News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
1697640640841.png

Kamikaze

There are a lot more guests/APs with regular admission that could purchase food than the overall attendance for this thing.

I just don't get how we can justify putting things behind a massive paywall
Then don't pay for it.

You're outright ignoring that a great portion of those guests paying to get in will ALSO pay for food.

Lets say that you would spend $100. A guest paying $180 to get in is going to spend at least $20 additionally, probably more, but lets call it $20. Even then, you would need 2 of you just to bring in the same revenue as 1 of them.

Andrew25

What's the expected maximum capacity for this? I'd assume they are restricted by however many shows they plan on having for the Muppets/Singalong theaters... which can roughly accommodate 1K guests a show. So if the event only runs for 4 hours... maybe 3 shows at most per theater? So... maybe 6-8K guests a night?

DHS capacity is much higher, but a big selling point of the event is reduced wait times

Then don't pay for it.

You're outright ignoring that a great portion of those guests paying to get in will ALSO pay for food.
Obviously they will pay for food... that seems to be a point of the event. I just want to question why go all out in food when it's a limited-time event, with limited entertainment. The menu is nearly the size of Food & Wine lol

Kamikaze

What's the expected maximum capacity for this? I'd assume they are restricted by however many shows they plan on having for the Muppets/Singalong theaters... which can roughly accommodate 1K guests a show. So if the event only runs for 4 hours... maybe 3 shows at most per theater? So... maybe 6-8K guests a night?

DHS capacity is much higher, but a big selling point of the event is reduced wait times
They ran Rogers the musical for 8k-ish guests/day and spent a lot of money to only run it for 2 months.

Obviously they will pay for food... that seems to be a point of the event. I just want to question why go all out in food when it's a limited-time event, with limited entertainment. The menu is nearly the size of Food & Wine lol
Food is easy and perishable. Its much easier to come up with new menus than to create a limited time attraction/experience that requires actual construction. I'm sure the development of the Muppets show cost much more than the development of all the food.

DCBaker

Premium Member
For what it is worth, these are the only attractions currently showing hours for the first night of Disney's Jollywood Nights.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Tower of Terror

Drdcm

I think it will be nearly walk on. Everyone is going to be either hogging the seat in Brown Derby, Tip Top Club, or queueing for the shows lol
It sounds like this might be a situation where you pay for the event and then not be able to participate in swaths of it due to limited capacity issues

Andrew25

I don’t really see what the $179 is paying for. MVMCP has robust entertainment, ride overlays, and some food included. This event should just be every night during the holidays at DHS with a couple upcharge parties for adults to book if they want.
Exactly my argument/issue with the event. Why not expand the park hours an extra hour or two, allow everyone to participate, and then upcharge the lounges?

I would assume selling holiday food items all day would generate more revenue than the event itself. I'd assume they think they would cannibalize sales from Festival of the Holidays? They're already fine potentially cannibalizing Very Merry?

Outside of decor, DHS will have nothing included in park admission for the holidays.

ToTBellHop

Exactly my argument/issue with the event. Why not expand the park hours an extra hour or two, allow everyone to participate, and then upcharge the lounges?

I would assume selling holiday food items all day would generate more revenue than the event itself. I'd assume they think they would cannibalize sales from Festival of the Holidays? They're already fine potentially cannibalizing Very Merry?

Outside of decor, DHS will have nothing included in park admission for the holidays.
Going from Osborne to JBJB and then progressively decreasing its pyro has slowly diminished DHS at Christmas to nothing. How awful. This is basically a holiday DAH event but they should at least include the premium bars, popcorn, and soda…such hubris in this offering.

I presume JBJB will be “free” Christmas Week at least.

TDLFan

They shoulda offered a parade or at the very least a cavalcade. I've said it and said it. I know they're cheap, but they could have mashed up whatever units they have laying around, even just decorating a few cars, throw the muppets in, add dancers, take one of Tokyo's or Paris 100 different Christmas parade soundtracks and poof.

Meeko77

Seeing that Dinosaur Gertie cookie is enough to make me want to bite the bullet and go, but I'll likely hold off still. I wish this event weren't so expensive. I love Gertie; that cookie should be offered all during the holiday season for park guests, too.

TheMaxRebo

That would make a ton of sense - have it as part of the day, but obviously make extra $ on the extra food, and charge like $79 or whatever to get into the tip top lounge but that covers the drinks and light food or something

I really like the holiday decorations at DHS, love the Muppets ... but $179 to get in to then get on a wait list to get into an area to then spend more $ on food, just doesn't feel very festive

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 749748
View attachment 749749

Thought this was interesting… they put that you can join the walk up list for Brown Derby but nothing for Tip Top
I'm guessing that is because Brown Derby is already setup in My Disney Experience as a restaurant with a walk-up system in place. Tower of Terror is a pop-up location , and is not already part of the MDX dining system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom