Disney in Harry Potter Theme-Park Deal?

duckburg85

Original Poster
Ive been watching posts on here and people have been talking about the rumors and putting any "good" sites to back up any claims. Ive been on this site for a couple of years and thought it was agood time to post, lol. This sounds like an odd idea for a prk but atleast its not justa rumor.

The Walt Disney Co. is considering constructing a "site-based entertainment" complex in Singapore that would occupy a full city block and rise six to seven stories, with each story featuring one of the Harry Potter books, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his blog Monday. Hill quoted an anonymous source as saying that Disney has been in protracted negotiations with Potter author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. to secure theme-park rights for the Singapore complex. Hill's source continued: "If this Harry Potter acquisition deal does fall apart, I'm told that the Imagineers have another SBE [site-based entertainment] concept that also might fly. One where each floor of this city-block-sized building would then celebrate a different Pixar film."
-Imdb.com

Pongo

Jim Hill is a crackpot.

IMDB is not a good source for looking up theme park rumors.

JK Rowling just started the 7th book today.

So I'd say this is false. Way false. Besides, DisneyQuest didn't succeed except in Downtown Disney. And this would basically be a HP DQ.

MKCP 1985

duckburg85 said:
Ive been watching posts on here and people have been talking about the rumors and putting any "good" sites to back up any claims. Ive been on this site for a couple of years and thought it was agood time to post, lol. This sounds like an odd idea for a prk but atleast its not justa rumor.

The Walt Disney Co. is considering constructing a "site-based entertainment" complex in Singapore that would occupy a full city block and rise six to seven stories, with each story featuring one of the Harry Potter books, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his blog Monday. Hill quoted an anonymous source as saying that Disney has been in protracted negotiations with Potter author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. to secure theme-park rights for the Singapore complex. Hill's source continued: "If this Harry Potter acquisition deal does fall apart, I'm told that the Imagineers have another SBE [site-based entertainment] concept that also might fly. One where each floor of this city-block-sized building would then celebrate a different Pixar film."
-Imdb.com
Hi, and welcome to the boards. This very same story at Jim Hill's website was discussed at length on this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=67249 You might find some of the thoughts expressed in that link interesting. :wave:

As much as I'd like a Harry Potter attraction, I don't see it happening at Disney. If it were to happen, and I'm not saying it's going to, I think that it would be at Universal.

CBF

MickeyTigg

duckburg85 said:
The Walt Disney Co. is considering constructing a "site-based entertainment" complex in Singapore that would occupy a full city block and rise six to seven stories, with each story featuring one of the Harry Potter books, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his blog Monday. Hill quoted an anonymous source as saying that Disney has been in protracted negotiations with Potter author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. to secure theme-park rights for the Singapore complex.

Jim Hill?

Alert the press...call a news conference....Disney's cover is blown.

:lol:

Blizz

Must be Jim Hill can't make up any more crap about Disney, now he is spreading rumors that he is dead??? That's great, however, though it worked for Monet and the like, I doubt it will make his site any more popular...

I can assure you he isnt dead, if he was dead one of his minions would have posted that in a dream the dead jim Hill spoke to him and told him all of Walt Disney's plans from beyond the grave and that anoymous dead sources have told him all about Disney's fifth gate and monorail expansion.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WDI.RIP said:
Wherever he is...he's very upset with me. So...once again....Not Dead.

How do you know he's upset with you? Is this a psychic kinda thing or is there some other means by whih you are aware? :veryconfu

WDI.RIP

MontyMon said:
How do you know he's upset with you? Is this a psychic kinda thing or is there some other means by whih you are aware? :veryconfu

Didn't you hear abou al Gore inventing e-mail or something like that...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WDI.RIP said:
Didn't you hear abou al Gore inventing e-mail or something like that...

Actually, I think his claim was that he was involved with creating the internet. Not necessarily too much of a stretch, he was in academia when the ARPNET was started, so could have been involved. "Invented" was just the press taking his statements out of context [not that they do that often :zipit:]

Sent you a less-than-complimentary e-mail, did he? :lol:

WDI.RIP

DisneyFreak529 said:
The rights of Harry Potter belong to Warner brothers. You will never see Harry Potter at Disney.

Warner Bros. owns the movie rights, but NOT the theme park rights.

How about them apples!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom