Disney is going to price us out of the Kingdom..

NickMaio

1) “Parks across North America” aren’t Disney. Disney has pricing power because they offer the best product. That’s why they are the most popular. You don’t think so, that’s fine....but markers have spoken.
2) Many people don’t think Disney is expensive, including myself. My Disney trips are some of the cheaper trips I take. Traveling is expensive.
3) You should take steps to afford a Disney trip instead of complaining they charge too much, because it’s not changing. It’s going higher.
Have fun reading......
A simple google search leads to dozens of articles and stats proving the OP point.
Disney IS out pricing the middle class.....
Im done.......so many articles it was a fun read. Validating the many points brought up here by level minded people.
The air up there must smell nice....do those clouds look good too?

flynnibus

Premium Member
No I do not want to base my current business decision on what we did 50 years ago.

Why not? It's those kinds of business decisions that created an industry from nothing, and built an empire so strong it effectively carried central florida out of the sticks into a global destination.

If their ideals were so undesirable to follow... why do you love the company they built so much you bought into a timeshare for it?

flynnibus

Premium Member
There really is no other way to put this than to say that the baseless assertions and generalizations found in your post make it clear that you are completely out of your depth here.

Translated: You don't want to face those highlights.

Parks could be ran as a private entity. They don't need the market. It's just what they have within the conglomerate now and papa bear loves the numbers the parks give them.

Chef Mickey

Have fun reading......
A simple google search leads to dozens of articles and stats proving the OP point.
Im done.......so many articles it was a fun read. Validating the many points brought up here by level minded people.
I never said everyone could afford it. I said Disney can charge what they want and plenty of people are willing to pay. Prices aren’t coming down any time soon and Disney Parks are doing better than ever.

Plenty of middle class people go to Disney. The article is garbage. It gives no data or facts about what they define as middle class or how they’ve been priced out specifically. All they say is they’ve priced them out and prices have increased, but nowhere do they prove the point. It’s like two people talking. Terrible.

NickMaio

I never said everyone could afford it. I said Disney can charge what they want and plenty of people are willing to pay. Prices aren’t coming down any time soon and Disney Parks are doing better than ever.

Plenty of middle class people go to Disney. The article is garbage. It gives no data or facts about what they define as middle class or how they’ve been priced out specifically. All they say is they’ve priced them out and prices have increased, but nowhere do they prove the point. It’s like two people talking. Terrible.
That is what this whole thread is about....nice backpedaling though.

NickMaio

Hahaahahah the article is garbage.....nice.
Go reading there are dozens of more "garbage" articles out there......

Chef Mickey

That is what this whole thread is about....nice backpedaling though.
Who is backpedaling? I keep saying Disney owes you nothing and it doesn’t matter what you think about prices or how often people “should” be able to go. The price is the price. Get on board or go to Six Flags instead.

NickMaio

Did you read it.....full of stats and facts.....

Chef Mickey

Did you read it.....full of stats and facts.....

Yeah, about how prices have increased which no one disputes.

You have to define middle class, “priced out” and what an acceptable amount of times to go to Disney is before you’re “priced out.”

My answer is you don’t get to go to Disney as a birthright and they aren’t pricing anyone out. Some people can afford and some can’t at any price. Some people thought it was too expensive 10 years ago, 20 years ago, and 30 years ago. The parks are jam packed. They should increase prices more.

flynnibus

Premium Member
but nowhere do they prove the point

How obtuse does one need to be to ignore the pricing trend is way beyond the trend of growth of disposable income across the country?

You don't need to track individual situations when you can look at macro trends like these...

Disney has increased the # of categories in their hotel pricing... and every one has been to increase rates. Then they introduced 3 different day prices within the same week. So it reduces the # of dates at the lower rates AND increases rates... driving ASP from both make-up and prices.

To put that in perspective... at ASM, there are just 9... NINE days out of the entire year at the cheapest rate. NINE. 2.4%! Where most of the dates are now 40+% higher than that lowest rate. In 2011, the value season for ASM was 13 WEEKS or 25% of the year!

Then we can look at ticket prices... even going back just 8 years.. a 4 day base MYW was $243 now that same 4 day ticket averages about $400. A nearly 65% increase.

That's just the baseline stuff.

Disney was always a premium product with premium pricing. That means most people are extending themselves to afford it. So when prices are leaping in double digit jumps in single moves.. and the prices are climbing more than 4x the rate of inflation and more than 3x the growth in disposable income during the same period... Why is it such a hard concept to grasp that the pricing has outpaced many people's ability to keep up?

CP_alum08

I'm not sure how you get this 10k to 9k number... but this question is rather self defeating and pointless I think.

If someone has a budget of X dollars, and can't get it from companyA... they will simply adapt and change what they are willing to consume.

Maybe a vacation every other year instead of every year...
Maybe they do 3 smaller trips instead of 1 big trip...
Maybe they simply change where they vacation...

What's the point of the question? There is no universal answer. People will spend their entertainment dollars differently and seek out things they they desire.

The stupid will outspend themselves so they don't have to adapt.. everyone else will either find new money or adapt.
The $10k was an arbitrary number. Maybe $2k prices people out, the number doesn’t matter.

I know there is no universal which is why I asked the question.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Have fun reading......

I saw it on the internet so it has to be true.

NickMaio

eliza61nyc

Yes the 2 dozen articles....some by prominent news sources are ALL false.
Do you by chance subscribe to the "fake news" theory. If I don't like it, it must be fake news.

No not at all but remember the financial articles are based on what people "think" will happen with the information they have currently. They have absolutely been wrong, I love business insider and my late husband was in the "biz".

It's the same principle when you go to a financial planner, a good one gives you advice on the current economic situation but they immediately say 'PAST performance is no guarantee of future performance"

now basically I look at the current situation. Disney is pricing out the middle class, then who is in the parks?? are you saying all those people are rich? are you assuming that all those people are maxing out their credit cards to go?

eliza61nyc

Washington Post.....must be fake news also.
One of the most prominent and vetted news papers in your country.
Just fake news....... You guys are jokers..
Just keep your heads in the sand and egnore this obvious reality.
WDW is and has been pricing out the middle income families for a while now.

That must be some strong kool-aid😜

lol but Nick, look at the date of that article. the article itself is contradictory 2015 they predicted the demise of WDW and yet the parks are packed. lol, it's like predicting the next economic crash, yeah we know it's coming but....

I guess all those folks in the parks are rich and just don't know it.

eliza61nyc

At this point only the Disney shills and a couple sheeple can justify their actions with a straight face.

I'm justifying their actions because they are a company and don't owe you or anyone else a cheap anything. I'm a business women, I will always justify a companies right to do whatever the hell they want with their product.

So yeah my face is extremely straight and serious

Yes I dislike entitle princesses that cry "poor me, I can't afford disney anymore". you want to go, pay the price or stay home. Disney doesn't owe you a darn thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom