News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The Brown Derby thing sounds like just the normal table service experience with some jazz music, like porting a jazz brunch to dinner? I had hoped for something to pop in and out more easily but committing to a full meal when event is only 4 hours, that sounds like a big time sink. Am I missing something?

castlecake2.0

Seems like a Christmas food and wine festival. Saying that, impressed by the amount of new food they created for it. Also waiting for all the vloggers to descend upon brown derby and stay there for the entire night live streaming. I hope they put some sort of time cap on tables there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Seems like a Christmas food and wine festival. Saying that, impressed by the amount of new food they created for it. Also waiting for all the vloggers to descend upon brown derby and stay there for the entire night live streaming. I hope they put some sort of time cap on tables there.
Yep that is going to be a big problem based on what happened last time at the Villains event there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Charge $179... only for people to realize they need to spend an additional $60+ on food/beverages to feel like they actually participated in the event's exclusive experiences?
Yeah basically. This an EPCOT festival wrapped up in an after hours event. The average individual guest spend is going to be very high.

TheMaxRebo

Charge $179... only for people to realize they need to spend an additional $60+ on food/beverages to feel like they actually participated in the event's exclusive experiences?

yeah, that is how it strikes me too ... feels like something where the drinks/food should be included (or at least some of it)

Overall looks like something fun as part of a "no kids" trip, but definitely will get pricey by end of the evening

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Reading a little more, the Brown Derby event does seem like it'll be a more limited specialty menu to reduce meal length and increase table turnovers. Disney has experience with spots like Oga's so if it's more like that then it can work to get more in and out so more can enjoy.

Maybe they'll limit waitlisting to one experience between Brown Derby and Tip Top.

drew81

Can Tom Vazanna and Tara Anderson take a trip to Disneyland and see how their hard tickets are done?

Tom and Tara = boring same old ideas.

bmr1591

I just don't understand. You're paying a massive upcharge to pay more. It's an event obviously tailored to childless millennials, but then they didn't really bring out rare characters to appeal to those childless millennials. Phineas and Ferb and Tiana are more GenZ. P&F also don't fit the vibe of the event at all.

Speaking of not fitting the vibe, to push this Hollywood Glitz and Glam/Roaring 20s aesthetic, the Fab 5 costumes don't represent that aesthetic at all. They look like run of the mill Christmas costumes.

All that said, it's obviously not an event meant for me. The prices are high, the food costs will be high (and don't get me started on the lack of normal Christmas tastes...even the cookies have flavors that aren't mass appeal), and the shows aren't worth all that extra, especially when you can catch a live stream of them.

I have a bad feeling the first two shows will get low ratings and the rest won't sell like they hoped. Then, after a poor reception, it'll be canned next year instead of enhancing it to the level required to make it an appealing Christmas party. So much potential here, but not well thought through.

JohnD

Which I am guessing was because it was saying it was an"adult only" event, which it clearly isn't. The messaging somehow got very mixed up.
Yeah. After posting that, I read through the additional posts. Interesting. Well, count me in as a guinea pig for this thing. I'm going 12/16 and then doing MVMCP 12/17. I haven't been during the holidays for a while, so I figured why not. It works for me as I have the Pixie Dust pass which only allows weekdays anyway.

Andrew25

Yeah. After posting that, I read through the additional posts. Interesting. Well, count me in as a guinea pig for this thing. I'm going 12/16 and then doing MVMCP 12/17. I haven't been during the holidays for a while, so I figured why not. It works for me as I have the Pixie Dust pass which only allows weekdays anyway.

At these prices you could have paid for the pirate pass lol

JohnD

At these prices you could have paid for the pirate pass lol
I get it but that would be about an extra $300 out of my paycheck split over 12 months. I know these two parties are more than the difference. For these, I paid for them months ahead of time and have paid off my credit card. Yeah, I freely admit I'm rationalizing and JN could very well be a one and done for me.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

To me, it sounds like they wanted to add a new holiday event at DHS and then some genius decided to pull it behind a paywall.

Not interested, but as an AP I could have seen myself drop $100 over the course of the run because the food looks good.
I could see that. They could have just added the extra food offerings and the Christmas show a couple times a night and I’m sure it would bring in the crowds and make $$$

Kamikaze

To me, it sounds like they wanted to add a new holiday event at DHS and then some genius decided to pull it behind a paywall.

Not interested, but as an AP I could have seen myself drop $100 over the course of the run because the food looks good.
Instead they're charging nearly double that per person just to get in. Your statement isn't the 'gotcha' you think it is.

Andrew25

Instead they're charging nearly double that per person just to get in. Your statement isn't the 'gotcha' you think it is.

There are a lot more guests/APs with regular admission that could purchase food than the overall attendance for this thing.

I just don't get how we can justify putting things behind a massive paywall

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom