Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

SirLink

What's even funnier is that the video and text don't match - you have Gary stating you may or may not see him again - and the video states 'one night only' - like the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing :cool:

Goofnut1980

Although, how does a dragon fit into any of the movies in the Enchanted Forest??? BatB?? No... Little Mermaid?? No... SW7D??? No... Dumbo??? No... huh, I just dont see why they did that at all!

janoimagine

Although, how does a dragon fit into any of the movies in the Enchanted Forest??? BatB?? No... Little Mermaid?? No... SW7D??? No... Dumbo??? No... huh, I just dont see why they did that at all!
Wow ... A little literal don't you think? Dragons are a part of Fantasy ... always have been, Sword in the Stone had one, Malificent turned into a dragon ... Just sayin'.

Also, the China Plate, the Reluctant Dragon, Pete's Dragon, The Black Cauldron, Mushu, The Ballad of Nessie ..... ;)

HenryMystic

I wouldn't necessarily look at last night being a waste of money re: the dragon. If anything, last night finally gave it a purpose. There are many things like this that WDI tinkers and experiments with that never see the light of the day. The "viral campaign" may have been a waste of resources, but hey, the dragon got its moment in the sun (so to speak.)

TalkingHead

I wouldn't necessarily look at last night being a waste of money re: the dragon. If anything, last night finally gave it a purpose. There are many things like this that WDI tinkers and experiments with that never see the light of the day. The "viral campaign" may have been a waste of resources, but hey, the dragon got its moment in the sun (so to speak.)

The viral campaign is the head-scratcher in all this. Why spend money promoting the thing to the online community? It's almost like the publicity folks realized that none of the permanent offerings in FLE are exciting enough, so they felt compelled to use the dragon to try to drum up interest.

TalkingHead

I haven't seen anyone mention how the dragon looked from the ground. In short, much less impressive. That might be one explanation as to why it's a one-time thing -- it probably looks better on video than live and in-person.

Still doesn't forgive the publicity around the thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom