Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

Tom

Beta Return
The plans show lots of pilings out in the lagoon. All the little black dots in these two segments of the plans are for pilings. Looking close at the plans you can also see parallel pairs of pilings running back to the land which would be for walkways.

Poly1.png

Poly2.png

Beat me to it :)

I was going to try to photoshop the outline of the bungalows, but you can make them out good enough in your snippets. Looks like there will be about 20 of them....completely ruining the view from Hawaii and Tahiti.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Beat me to it :)

I was going to try to photoshop the outline of the bungalows, but you can make them out good enough in your snippets. Looks like there will be about 20 of them....completely ruining the view from Hawaii and Tahiti.

Great minds think a like, I started to do that also, but thought it would be easier to just post the plans.

tl77

Is there any word about the Tangaroa Terrace building and Luau Cove? I thought they were both going to be removed to make way for the lazy river pool and the DVC but it looks like that's been scaled back

Tom

Beta Return
Is there any word about the Tangaroa Terrace building and Luau Cove? I thought they were both going to be removed to make way for the lazy river pool and the DVC but it looks like that's been scaled back

Neither of those are shown to be affected on these plans, and they most certainly would be if there was any major construction that involved the change in the size, shape or location of buildings on the property. Thus, it appears that the Villas at Poly will be limited to the bungalows and Tahiti - with no work at the west end of campus.

tl77

Neither of those are shown to be affected on these plans, and they most certainly would be if there was any major construction that involved the change in the size, shape or location of buildings on the property. Thus, it appears that the Villas at Poly will be limited to the bungalows and Tahiti - with no work at the west end of campus.

Yeah I could see from the new plans they would both still be there, and I guess Luau Cove is safe for a little while longer now? ...but the Tangaroa Terrace has sat empty for a few years now and I was wondering if there were any plans to reopen it since they just opened a restaurant with the same name at Disneyland

JWG

I don't think these are the final plans, I think these are the "prep" plans. So, pre-work that has to happen to get to the full plans. Something tells me there will be more filings and that other areas will be impacted that maybe aren't mentioned yet. But, if they couldn't find a way to save/relocate Luau cove and the Spirit of Aloha, I imagine the won't eliminate what's there.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think these are the final plans, I think these are the "prep" plans. So, pre-work that has to happen to get to the full plans. Something tells me there will be more filings and that other areas will be impacted that maybe aren't mentioned yet. But, if they couldn't find a way to save/relocate Luau cove and the Spirit of Aloha, I imagine the won't eliminate what's there.

Filing plans with the Drainage Board is a big deal, and a huge ordeal. Water management in FL is pretty high on the list of priorities. That means these plans are fairly official, because once they're approved, that's what they have to build....or file an amendment and wait for approval again.

There's likely work that will happen that isn't shown on these plans, but that work won't affect water management - meaning there won't be any removal or addition of hard surface (buildings, pavement) beyond what is shown here. And the plans don't refer to a "phase", so these are likely the master plan.

Tom

Beta Return
Like this?

pulau-mabul-mabul-island.html

I thought you couldn't go in the water at the poly.... Am I wrong?

I didn't scroll up to re-read all the posts, but did someone suggest the bungalows were going "in" the water? That was likely a type-o, or mis-interpretation if so. These will be similar to something you'd see at a Sandals resort, where they look like they're on stilts, hovering above the water.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Filing plans with the Drainage Board is a big deal, and a huge ordeal. Water management in FL is pretty high on the list of priorities. That means these plans are fairly official, because once they're approved, that's what they have to build....or file an amendment and wait for approval again.

There's likely work that will happen that isn't shown on these plans, but that work won't affect water management - meaning there won't be any removal or addition of hard surface (buildings, pavement) beyond what is shown here. And the plans don't refer to a "phase", so these are likely the master plan.

I found one of the documents which has the question "Is this application for part of a multi-phase project?", which is marked No.

Rodan75

My thoughts when I first heard of the idea. Yay, brackish swamp water so rubes who don't know any better can think they're in the South Pacific.

They could go for a Louisiana vibe...they could seed some gators and make it a swamp people resort.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I didn't scroll up to re-read all the posts, but did someone suggest the bungalows were going "in" the water? That was likely a type-o, or mis-interpretation if so. These will be similar to something you'd see at a Sandals resort, where they look like they're on stilts, hovering above the water.

Ok, gotcha. Thank you.

Still don't think I'd be ok with staying in one and not being able to/ not wanting to go in that water... I think it kinda ruins the whole idea of this plan. But what do I know. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom