

Do those upgrades and I think will be something worthwhile

afterabme

They definitely seem to have done a great job with the shows and from last night's seems like they have improved the logistics

Still think the Tip Top Club and Brown Derby under delivered so if they can improve them and make them more immersive/special and I also think they need a parade/cavalcade or something.

Do those upgrades and I think will be something worthwhile
Also wants to just give tiny bits of free food or drinks. Not asking for V & A. it would be nice to have it considering the cost of the event, similar to what they give out at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom