Disney is getting rid of hot cheese

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, you're the president of the tin foil club, so what's the

Common sense isn't so common. This lady proved that.

Any kind of drinking and driving is wrong. If she spilled the drink on herself in a parking lot, well, clumsiness runs rampant as well. I'm sure she wasn't the first and by the links I posted earlier, not the last either that will make the rest of us have to pay.

Poor old lady.

Clamman73

How would you like me to fold your tin foil hat?

Granted, it could have been a scam, but very likely was not. The restaurant admitted to keeping and serving the coffee at nearly 200 degrees.

The incident happened soon after leaving the drive through in the parking lot.

And, I sort of doubt she did it at home and then asked her son to drive to the local McDonalds to set up an elaborite scam.

Not to mention the family approached McDonalds first just to ask for the medical bills, nothing extra. McDonalds told them to shove off, and theyd see them in court. And, McDonalds lost.
If at around 200 degrees I believe it...I've had just boiling water soak through a "hot glove" at work and it caused skin to bubble on my finger. I didn't even realize it was burning to such a degree until it was too late - the glove material just held the heat against the skin.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, you're the president of the tin foil club, so what's the design of the week ;)

Common sense isn't so common. This lady proved that.

Any kind of drinking and driving is wrong. If she spilled the drink on herself in a parking lot, well, clumsiness runs rampant as well. I'm sure she wasn't the first and by the links I posted earlier, not the last either that will make the rest of us have to pay.
They pulled over after ordering the coffee and she perched it between her legs to add cream and sugar. As she removed the lid, the cup tilted and spilled all over her legs. Coffee cups at McDs back then were rather thin styrofoam.

The case isnt about was it a bad idea, the case is about the fact that the resulting burns were far more severe than one would expect from some simple coffee. I wont post pictures, you can google them. But, spilling coffee on your legs shouldnt result in skin grafts in 6% of your body, regardless of if you spilt it on yourself.

That said, what she did wasnt all that uncommon practice at the time, and while had it been a simple spill that got her some minor burns that required minor treatment, thats one thing...

It was far more than that.

Last edited:

mousehockey37

They pulled over after ordering the coffee and she perched it between her legs to add cream and sugar. As she removed the lid, the cup tilted and spilled all over her legs. Coffee cups at McDs back then were rather thin styrofoam.

The case isnt about was it a bad idea, the case is about the fact that the resulting burns were far more severe than one would expect from some simple coffee. I wont post pictures, you can google them. But, spilling coffee on your legs shouldnt result in skin grafts, regardless of if you spilt it on yourself.

That said, what she did wasnt all that uncommon practice at the time, and while had it been a simple spill that got her some minor burns that required minor treatment, thats one thing...

It was far more than that.

So what size and how much of the cup did she spill? Again, a simple spill would imply that it tipped back some and you have a little bit. Now if the cup started to tip back and she instinctively squeezed her legs together to try and stabilize the cup and the whole thing broke and went into her lap...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So what size and how much of the cup did she spill? Again, a simple spill would imply that it tipped back some and you have a little bit. Now if the cup started to tip back and she instinctively squeezed her legs together to try and stabilize the cup and the whole thing broke and went into her lap...
Small coffee, I believe. And yes, an automatic reaction to a small spill could have easily made it worse, no doubt. That doesnt mean her reaction was an invalid one.

mousehockey37

Small coffee, I believe. And yes, an automatic reaction to a small spill could have easily made it worse, no doubt. That doesnt mean her reaction was an invalid one.

At this point, 21 years later, it's all shoulda, coulda, woulda... Like I posted about the NC cop who tried to sue Starbucks... he lost.

Again, as the way our country goes today, it's all about suing. Look at our good friend KatieBug!!! She wanted to basically try and sue to own Disney because of how she was "treated", but yet, you reap what you sow with your Disney vacation....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
At this point, 21 years later, it's all shoulda, coulda, woulda... Like I posted about the NC cop who tried to sue Starbucks... he lost.

Again, as the way our country goes today, it's all about suing. Look at our good friend KatieBug!!! She wanted to basically try and sue to own Disney because of how she was "treated", but yet, you reap what you sow with your Disney vacation....
here's a pretty good short video about this case.
http://www.southmilwaukeenow.com/blogs/communityblogs/228701931.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom