News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

doctornick

For crying out loud, couldn't they just ADD something for once without replacing something? Whatever happened to "the blessing of size?" When was the last time they actually added something on to a park without closing something else in the same place first? Expedition Everest?

I think we all agree with the sentiment, but if you are being serious, both Ratatouille (and the crepe shop) and Tron were built on previously unused land.

MrPromey

1) Ending the announcement on “Y’all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?”
2) This slogan was also the sign off for The Beverly Hillbillies.
3) 90’s nostalgia for major motion picture remakes of Boomer sitcoms meant that in 1993 a feature film of The Beverly Hillbillies was released by…20th Century Fox.
4) Disney now owns 20CF catalogue, and hence, The Beverly Hillbillies film.

Ergo, Beyond Big Thunder will be Beverly Hillbillies themed.
So the real question becomes... will guest be allowed in the new seeee-mint pond or is it only for looking at?

Centauri Space Station

I feel like Frontierland is going to be such a mess three years from now. Does that seem like a long time to you? Whatever they do won't be done until then, I'm sure.

I ate at Pecos Bill's once in 2011, never before or since. I didn't care that much for the food, but I loved the look and feel of it. The warm lighting during the twilight hours was like a warm lamp waiting in the window after traversing Adventureland (pardon me while I poetically reflect on my youth at WDW). I don't have high hopes for this, and it's not because of the IP replacement.

A Tiana's Place/Palace Restaurant, done right, requires a new build, full stop. I want to visit the restaurant from the movie, NOT Pecos Bill's redecorated (in DL's case French Market).

For crying out loud, couldn't they just ADD something for once without replacing something? Whatever happened to "the blessing of size?" When was the last time they actually added something on to a park without closing something else in the same place first? Expedition Everest?
Tron, Ratatouille, Avatar technically since FOTLK moved

ohioguy

At this point they might as well just build a new Frontierland fitting for 21st Century sensitivities beyond Big Thunder and re-theme all of current Frontierland as a Liberty Square extension transitioning into New Orleans. Perhaps new Frontierland can borrow from some of the more rustic, outdoorsy vibe that exists in DCA's Grizzly Peak.
This is absolutely what they should do. Just rename the bears to "Cajun Bears Jamboree" and change the outside facade as it transitions into a New Orleans Square. Frontierland moved to beyond Big Thunder.

Vp9503

It would be interesting to see the Pecos menu offerings prior to the Splash redo decision and then after. Pecos was always packed and from what I recall, the food was great. Especially the taco salad bar. We’ve eaten there on all 3 trips the past year and the quality was not the same. Not awful but not as good as the past. But still better than dried cold burgers at cosmic rays. Hopefully that’s not another retheme coming 😂

Phicinfan

This to me means two things. I agree for Frontier land this is a restage of Pecos Bill's, but I also think they will rework the kitchen in preperation to change Tortuga Tavern over to the new Pirates themed bar they announced earlier. Do both while its all being worked to reduce cost and down time.

Just my opinion...

Bocabear

Seems like if there is an actual functional plan to go "Beyond Big Thunder" they should just re-theme the river front of the current Frontierland into a "New Orleans" themed area... Let Big Thunder be the transitional portal into the Frontier settlement beyond. A couple food options and a new attraction or two, then a portal into Villains Lair to complete the loop around the Rivers Of America. The Frontierland they built in Hong Kong is beautiful...and could be a good model for what could be done. Grizzly Gulch. Add a new Country Bears theater and move them. and it would still need another attraction or two...but we could finally have a real honest to goodness Old West Frontierland...and then the area along the river is free for re-imagining into a New Orleans, bend in the river...

SpectreJordan

Seems like if there is an actual functional plan to go "Beyond Big Thunder" they should just re-theme the river front of the current Frontierland into a "New Orleans" themed area... Let Big Thunder be the transitional portal into the Frontier settlement beyond. A couple food options and a new attraction or two, then a portal into Villains Lair to complete the loop around the Rivers Of America. The Frontierland they built in Hong Kong is beautiful...and could be a good model for what could be done. Grizzly Gulch. Add a new Country Bears theater and move them. and it would still need another attraction or two...but we could finally have a real honest to goodness Old West Frontierland...and then the area along the river is free for re-imagining into a New Orleans, bend in the river...
I'd love that. I wonder if the chance at just taking stuff from Hong Kong would influence them to do that over IP stuff. They love adding IPs but they also love porting stuff lol

As for Pecos Bill, I won't really miss that restaurant; I think it's very mediocre, almost bad food. But I do wish they'd just add a new restaurant instead & then give Pecos some good food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom