News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

Andrew25

Serious question... what is the draw of this event to justify $179 tickets?

These offerings are somewhat similar to what Universal/SeaWorld offers as part of your daily park admission. I can't believe Disney gets away with this stuff.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

These offerings are somewhat similar to what Universal/SeaWorld offers as part of your daily park admission. I can't believe Disney gets away with this stuff.

I think it what theyre billing it as, basically multiple mini parties for adults, sounds great for my wife and I but I'm unsure about our two kids.We're interested in the soiree, Muppets show, and Nightmare Before Christmas singalong. If just two of us then, yeah, I think there are enough differentiators and it'd be fun for two of us to hang out. But for four us? I just don't know. The character experiences are either ones we've experienced or that my family doesn't care about (like Phineas and Ferb).

It's unclear how much of the unique stuff will be upcharged, like the Brown Debry thing and Hollywood Tower Hotel soiree, both both are referred to as "events." 4 hours here vs. 5 at MK, no included snacks nor drinks. No parade nor special fireworks (Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, something that was already for everyone, isn't special enough to hide behind a paywall). Nothing announced to pull people into Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land, crowds will be unbalanced and heavy where the limited experiences are located.

I really want to love the event. I hope it does really well, but I'd need to buy tickets to the most expensive date and because it's the third ever I'd need to take a leap of faith this date will likely sell out before reviews of the first event. I was at WDW for the first Villains After Hours and passed for similar reasons, and in hindsight it was a great event I was never able to subsequently experience.

mattpeto

Why do after hour events and parties seem to sell out @Andrew25?

It's the same principle - Guests dig the unique entertainment. I'd kindly suggest you to pull up the page.

There's plenty of unique entertainment and experiences that people are excited about here.

Andrew25

Why do after hour events and parties seem to sell out @Andrew25?

It's the same principle - Guests dig the unique entertainment. I'd kindly suggest you to pull up the page.

There's plenty of unique entertainment and experiences that people are excited about here.

I can understand why the after-hour events (billed as low waits, and empty parks) are popular with folks and I think the entertainment being offered is interesting... just questioning the price tag. I feel like it can be really popular if they offer to everyone else for free, and then upcharge some of the more unique offerings like the lounge/dessert parties.

drew81

Earth to Major Tom-Vazanna

Those VIP overlays are ugly. What were you all thinking? Trying to sell your event with characters guests can meet during DHS daily ops, is truly a WDW move. If people wanted to meet Powerline Max, they already have. He was at Disneyland’s hard ticket in the Fandaze overlay and he was out at Studios for the longest time across from Muppets.

I’m sure you’ve spent time working on the stage shows. No one doubts your desire for quality entertainment and possibly, your hands are tied-but please stop trying to make it like guests will spend $179 to meet Powerline Max.

Thumper 32

Did anyone else catch the comment on GMA that this event is “for adults only”? Clearly that’s not true, given that we have active ticket sales underway without that restriction being stated. But very odd that they would state that to such a national audience.

drew81

Did anyone else catch the comment on GMA that this event is “for adults only”? Clearly that’s not true, given that we have active ticket sales underway without that restriction being stated. But very odd that they would state that to such a national audience.
I saw that too. Synergy! lol

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep I was going to mention this. Strangely enough, the video was then pulled. I don't think that was the intended message.

donaldfan

After these updates, I’m actually glad my date sold out before I could buy tix. I’m sure it will be fun, but not sure if it’s worth $179 … what exactly is a “sing along speak easy”?

DCBaker

Premium Member
There will be a walk-up list in use for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby - see below for details. Disney says The Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club will have limited capacity, but did not indicate a walk-up list will be used.

Joining the Mobile Walk-Up List for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby

It’s easy to add yourself to the mobile walk-up list for this experience during Disney Jollywood Nights. All you need is your phone and the My Disney Experience app! Note: This feature is only supported by devices running Android or iOS with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app installed and location services enabled.

Heres how it works:
  • Check availability for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby via the app—or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check availability.
  • If there is availability, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list. At that time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests.
  • Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.

Drdcm

Dumb question… is the tip top club a real place at Disney? Or will people be pretending to be in the top top club while standing in the courtyard at ToT?

Drdcm

There will be a walk-up list in use for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby - see below for details. Disney says The Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club will have limited capacity, but did not indicate a walk-up list will be used.

Joining the Mobile Walk-Up List for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby

It’s easy to add yourself to the mobile walk-up list for this experience during Disney Jollywood Nights. All you need is your phone and the My Disney Experience app! Note: This feature is only supported by devices running Android or iOS with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app installed and location services enabled.

Heres how it works:
  • Check availability for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby via the app—or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check availability.
  • If there is availability, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list. At that time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests.
  • Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.
Imagine spending the money for the extra ticket just to have all availability for the Jazz event sell out within 2.1s to those that have gotten through the gate before you.

ZachPL

Food looks great, but I just don't see the appeal in spending $160 for 4 hours of spending more money on tons of food.. to each their own I guess. This is definitely the trial run for next years MVMCP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom