Disney is getting rid of hot cheese

JohnD

Ridiculous. Like Ghiardelli getting rid of peanut butter because of those with peanut allergies. Not to belittle anyone with the allergies but why ruin it for the rest of us for those who already know they are allergic to peanuts. I seriously doubt those with peanut allergies are incapable of accidentally choosing a fudge and peanut butter sundae.

AEfx

I only have one of those molds. Clearly, I'm falling behind.

Ha! I have just one, as well - a "special edition" Marvel one that came with the latest Loot Crate.

I have had a few of the SW ones on my wishlist for awhile at Amazon. Just haven't picked them up yet.

I'm betting you have the Han in Carbonite one? :)

brb1006

Speaking of cheese, I remember when my local Chuck E Cheese Pizza tasted like heaven! I will never forget how taste of the entire pizza. Keep in mind, this was in late 90's and early 2000's before the Pizza started tasting stale. I'm not sure if i'm the only person who had their Chuck E Cheese Pizza tasting that good.

Communicore

Speaking of cheese, I remember when my local Chuck E Cheese Pizza tasted like heaven! I will never forget how taste of the entire pizza. Keep in mind, this was in late 90's and early 2000's before the Pizza started tasting stale. I'm not sure if i'm the only person who had their Chuck E Cheese Pizza tasting that good.
Is it possible to order Chuck E Cheese to go?

AEfx

Bah, you should have had it in the 80's when it was actually topped with cheese and not "processed cheese product"!

PhotoDave219

Ha! I have just one, as well - a "special edition" Marvel one that came with the latest Loot Crate.

I have had a few of the SW ones on my wishlist for awhile at Amazon. Just haven't picked them up yet.

I'm betting you have the Han in Carbonite one? :)

Yeah. I found it works better with chocolate than ice

AEfx

Cheese-its! :(

I was so confused at the grocery store a few weeks back. I rarely buy boxed snacks, but they had Cheez-it's on sale and that was always a childhood favorite. They have like a dozen different kinds now - I had to search for "plain old Cheez-it's".

They were as good as I remember, especially the super-salty crumbs at the very bottom of the cellophane bag inside. :)

Arthur Wellesley

I agree, this is currently my favorite thread on this site. It's the most active I had seen these forums so far.
Please don't think that anyone is making fun of you. The possibility of a popular food product being removed is something worthy of a thread. I'm glad you posted it. Given how epic (and deadly serious) threads in the past have been about changes in things like paper napkin logos and cash register receipt paper, it's definitely appropriate for the site.

I don't think anyone doubts you, it's just until we have more concrete information to discuss (more verification from say a CM, or it actually happening) - cheese is just a funny thing to talk about anyway, and some of the initial replies were so darn funny it has now turned into one of the most hilarious threads that has ever been on this site.

We aren't chiding you for starting it, we applaud you - not only is it definitely news (at least by WDW standards) and now lots of folks will be watching out for changes based on your information, you are also the creator of what will likely go down as an all-time-classic WDWMAGIC thread.

Everyone, go back to the OP and give it a like - Pirouline deserves it!!!
Ironically, this discussion was started on Thursday, June 4th. And thanks to @trr1 for pointing this out in another thread...June 4th is National Cheese Day.
http://www.food.com/food-holidays/cheese-day-0604
http://nationaldaycalendar.com/2015...y-national-cognac-day-national-old-maids-day/

Not only has this historic discussion taught us a lot about the subject of cheeses...but it has also taught us a lot about ourselves. And that, my friends, is the gift that keeps on giving.

mouse_luv

Ridiculous. Like Ghiardelli getting rid of peanut butter because of those with peanut allergies. Not to belittle anyone with the allergies but why ruin it for the rest of us for those who already know they are allergic to peanuts. I seriously doubt those with peanut allergies are incapable of accidentally choosing a fudge and peanut butter sundae.

NO, but they can die from cross contamination of the peanuts and the peanut butter topping. It's not as easy to avoid as you stated, and it's not exactly fair for some people to not be able to eat there because they use peanut products, just so you can enjoy a "peanut butter sundae." People with severe allergies avoid enough and have to deal with a bunch of stuff that you probably (based on your post) take for granted. Be considerate.

Now back to talking about fake cheese and the composition of various fruits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom